Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Please feel to enlighten me on actual information to counter my statement. Because you used a lot of words to say "you're wrong" but didn't actually present any supporting information.
I don't want to sound too condescending, even though I suspect my reply will come off that way.

My education, both in grade school and college, afforded me a decent knowledge base that took many years. My personal interests in things like presidents, our Founding Father's, the Constitution and it's original intent, led me to spend countless time researching things to further educate myself on these subjects.
Needless to say, while wanting to help others see the light so to speak, I cannot invest the time needed for someone to see that light. This is especially true of someone who sounds like they are already predisposed to be hostile to the very notion of the FF's original meaning of how our Constitutional Republic should be run.

Hence the reason I specifically suggested you educate yourself further by reading the Federalist Papers.
You might find that it is more educational and interesting than you might initially surmise.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 02:49 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
My education, both in grade school and college, afforded me a decent knowledge base that took many years.
Didn't help you with correct usage of apostrophes though, did it?
Quote:
...our Founding Father's, the Constitution and it's original intent...

Old 07-29-2015, 02:57 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
I don't want to sound too condescending, even though I suspect my reply will come off that way.

My education, both in grade school and college, afforded me a decent knowledge base that took many years. My personal interests in things like presidents, our Founding Father's, the Constitution and it's original intent, led me to spend countless time researching things to further educate myself on these subjects.
Needless to say, while wanting to help others see the light so to speak, I cannot invest the time needed for someone to see that light. This is especially true of someone who sounds like they are already predisposed to be hostile to the very notion of the FF's original meaning of how our Constitutional Republic should be run.

Hence the reason I specifically suggested you educate yourself further by reading the Federalist Papers.
You might find that it is more educational and interesting than you might initially surmise.

`
And you still haven't said anything of substance that negates my earlier statement. Okay.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
People are addicted to bitching about things that have no effect on them whatsoever.
Wow, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
It is cause and effect.

Don't think for a millisecond that their are not reasons behind such things. Many time the biggest problems results from the sheep just accepting that the road was being built with the best of intentions.

Criminal illegal aliens flocking to "sanctuary cities" and the resulting problems for example.
Of course by the time the problems arise, it is too late to close Pandora's Box. Even if Frisco stopped their madness today, it would do Kate Steinle no good. Nor would it do any good for Jamiel Andre Shaw II or Joshua Wilkerson who were both killed by so called "Dreamers" under Obama's DACA. These are two of many innocent Americans in our country who are murdered in anonymity to the general public. But these are American citizens being killed under the liberal guise of doing something with the best intentions.

Father tells Congress: My Son 'Was Murdered By a DREAMer' | National Review Online

Mother of Son Murdered by Illegal Alien Slams Sanctuary Cities

On a related side note, you do realize that many crimes are committed in this country by illegal aliens right?
So despite what La Raza and the liberal media would say, gangs like MS-13 came here from El Salvador where they grew up in hit squads and paramilitaries. They are so ruthless, the mortal enemies of black gangs of the Crips & Bloods had to band together just to survive. Sure they are bad guys, but they are still American citizens.
Now you might say, who cares about brown gangbangers killing black gangbangers, but their crime and mayhem is not restricted to only attacking each other. Instead they have criminal enterprises spreading across the country. Now why on earth can we as a society not say, lets round up every one of these MS-13 members and take all the illegal ones, and ship them back to El Salvador?

`

Old 07-29-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Didn't help you with correct usage of apostrophes though, did it?
Let me guess, you are of the opposite political persuasion and just wanted to try and get in a little dig on the opposing team?
I'm sure if I looked at all the major grammatical errors of the posts from those on your team, you take the time to do it to them also, right?

`

Old 07-29-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
And you still haven't said anything of substance that negates my earlier statement. Okay.
Absurd post on it's face.

Let's try one more time.

Take the time to educate yourself as I did on this complex and time consuming subject. Trying to cajole me into providing the info to you will not work, and exposes your own lack of interest and/or laziness.

`

Old 07-29-2015, 03:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Ah yes. The Founding Fathers. The same guys who envisioned that all white male landowners should have the right to vote ... AND NO ONE ELSE!

As a mixed race woman who rented for much of my adult life, I'm okay with deviating from their vision.
Looking at the what this country has become they may have been on to something. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:44 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
Why isn't "yes, please" an option when choosing one's secks?

Old 07-29-2015, 03:45 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you are of the opposite political persuasion and just wanted to try and get in a little dig on the opposing team?

I'm sure if I looked at all the major grammatical errors of the posts from those on your team, you take the time to do it to them also, right?
Nope, I just thought you seemed a little high and mighty and wanted to use the winky emoticon. Here's what I wrote on the topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Facebook has 58: Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users

I support gender fluidity. The idea that there are two genders and nobody does or should fall outside of that narrow conception and the idea that no one could genuinely self-identify as another gender are ones that will be dying off with the old people who still think them.

And yet, I'm also in partial agreement that maybe it's a question that doesn't even need to be asked, at least at the admissions application level.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:46 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Either you are born with a dyck or a vag. Some rare cases both. It's really pretty simple...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events