Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there's a problem with your scenario:
Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis says no cameras were in the jail cell where Bland was found dead. But he says videos from cameras monitoring the hall outside her cell show no one entered or left it between the time she last spoke with deputies through an intercom system and when her body was discovered.

DejaBlue didn't say that Bland was murdered and then her death made to look like a suicide.

She theorized that Bland may have asked for medical assistance and the cops ignored her request. If she does indeed suffer from epilepsy, she would have to take medication daily, and a blow to the head may have caused seizures.

However, refusing someone medical assistance when they are in custody should warrant a charge of at least manslaughter. There is a charge I'm thinking of but can't remember what it is; something like 'indifference'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 10:04 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The one that shows that NOBODY entered
her cell during the time period in question.
Anyone could have entered her cell by the back where the blind spot in the cell was, btw. It seems like they purposely put her in a cell where the cameras would not show what they did, just as they purposely kept her out of camera range in the dash cam video. That video is 52 minutes long and there are places where it looks like they altered it.

What the Hell Is Going on in the Dashcam Video of Sandra Bland's Arrest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkqw...yer_detailpage

Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
However, refusing someone medical assistance when they are in custody should warrant a charge of at least manslaughter. There is a charge I'm thinking of but can't remember what it is; something like 'indifference'?
I think the term is "depraved indifference" but I suspect there are charges more specific to procedural lapses that could be applied. If it even gets to the point where they decide to admit that that is what happened. A big 'if'.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:11 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,034,474 times
Quote:
There is a charge I'm thinking of but can't remember what it is; something like 'indifference'?
Perhaps you're thinking of involuntary manslaughter. "Depraved indifference" was the charge heaped on the driver of the paddy wagon in the Freddie Gray case, if I recall correctly.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:20 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,994,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there's a problem with your scenario:
Quote:
Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis says no cameras were in the jail cell where Bland was found dead. But he says videos from cameras monitoring the hall outside her cell show no one entered or left it between the time she last spoke with deputies through an intercom system and when her body was discovered.

DejaBlue didn't say that Bland was murdered and then her death made to look like a suicide.

She theorized that Bland may have asked for medical assistance and the cops ignored her request
. If she does indeed suffer from epilepsy, she would have to take medication daily, and a blow to the head may have caused seizures.

Thank you.

I theorized that she was talking to them and raising hell and then maybe she started not feeling good and kept asking for medical. They denied it saying she was fine. If she was anything like the dash cam common perception would be to say this person is fine. Anyone that feisty is fine. Then all of a sudden asking for medical sounds suspect.

If they denied her, she got quiet then died and when they finally went back in there and find her dead with: NO puncture wounds, NO bleeding, NO visible signs of death it looks really bad! So they made it look lie she committed suicide to hide their lack of giving her medical attention or even walking to her cell to visibly see what she's asking for medical about.

Again, was she murdered? No.

She died somehow.

Do I think they made it LOOK like a suicide as a coverup? Yes. Absolutely.

Until the coroner, Texas Rangers, FBI, etc all have a medical person say yes, pictures were taken of the body and a trashbag was removed from around her neck, yes we had to lift her from the ceiling tiles and remove the bag from around her neck I'm suspicious.

Until the autopsy says "death by asphyxiation" I'm suspicious. The ceiling wasn't that high. She had t have been gasping for a good while. No one had an audio on her, listening to the intercom hearing her gasp? Maye they though she was fake gasping.

She was WAY too feisty to just hang herself. If anything I'd say she was a big show and would look for something to cause blood and make a real scene.

The trashbag was the best bet to make a natural cause death or death by internal bleeding to the head look legit.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:33 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I theorized that she was talking to them and raising hell and then maybe she started not feeling good and kept asking for medical. They denied it saying she was fine. If she was anything like the dash cam common perception would be to say this person is fine. Anyone that feisty is fine. Then all of a sudden asking for medical sounds suspect.
The only thing wrong with yours and the other posters premise is time. You both are making it seem like Bland is brought into the station full of spit and vinegar and spends the next couple of hours annoying supervising staff via intercom and then suddenly goes quiet. As I understand it, days elapsed between the time Bland was brought to jail and the time she was discovered dead. That should be THE question that the media is demanding an answer to! The only place I have even heard it being asked is here. I thought I was the first, but I see that others have asked also.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I think the term is "depraved indifference" but I suspect there are charges more specific to procedural lapses that could be applied. If it even gets to the point where they decide to admit that that is what happened. A big 'if'.
Yes, that's the one I was thinking of, thanks!

I managed to watch about seven minutes of the long video, up to the point where the cop demanded she get out of the car.

Up until then, I would hardly call Bland's attitude hostile. I could tell she was mad, but was still answering the cop's questions in a reasonable manner...up until he told her to put the smoke out and demanded she exit her car. There was no reason for the cop to do that at all!

Apparently, there was nothing wrong with her license or registration, so what exactly was his problem???

He just wanted to harass her, that's all.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Anyone could have entered her cell by the back where the blind spot in the cell was, btw. It seems like they purposely put her in a cell where the cameras would not show what they did, just as they purposely kept her out of camera range in the dash cam video. That video is 52 minutes long and there are places where it looks like they altered it.

What the Hell Is Going on in the Dashcam Video of Sandra Bland's Arrest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkqw...yer_detailpage
I think she was put in that particular cell because she was there overnight. A YT poster mentioned the ones in front only had benches. And I did notice when he ushered her out the car, he directed her out of the way of the dashcam. He should have had her stand behind her car to make sure everything was being recorded. Not sure why they haven't released the dashcam video from the other cop car.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:40 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
All the wild imagining in this thread is hilarious.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Why was she in jail at all?
for kicking a cop (assault on public servant).

arrest affidavit thingy:

Quote:
[i]

She theorized that Bland may have asked for medical assistance and the cops ignored her request. If she does indeed suffer from epilepsy, she would have to take medication daily, and a blow to the head may have caused seizures.

yes, I see now that her theoretical scenario could have played out over the intercom rather than face to face.
but the time line is waaay off. she was in the clink for four days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
wait - you're claiming there's a secret back door into her cell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events