Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 05:54 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hmmm, I'm from Zimbabwe, and have many friends and family there are they are outraged about Cecil. I guess the article written by journalists based in the U.S. knows better?
They think they do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 06:10 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
I guess I don't understand the level of outrage either. Babies are dying, parts of the world are at the brink of war with each other, racial tensions are high here in the USA, some police are out of control.

Yeah it sucks the guy killed the lion, but there really are much more worthwhile reasons to get outraged.

If you read the article, I believe it was written by a journalist there in Zimbabwe, not an american journalist.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:27 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
News coverage of current events-
CBS, NBC, ABC time combined
killing a lion - 30 minutes
Harvesting and selling body parts from dead babies - 11 minutes
careful, as I was ostracized for the same thing the other day on this thread I was told this is not forum about the babies and to move on.. lol.. oh yea and because I read fifty shades of grey and watch the walking dead why would I care about aborted babies being sold? somehow that makes me an uncaring and un-informed person..

Old 07-31-2015, 06:31 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:

Muchinguri also said Palmer's use of a
bow and arrow to kill the lion, who is said to have been lured out of Hwange
National Park with bait before being shot, was in contravention of Zimbabwean
hunting regulations.

Palmer, a life-long big game hunter,
managed to return to the United States before the authorities were aware of the
controversy around Cecil's death.

"It was too late to apprehend the
foreign poacher because he had already absconded to his country of origin,"
Muchinguri said.
Killer of Cecil the lion should be extradited, Zimbabwe says

So it's also illegal to use a bow and arrow.

Cecil wasn't hunted, he was slaughtered.

I do hope the authorities get this extradition going and going soon.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:33 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
I came to a decision yesterday. The news seems to have a very liberal agenda. They can blow it out their ears. I plan to switch channels every time anyone starts telling me about any officers shooting anyone, liberal political crap, climate change, etc. As far as I am concerned if they are into the liberal agenda they will be talking to themselves because I am tired of hearing it.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:44 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I came to a decision yesterday. The news seems to have a very liberal agenda. They can blow it out their ears. I plan to switch channels every time anyone starts telling me about any officers shooting anyone, liberal political crap, climate change, etc. As far as I am concerned if they are into the liberal agenda they will be talking to themselves because I am tired of hearing it.
I am pretty certain you made that decision long before yesterday. Yes, the main stream media (MSM) is pretty biased. You are encouraged to watch Fox News, listen to conservative radio station on AM, and read conservative blogs, a.k.a. collectively, the Fringe Media, because they are very, very neutral about the topics you mention.

Mick

Old 07-31-2015, 06:47 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,851 times
Someone's head needs to roll! That idiot ought to be fed alive to lions! Poor beautiful Cecil is gone and his cubs might get kill too because of this ssoab's disgusting ego. This dentist is just one sick example of money is the root of all evil and he must not get away with it.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/821/7...-in-zimbambwe/

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/437/7...on-cecil-cubs/

Old 07-31-2015, 06:51 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am pretty certain you made that decision long before yesterday. Yes, the main stream media (MSM) is pretty biased. You are encouraged to watch Fox News, listen to conservative radio station on AM, and read conservative blogs, a.k.a. collectively, the Fringe Media, because they are very, very neutral about the topics you mention.

Mick
No, I watch all news but lately the reporting has gotten so bias that I cannot stomach it anymore plus I have come to the conclusion that hearing so many lies can be unhealthy. And news flash, I don't need anyone telling me which news stations do what. Nothing wrong with my own judgment. You decide for yourself and I will decide for myself.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Killer of Cecil the lion should be extradited, Zimbabwe says

So it's also illegal to use a bow and arrow.

Cecil wasn't hunted, he was slaughtered.

I do hope the authorities get this extradition going and going soon.
Just remember what country you're referring to...Zimbabwe, one of the most corrupt countries on earth.
Over $1 billion in diamond mining revenues never made it to the Treasury coffers in 2011. It just "got lost".

Old 07-31-2015, 06:55 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
But how would you react if a doctor doing legal late-term abortions was being destroyed in an internet hate campaign the way this dentist is being attacked ?

Do you like the campaign that puts an effective ban on abortion via intimidation of abortionists ? I recall the pro-choice crowd calling such campaigns criminal and barbaric. And yet, most of them are here.
First, there is no such thing as "legal late-term" abortion. No abortion can be performed, with some exceptions like the health of the mother, after 24 weeks (20 in some places, awaiting a SCOTUS challenge). Nothing after the second trimester.

Do you even know that countless abortion providers have been stalked, intimidated, physically threatened and even killed for helping women exercise their constitutional rights? And you must have heard about abortion clinic bombings, never mind terrorization and shaming of patients by pro-life activists who are going to hell anyway.

Holy crap, look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-a...olence#Murders

Abortion providers must have balls of steel.

So, I don't think you can fairly compare what's happening with this dentist with abortion providers. Please.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events