Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 04:53 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,302,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and you know that he was fed by humans, how?? Is it the least bit possible he was just used to seeing sightseeing jeeps on tour??

This little column probably goes too much against whatever your preconceived notions are.... but here it is, anyway:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dont-...res#.rtRNxL5jz

do sharks and gators count?? both are delicious!!
Mmm... gators...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:

LOL, they may count, but I don't think eating shark and gators is common, as in they are farmed as food.

I've never tasted either. I did have squid once, though, and sweetmeats (but I did not know what they were at the time) yuck!

Old 07-30-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
LOL, they may count, but I don't think eating shark and gators is common, as in they are farmed as food.

I've never tasted either. I did have squid once, though, and sweetmeats (but I did not know what they were at the time) yuck!
Eating shark fin soup is very common in Asia, and gator meat is pretty common and they are indeed bred for food / skin on gator farms in FL and LA. Gators are delicious btw, truly "taste like chicken" but better. And you can typically find gator steaks even in some Michigan restaurants.

Also, most fish that we eat is carnivorous. Tuna, mackerel, salmon etc.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:05 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
I really don't care that Jimmy Kimmel cried on camera. That was the act of your typical limousine liberal.

You are all missing the point. This dentist used his money to contribute to a future extinction of the African lion. These refuges are designed to preserve that breed of animal. He used his money to work around the laws of a country that he was a guest in.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I really don't care that Jimmy Kimmel cried on camera. That was the act of your typical limousine liberal.

You are all missing the point. This dentist used his money to contribute to a future extinction of the African lion. These refuges are designed to preserve that breed of animal. He used his money to work around the laws of a country that he was a guest in.
Actually, most posters demanding him to be skinned alive and fed to the lions don't care if he hunted legally or not.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:13 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
What is this "social media" you speak of?

Seriously, I only have Facebook and I've been telling people that I don't want to see their activism nor their politics, that if I see they using FB, which I go to for relaxation by seeing the fun things people are doing, for their agendas, I'll unfollow them............been doing that a lot, recently.

If I want to keep informed about politics, the outrage happening the world, there are other sites for that.......like this one.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Ask all the sharks killed for shark fin soup. Those sharks aren't farmed. No, killing them is still going on. This is what I mean, so many people are uninformed about what really goes on.

Sharks are killed by the hundreds of thousands.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
and you know that he was fed by humans, how?? Is it the least bit possible he was just used to seeing sightseeing jeeps on tour??

This little column probably goes too much against whatever your preconceived notions are.... but here it is, anyway:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dont-...res#.rtRNxL5jz

Anything is possible. Do you believe it is likely? How does a lion become used to seeing jeeps if they aren't going where the lions are? Do you believe the lions saw the jeeps and decided to just check them out and then hung around all the time?

If that is true, then why are there roads to where the lions are?

You see, no matter how you try to explain otherwise, that lion was conditioned by humans to be comfortable around humans. That was the crime. The killing was just an event in a long chain of irresponsible management of a so-called "national treasure".

My preconceived notions? That would be those who think that the only thing that happened was that some dentist killed a lion. As usual, many people can't think past the immediate sensationalism of Internet stories nor can they accept anything past what they read in some column.

Seeing a larger picture and then maybe seeing the real problem is why so many people seem to think that everything is just an isolated thing, something they can fix right away and move on.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:07 PM

Meanwhile, since Cecil was killed, so were a lot of people.

In the same time, hundreds if not thousands of dogs and cats were euthanized right here in the USA.

More than a few kids were probably molested.

But what the heck, gotta get the dentist. We'll show the world who really cares about the important things.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:18 PM

286 posts, read 262,688 times
Default you are one sick effing scumbag

[
why should innocent other people be brought into it, hmmm? eff you and all your irrational, arrogant kind!

QUOTE=newtoks;40593006]Sport hunters are scumbags, I can't stand people that get their rocks off by killing animals. They are sociopaths similar to serial killers and child molesters. Anyone that intentionally kills an animal for sport should be tortured and killed slowly over a period of months while their family is forced to watch.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events