Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:33 AM

774 posts, read 745,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Besides...they would probably be cool with UC's decision given the fact that Adams was apparently a hermaphrodite and Jefferson was nothing more than the halfbreed bastard off-spring of an Indian squaw. At least now they'd both have an appropriate box to check.
More than likely they would wonder why anyone would think it to be appropriate to check any box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users - ABC News

WTF.What the heck are non binary,neutrois,intersex.I feel like i'm in a star trek movie."to seek out new life and new civilisations".The lunatics are truly running the asylum.Let me out.....................
+1,000,000!!! LMFAO!!! Who knew all Gene Roddenberry had to do to save money on makeup and prosthetics was getting together some non male/female humans! OMG I actually spit out my drink after reading that. I checked my OKcupid profile to see what they have and they have:

Straight, Gay, Bisexual, Asexual, Demisexual (wtf?), Heteroflexible (wtf x2?), Homoflexible (Uhh...), Lesbian, Pansexual, *****, Questioning and the oddest one of all...Sapiosexual? W..T...F? Is that some kind of sexuality where you identify as a certain tone of photograph? Sepia Tone?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I do not believe that Male to Female Trans can participate in women's athletics. There is an "accepted" max testosterone level for athletics -- anything above that (which a MtF trans would be) would fail any drug test, rendering them ineligible.
You'd think but that's not always true. Take what Fallon Fox a man that "transitioned" into a woman that fights in the MMA fought and destroyed Tamikka Brents in the ring after just two minutes. Even Ronda Rousey a Mixed martial arts champ refuses to fight him. And yes I do say "Him" because I don't care what anyone "feels" like, I care whether they have a XX or XY chromosome.

Personally, as a woman, I find the whole male to female thing very offensive. They are NOT, nor will they ever BE female! And it is so offensive to me that a MAN can just change their dress, take some hormone pills and some surgery and think they can call themselves a woman. A "woman" has a specific set of chromosomes and do things like naturally grow breasts, menstruate, can get pregnant and have a child, etc. If these type of men must exist they should at LEAST call themselves something entirely different and stop with the "I now have girl parts and have fake breasts I'm a woman now!!" BS. I'll probably get a lot of flack for this, but that's how I truly feel.

Transgender "Female" MMA Fighter Brutally Injures Female Opponent

Quote:
Transgender mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Fallon Fox is the target of criticism after brutally injuring an opponent.
Fox defeated Tamikka Brents just two minutes into the first round of the match. Brents suffered a damaged orbital bone, which required seven staples, and a concussion.

Brents summed it up: “I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life.”

“I’ve fought a lot of women,” Brents stated. “And never felt the strength I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because [he] was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right.”

The video of the Brents-Fox fight was pretty brutal: Fox threw knees to Brents face and torso right at the beginning, to kick off the fight. Brents ultimately turned her back to avoid more damage–and took almost a minute of hard strikes from Fox’s elbows and fists, before the referee stopped.

Because of how men and women are differently built–Fox, who was born a man, has larger hands, shoulders, bones, and muscle mass–a transgender opponent has a huge advantage. Because Fox transitioned her gender so recently, she still has many of the advantages that being a man has.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Medical community failed to reach an agreement how to define a male and female. Care to offer your definition?
If the medical community is so confused on how to define male & female why does it take
an OBGYN about 1 sec at delivery to announce.
"It's a BOY" or "It's a GIRL"

Old 07-30-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
If the medical community is so confused on how to define male & female why does it take
Sad thing is if you let these.......people get their way your OBGYN won't be able to say such things, instead, regardless of whether it is born with a penis or vagina they will have to announce it as "It's...whatever sex and/or gender it wants to be!!" And what's sad is you know I am not joking.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:47 AM

251 posts, read 283,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

This country was a lot closer to the Founding Father's future vision for us back in the 1950's before the hippie weirdo drugged out counter culture of the 1960's and beyond. These brilliant men are likely spinning in their graves wondering how we could go so wrong so fast.

We went from being the envy of the world and the greatest country in history, to what we are today.

Undoubtedly, with statements like yours, that is all a lost concept.

`
Yeah we should really go back to the days when straight white men ran everything even more than they do today. That is what the founding fathers meant by equality for all afterall.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:18 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Welcome to California
...the land of fruits and nuts...

Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
When it is born, If it has a penis, it is a boy, if it has a vagina, it is a girl. If it has both, it is hermaphrodite (right)?

After that the kid can choose what hesheit wants to be called...

Easy.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
When it is born, If it has a penis, it is a boy, if it has a vagina, it is a girl. If it has both, it is hermaphrodite (right)?

After that the kid can choose what hesheit wants to be called...

Easy.
That is mixing up the biological facts with a person's preferences...

I agree with them choosing what they want to identify as , but gender,age & race are unchanging..

If I want to be 20 years younger than I am, I can hang out with younger people,
act like a younger person, tell people that I am younger, dress like a
younger person & declare all day long that I am 20 years younger..

But my actual age never changes...

Old 07-30-2015, 12:10 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Good, that's a sign of progress. Thank goodness we no longer live in the cookie-cutter, apple pie, hypocritical America of the 1950s.
Yeah, thank goodness we've "progressed" to the point where children are confused as to what sex they are, and are so insecure that they have to spend 10s of 1000s of dollars trying to convert their bodies to be something theyre not. I guess your vision of "apple pie" was man and woman only marriages? I assume so, as thats what youre leaning towards. If I could, I would LOVE to live in the 50's. Men loved women, women loved men, and those that didnt kept quiet and didnt shove their crap down our throats. I couldve flipped on the TV and seen TV shows that were wholesome, w/o worrying about seeing drug abuse, gay sex scenes, murders, and some guy prancing around with a phony lisp, all limp-wristed acting like he's gay. I could leave my keys in the car w/o fear of it being stolen. I could leave my house unlocked at night w/o fear of an intruder breaking into my house, and sueing ME if he hurt himself during the robbery. I could turn on the radio and not hear some nonsensical POS rap "song" berating women while being worshipped as a status symbol. I could not worry about diseases like AIDS being spread by rampant drug usage and people having sex with monkeys.

I would say, sir, that your idea of "progress" is quite nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events