Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:52 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,069 times

Advertisements

It has no effect on anybody but those filling out the application. So why do you care so much? Are you so scared that there are people out there that don't fit your narrow, out-dated "gender" views that you have to rail about it on the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:02 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
It has no effect on anybody but those filling out the application. So why do you care so much? Are you so scared that there are people out there that don't fit your narrow, out-dated "gender" views that you have to rail about it on the internet?
People are addicted to bitching about things that have no effect on them whatsoever. It's the new national pastime.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:38 PM

381 posts, read 277,509 times
Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users - ABC News

WTF.What the heck are non binary,neutrois,intersex.I feel like i'm in a star trek movie."to seek out new life and new civilisations".The lunatics are truly running the asylum.Let me out.....................

Old 07-29-2015, 01:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
When I was growing up, there were two: "male" and "female." I never knew anyone who had a problem with this approach.
That's it right there. There was a problem with it, you just didn't know it, because things like that weren't talked about. They were white-washed away.

Remembering the way you thought it was doesn't make you erudite, it just means you were ignorant. Wanting to go back to that means you're rigid and close-minded.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,070 times
This could all be fixed by modifying all gender related questions on applicable forms. It's really quite easy:

Were you born with:
A) a penis
B) a vagina

Pretty much sums it up. Don't know why all these bleeding heart idiot sympathizers needs to convolute matters so much.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
That's it right there. There was a problem with it, you just didn't know it, because things like that weren't talked about. They were white-washed away.

Remembering the way you thought it was doesn't make you erudite, it just means you were ignorant. Wanting to go back to that means you're rigid and close-minded.
No, actually what it comes down to is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Generations of individuals who went through their lives as either male or female were not 'ignorant.' There are too many today who simply want to create problems where there never were any.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
There are too many today who simply want to create problems where there never were any.
I'm sorry you feel such cognitive dissonance over progress that you can't control. The problems have always existed. We're learning how to address them now. We're not going back to the 1950s.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
This could all be fixed by modifying all gender related questions on applicable forms. It's really quite easy:

Were you born with:
A) a penis
B) a vagina

Pretty much sums it up. Don't know why all these bleeding heart idiot sympathizers needs to convolute matters so much.

Apparently the school is after additional information, however, so they would have to add:

And what do you have now?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:08 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm sorry you feel such cognitive dissonance over progress that you can't control. The problems have always existed. We're learning how to address them now. We're not going back to the 1950s.
Sounds like you spent a little too much time in the self-help books- try the English language.
I don't waste time on individuals who are "all about" using vocabulary to manipulate others.

Oh, and I don't really care what other people 'choose,' but fact is fact and has always been.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you spent a little too much time in the self-help books- try the English language.
I don't waste time on individuals who are "all about" using vocabulary to manipulate others.

Oohh, big words! Typing "cognitive dissonance" is now manipulation.

Here's a Wikipedia entry for you: Cognitive Dissonance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events