Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 10:08 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times

Advertisements

When I go to the VA Hospital for an appointment there is enough time for me to have my breakfast in the cafeteria.

I order my eggs or pancakes etc in Spanish since the Hispanic woman can understand me better even tho she does speak/understands English via working there.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

So in your opinion, you don't see a problem with what this woman did? And how it's offensive? And immature? And doesn't help or change anything?

If you're frustrated with something, it's okay to publicly berate someone who doesn't have anything to do with your frustrations, but just so happens to look like the people you have a problem with? Yeah, that makes sense.

Classy.
ONCE AGAIN, it's my opinion on WHY SHE DID IT. I would not personally yell at someone for speaking another language but I gave a reason for why I think SHE did.

Geez.

READ people. It helps. Understand context.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
When I go to the VA Hospital for an appointment there is enough time for me to have my breakfast in the cafeteria.

I order my eggs or pancakes etc in Spanish since the Hispanic woman can understand me better even tho she does speak/understands English via working there.

What about that McDonalds in Rosarito, Steve?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:20 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
ONCE AGAIN, it's my opinion on WHY SHE DID IT. I would not personally yell at someone for speaking another language but I gave a reason for why I think SHE did.

Geez.

READ people. It helps. Understand context.

There was NO reason to do this. No justification. No basis. No rationale. No excuse.

READ that.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
There was NO reason to do this. No justification. No basis. No rationale. No excuse.

READ that.
Maybe to YOU. She clearly had a reason, because she did it.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Maybe to YOU. She clearly had a reason, because she did it.
She had a reason to go up to random people, who she doesn't know, never seen before and will probably never see again, and berate and embarrass in public because of an issue she that has nothing to do with the person she was verbally attacking? Me thinks she wouldn't do this to a person speaking French.

And yeah, to me. People who, you know, have class, common sense, tact, decency, discernment, manners and weren't raised in a barn.

I'll say this, her little rant did a lot of good for Illegal Immigration. Yup.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
She had a reason to go up to random people, who she doesn't know, never seen before and will probably never see again, and berate and embarrass in public because of an issue she that has nothing to do with the person she was verbally attacking? Me thinks she wouldn't do this to a person speaking French.

And yeah, to me. People who, you know, have class, common sense, tact, decency, discernment, manners and weren't raised in a barn.

I'll say this, her little rant did a lot of good for illegal immigration. Yup.
Yeah. She had a reason. She was obviously angry, frustrated, insulted, or tired about something she saw or heard. I can't think of any other reason someone would snap like that except out of anger or a similar emotion. Like it or not, agree with it or not, in her mind she had a reason for doing what she did. People don't just do things like that for no reason. Do you ever yell at or snap at anyone for no reason? I know I don't. I have a reason, whether it's right or wrong.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:35 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,053 times
why did nobody jump in though? it was kind of a loud disturbance between everyone involved? you would think a manager would have come over and broke it up? where was everyone?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Yeah. She had a reason. She was obviously angry, frustrated, insulted, or tired about something she saw or heard. I can't think of any other reason someone would snap like that except out of anger or a similar emotion. Like it or not, agree with it or not, in her mind she had a reason for doing what she did. People don't just do things like that for no reason. Do you ever yell at or snap at anyone for no reason? I know I don't. I have a reason, whether it's right or wrong.
Well, be wrong then.

You'll just give the person you have reason to snap on a reason to "respond" however they see fit.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:53 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:

You aren't a mind reader. Lol. Your post only speaks of your thought process. The old cauasian woman behaved very poorly period, for some reason you feel the need to defend her poor behavior. Do you think that her behavior was acceptable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events