Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times

Advertisements

It's hilarious to see how black people expect to be treated fairly and without discrimination, yet deny the same right to another minority, because "they are different"... Even in the 50s, black people were considered (in USA) very different than white people, and were considered (wrongly, of course) mentally inferior to whites.

Same goes to all other minorities, btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 08:40 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

I sympathize with her,

What do you think?

I think your comment is part of the problem. This is a man, not a woman, so you and everyone else should be calling a spade a spade.
If can call myself a donkey, but it does not make me one, nor would most sane rational people call me one either.
Yet just because a biological man wants to be dress like a woman and be called one, does not make it reality.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What right do you have to impose your morals and fears on society and minorities? What they want is more important because they want to better their lives and you want to make their lives worse. There is no harm in what they want but what you want is harm.
The majority of white Americans supported segregation but segregation was ended because it's morally reprehensible. The majority doesn't have special privileges to impose their agenda on everyone else.

Who cares? Why are all of you so dedicated to saving dictionary makers a few minutes of work? We can't "redefine" words because... why? Societies evolve. We should halt progress because words are somehow immutable?

Oh no! Woe is you! How could the world do this to you?! If people keep this up, we'll all... what? Fly into the sky and get sucked into space? Seriously, what the **** will happen?

I really don't care about your frustrations or the excuses you come up with. Bigots always have excuses. Blacks rape white women. Jews steal our money. Hispanics steal our jobs. Etc.
This is not at all like segregation. Segregation based on race was reprehensible. But that has NOTHING to do with the biological fact that a man cannot become a woman. Yet you think by crying "bigot" and being sarcastic and rude, you can somehow bully people into accepting that falsehood. You simply cannot change biological facts. Again, it is ridiculous that we are even having this discussion. You might as well be trying to convince the world that 3+3=7. IT DOESN'T. Unless you want to completely throw out the definition of numbers or plus signs.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:50 PM

233 posts, read 250,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I think your comment is part of the problem. This is a man, not a woman, so you and everyone else should be calling a spade a spade.
If can call myself a donkey, but it does not make me one, nor would most sane rational people call me one either.
Yet just because a biological man wants to be dress like a woman and be called one, does not make it reality.
Anybody that thinks a person is a female simply because they say they are....is as gender-confused as the subject in question.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic not other posters

Old 09-24-2015, 06:11 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
Typical. A confused person trying to create a new gender altogether in the system. You are a man or a woman, plain and simple.
He (Potawsky) is at fault here.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I cant believe people are actually defending the he/she. This person took a simple situation and made it difficult for him/her self. What was so hard? If you're claiming to be a woman we will process you as a women but will have to further screen you as there is a bulge in your crotch area. If you're claiming to be a man then just say so and we will process you as a man. It's not that difficult

Old 09-24-2015, 06:58 AM

422 posts, read 412,471 times
wtf is "gender identity"?

you either got a schlong or not...

Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
It's hilarious to see how black people expect to be treated fairly and without discrimination, yet deny the same right to another minority, because "they are different"... Even in the 50s, black people were considered (in USA) very different than white people, and were considered (wrongly, of course) mentally inferior to whites.

Same goes to all other minorities, btw
I never said transgenders shouldn't get treated better-yes I find it strange but I believe in acceptance. The only thing I take issue with is constantly being compared to other minority groups that don't have the same experiences as I do. Why do people bring up blacks to talk about gender identity? Yes transgender are minorities too and yes they should be treated as human beings. I never said otherwise-just stop lumping us altogether. I have no clue what it's like to be a transgender and have their experiences-I am happy being a woman and being black and I would never change myself nor do I even know what it's like to feel like I should have been someone else or to want to be called someone else or walk around in makeup acting as if I'm white. My race is what I was born as and I cannot change it-I don't want to, I'm also not asking others to talk to me or act as if I'm another race. Still I understand wanting to be treated like a human being. And that is a universal feeling-we all can identify with being treated wrongly and wanting to be accepted and treated better. Yet we have not all had the same experiences nor are we all treated a certain way for the same reasons.

I just get tired of people using blacks and the things done to us to say "see it's the same thing"... It isn't.

Now as I mentioned earlier I feel for transgenders and have not advocated to discriminate against them but that does not mean that I feel like my skin and the treatment I've experienced and that my ancestors experienced makes the issues identical. They are not. That is all I'm saying.

Some blacks are transgendered, some do not like it, some do not care, some are advocates.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What I take is that you don't understand transgenderism.
Nope I understand, what I take is that you don't understand that every group doesn't have the same experiences. You see similarities yet you are not black or transgender. lol... As if what you see holds any merit to actual experience being in either group and having the experiences faced by those within the group.

I can see that with you it's like going in circles because you refuse to understand that every minority group has different plights.

It always baffles me when people try to tell someone what it's like when they are not the group being talked about.

The only thing me and you will agree on is that all individuals in this country should be treated with respect and as human beings.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:33 AM

8,067 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I cant believe people are actually defending the he/she. This person took a simple situation and made it difficult for him/her self. What was so hard? If you're claiming to be a woman we will process you as a women but will have to further screen you as there is a bulge in your crotch area. If you're claiming to be a man then just say so and we will process you as a man. It's not that difficult
Really. The individual was given the option of going back and being rescreened which would have taken all of ten seconds. The individual refused. The individual was given the option of a physical screening by EITHER a male or Female TSA agent but didn't like that idea either. Just what did this individual want to happen? The TSA did not delay this individual; mental illness did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events