Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 01:57 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Facts trump excessive punctuation every time.
Facts by the CDC, Big Pharms, and the AMA who all have a financial gain in all this? That is like asking the fox how he can help keep chicken safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 02:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The government won't have anything to do with it if the individual states make vaccinations mandatory for school age children first.

The last three words in your sentence says it all. "School age children first". That says to me than you want mandatory vaccinations on the entire American population. That is the day we become Nazi Germany. I have my own "final solution" if that day ever comes to medical tyranny. I am old without young children, or anything to loose.

The other states are NOT passing the vaccination laws like the La La's in California. Look it up. That is why California's crazy Senators, like Boxer, are trying to pass Federal laws. Yeah, right. Sure, Republican Controlled Congress is going to pass legislation for something that Barbara Boxer proposes.

BTW, YOU shoot yourself up the wahzoo with 300 vaccinations to protect poor, at risk. weakened immunity. elderly ME since you are so concerned. I think I will pass and hide your herd of sheep.
All 50 states have required immunizations for school attendance.

Can you tell us what federal law(s) are being proposed? Which are before the house/senate right now? Who introduced them?

Old 10-02-2015, 06:02 AM

[url]https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/486[/url

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2232/text

Both of these eliminate all exemptions except medical. Both have not gotten out of committee to date.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:30 AM

Since the links are disabled, please tell me who these apply to. Is it the military?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Facts by the CDC, Big Pharms, and the AMA who all have a financial gain in all this? That is like asking the fox how he can help keep chicken safe.
Where do you get your facts? And from where do they get their facts?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:29 AM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Since the links are disabled, please tell me who these apply to. Is it the military?
"To amend the Public Health Service Act to condition receipt by States (and political subdivisions and public entities of States) of preventive health services grants on the establishment of a State requirement for students in public elementary and secondary schools to be vaccinated in accordance with the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, and for other purposes."

Sounds good to me!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:53 AM

^^Me, too!

Old 10-03-2015, 12:42 AM

7,026 posts, read 4,903,157 times
Quote:

The last three words in your sentence says it all. "School age children first". That says to me than you want mandatory vaccinations on the entire American population. That is the day we become Nazi Germany. I have my own "final solution" if that day ever comes to medical tyranny. I am old without young children, or anything to loose.

The other states are NOT passing the vaccination laws like the La La's in California. Look it up. That is why California's crazy Senators, like Boxer, are trying to pass Federal laws. Yeah, right. Sure, Republican Controlled Congress is going to pass legislation for something that Barbara Boxer proposes.

BTW, YOU shoot yourself up the wahzoo with 300 vaccinations to protect poor, at risk. weakened immunity. elderly ME since you are so concerned. I think I will pass and hide your herd of sheep.
So according to you, maybe we shouldn't have housing codes then. Or have an organization to keep our food and water healthy. It's about health, mine AND yours, whether you like it or not. I get that you're old and could give a fig about anyone else. However, I do care a little more about other people than you do. Doesn't matter to me whether something affects me directly or not. I am not an "I got mine, too bad for you" type of person.

But since you are getting older, you might want to reconsider that flu vaccination. You're getting to the age where people die from the pneumonia that the flu can cause.

BY the way, the other state that already had mandatory vaccination laws for school children, before California even? Mississippi. So I guess Republicans like mandatory vaccinations as much as anyone.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:46 AM

What did the government do in 1976 for that Flu Pandemic? Started pushing vaccinations on TV showing President Ford on TV getting his Flu Shot? You mean that? Geesch, they certainly weren't setting up Flu Shot tables in Supermarkets and Pharmacies like today. They certainly weren't pushing that flu shot at the Pharmaceutical Corporation where I worked in NYC in 1976.

So, whooping cough will be eradicated by requiring children in public school to be vaccinated? Then why did that Miami Congressman, who was vaccinated in childhood, get whooping cough? We all know the answer to that one. It is because that Pertussis vaccination in childhood does not last a lifetime. "Start with mandating children "FIRST". I can read between the lines of that statement. Get the children first, and then go after the adults (like Miami Congressman) to get their BOOSTERS for the waning immunity of their childhood vaccinations.

All of you want MANDATORY vaccinations for every man, woman, and child in this country. "Be a good sport and roll up your sleeves". If coaxing and coercion doesn't work, then legislate it, as with children.

Rodentraiser, it is none of your business when or from what elderly me dies of.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:30 PM

7,026 posts, read 4,903,157 times
Quote:
What did the government do in 1976 for that Flu Pandemic? Started pushing vaccinations on TV showing President Ford on TV getting his Flu Shot? You mean that? Geesch, they certainly weren't setting up Flu Shot tables in Supermarkets and Pharmacies like today. They certainly weren't pushing that flu shot at the Pharmaceutical Corporation where I worked in NYC in 1976.
Ford got pushed into that one and it was a decision he shouldn't have made based on what info there was. But that's hindsight. Since the original 1918 flu started in Kansas among WWI training recruits and then spread round the globe, killing millions, I imagine Ford didn't want to take a chance.

And believe it or not, people aren't all as wealthy as you. Some of them are very glad they don't have to wait weeks and pay for an office visit to their doctor when they can just walk into a pharmacy and get their shot.

Quote:

So, whooping cough will be eradicated by requiring children in public school to be vaccinated? Then why did that Miami Congressman, who was vaccinated in childhood, get whooping cough? We all know the answer to that one. It is because that Pertussis vaccination in childhood does not last a lifetime. "Start with mandating children "FIRST". I can read between the lines of that statement. Get the children first, and then go after the adults (like Miami Congressman) to get their BOOSTERS for the waning immunity of their childhood vaccinations.

All of you want MANDATORY vaccinations for every man, woman, and child in this country. "Be a good sport and roll up your sleeves". If coaxing and coercion doesn't work, then legislate it, as with children.
There you go again. If a vaccine isn't 100% effective 100% of the time, you think it's a failure. Did you expect your kids to be perfect all the time, too? Or did you throw them out when they forgot their homework or were late to dinner?

Yes, we all know vaccines don't last a lifetime. No one has forgotten that since the last 20 times you told us. That's why, if you are an intelligent adult, you will get your boosters. Can I help it if the congressman isn't smart enough or responsible enough to get his boosters? Too bad there's not a vaccine for that.

And you've got it backwards. Vaccinate the children first for their safety and then teach them to be responsible adults who will get their boosters and get their own children vaccinated. And why wouldn't whooping cough be almost eradicated in the US by vaccines? Measles was, in 2000. And we didn't have these explosive mini whooping cough epidemics until anti-vaxxers started pedaling their junk science.
Quote:
Rodentraiser, it is none of your business when or from what elderly me dies of.
No, it's not, and honestly, I really don't care. It's just that before you die, you'll be taking up valuable hospital space and the time of a doctor who could be helping someone else who doesn't want to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events