Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 06:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Ask all the sharks killed for shark fin soup. Those sharks aren't farmed. No, killing them is still going on. This is what I mean, so many people are uninformed about what really goes on.

Sharks are killed by the hundreds of thousands.
Yes, I know that. The fishermen catch the sharks, cut off their fins, and let them sink to the bottom to die.

That is disgusting, also.

I AM informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 06:44 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
News coverage of current events-
CBS, NBC, ABC time combined
killing a lion - 30 minutes
Harvesting and selling body parts from dead babies - 11 minutes

Old 07-30-2015, 06:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, since Cecil was killed, so were a lot of people.

Yes, probably so. And they were probably killed by other people. I'm sure lions kill other lions, also. Your point is? What is your solution? What can I do personally to prevent people from murdering others?

In the same time, hundreds if not thousands of dogs and cats were euthanized right here in the USA.

All the animals I have had were spayed and/or neutered. I am doing my part. What can I do to convince others to spay and neuter?

More than a few kids were probably molested.

Unfortunately, that is so. If I know a child molester I would certainly turn him in. What else can be done? Please let me know.

But what the heck, gotta get the dentist. We'll show the world who really cares about the important things.

There are threads on numerous topics. This is not the only one, in case you didn't notice.
Start a thread about a known child molester who is walking around freely and you will see much more action.

Go ahead. Do it.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:58 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How do you think you will be living when the gas for the generator powering your bunker runs out?

What are you going to do when the walmart is an empty shell?

You have the utter nerve to deride people who are doing what so many 'survivalists' are doing in this country; LIVING OFF THE GRID! Ever hear of that??? Sure you have; you probably have a bunker, too. LOL

By the way, on your next vacation, take a road trip through Appalachia...yeah, right here in America.
Deride them? Not even. I quite respect them. They pull a living out of the bush, using no power , very little powered equipment, they raise their own food, meat and crops, haul water by hand, they are double tough and resilient folks. If I'm deriding anyone, its folks who think everything comes pre packed, from a cooler case at Wal Mart.

I made my respect for them quite clear, to anyone who has rudimentary reading skills. Nice personal attacks though. Touchy , much? Easy there, big fella. I don't know where all this "bunker" nonsense came from, but no, I don't have any such facility. I actually know Appalachia , quite well. The way many folks live, out there, is no stranger to me. I grew up with raising livestock for food, we had a garden, traded with fks up the way, meat and veggies, for milk and eggs. We didn't keep chickens or a milk cow. Nothing, at all, wrong with living that way

Or with the way the bush tribes live. They play the hand dealt, best they can. And a lion, can be a serious problem, for them. The local tribes may not miss Cecil, at all. That's understandable. I've had to track down stock killing predators before. A mkungajn lion is a lot less critter than an African, and we had guns, horses and dogs. Bush tribes don't. If one man in the village has a gun, they are lucky. Takes a LOT of sand to guard the herds with a spear. More than I have. But their herds are their life, lions against man with spear, notwithstanding. And you think I deride that kind of grit?

Now, I realize, you .must have a far better grasp of what being poor is like, than I. Oh yea, I've been soooo privileged, all my life. Silver spoon and all. But I wonder, who's doing the derision here?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, since Cecil was killed, so were a lot of people.

In the same time, hundreds if not thousands of dogs and cats were euthanized right here in the USA.

More than a few kids were probably molested.

But what the heck, gotta get the dentist. We'll show the world who really cares about the important things.
The guy who has spent no less than 102 posts so far in this thread alone defending the poacher now whines that people are paying too much attention to this topic!

Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Start a thread about a known child molester who is walking around freely and you will see much more action.

Go ahead. Do it.
Really? You over-estimate what is going on these days. Cecil is the distraction of a lifetime. The politicians love it, the comedians love it, the pundits love it, CD loves it. Everyone loves it.

Cecil getting killed was a windfall for them.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The guy who has spent no less than 102 posts so far in this thread alone defending the poacher now whines that people are paying too much attention to this topic!
Who defended the poacher?

Come on, show one post where I defended the poacher? Otherwise guess what that makes you?

If nothing else, the head post counter. But it does make you something else if you can't show the post where I defended the poacher.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
I haven't seen one post defending the guy. Defending law yes. Pointing out morons that don't know anything about hunting and regulations? Yes.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Actually, most posters demanding him to be skinned alive and fed to the lions don't care if he hunted legally or not.
Actually , you are not in those people's heads, so you are full of .... conjecture.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:49 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Cecil the lion's killer revealed as American dentist - Telegraph

So, to sum up:
The lion was unlawfully lured out of a national park with bait. It was then shot over bait. It was then found the next day and shot and killed. The head and hide was taken - predictably, the rest was just discarded.

Since when is having someone else lure the game in with bait anything close to 'hunting'? Aside from the ethics of hunting, this clown did nothing of the sort. He sat on his ass while someone else put out raw meat to entice the lion out of its sanctuary, then he shot it - but it wasn't a killing shot - as it fed.

It's a pity the lion didn't have this fool for a meal.

More on this pathetic act:

Twin Cities dentist admits killing beloved lion, thought he was acting legally - StarTribune.com
This incident has made me incredibly sad. It is my hope that this sociopath is brought to justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events