Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 12:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
First you make an absolute statement, then you try to cage it to within this society. I think you are wrong both times but certainly it happens more outside of this society, since this society only makes up a small percentage of the world.
The absolute statement was made with the idea that I was talking about America. I had no other country or society in mind when I made that statement. It is an absolute statement and I stand by what I said.

Whether it happens more or less outside of this society is a different conversation altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
In my defense, I was talking about the United States.
Here is the post:

Quote:
You need institutionalized racism and discrimination in order to have institutionalized outrage, at least in the way you are turning the discussion. By definition, that can not happen when victims are white.
Clearly it says nothing about any country. As a matter of fact it states BY DEFINITION. Do you have a source for the definition that supports this?

When you are attempting to talk down to people you should at least be correct.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I will keep pointing it out. You tried to talk down to us and got caught in your lie. You have exposed yourself.
I didn't lie???

I didn't talk down to anyone. I made a statement you obviously took offense to and disagree with. Cool. But I didn't lie and I certainly didn't talk down to anyone.

Exposed myself?? Again, completely baffled by what you are trying to say here.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I didn't lie???

I didn't talk down to anyone. I made a statement you obviously took offense to and disagree with. Cool. But I didn't lie and I certainly didn't talk down to anyone.

Exposed myself?? Again, completely baffled by what you are trying to say here.
Quote:
You need institutionalized racism and discrimination in order to have institutionalized outrage, at least in the way you are turning the discussion. By definition, that can not happen when victims are white.
OK, than you will have no problem sourcing this definition. Thank you.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Here is the post:

Clearly it says nothing about any country. As a matter of fact it states BY DEFINITION. Do you have a source for the definition that supports this?

When you are attempting to talk down to people you should at least be correct.
I know what I said.

Again, I am not talking down to anyone just because you disagree with me. I linked to several articles a few posts up regarding institutional racism.

I know under what premise I made my statement. If you reject my clarification, then this whole conversation is a waste of time, really. I don't think its particularly agreeable to jump all over someone after they've clarified what they meant. You accuse me of talking down to you? I accuse you of being rather unforgiving and harsh along with obstinate.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
OK, than you will have no problem sourcing this definition. Thank you.
I don't know if you will accept this link or not, sir, but this site does a good job of explaining where I am coming from. There are also numerous books on American history that will attest to what I've said. Let me know if you are interested, I'll give you a list.

Tim Wise » F.A.Q.s

Old 11-30-2015, 12:14 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Let us not forget this armed lowlife was also whacked out on a dangerous street drug that has a storied reputation for causing unreasonable, violent and psychotic behaviour in those who use it.

Just once I'd like to see the black community come up with some martyr that doesn't have an extended criminal history for violent behaviour, gang activity and/or drug abuse.
^ this, at least it would be believable and the "outrage" real.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I know what I said.

Again, I am not talking down to anyone just because you disagree with me. I linked to several articles a few posts up regarding institutional racism.

I know under what premise I made my statement. If you reject my clarification, then this whole conversation is a waste of time, really. I don't think its particularly agreeable to jump all over someone after they've clarified what they meant. You accuse me of talking down to you? I accuse you of being rather unforgiving and harsh along with obstinate.
See, you may think I am nitpicking but in these days of political correctness this is how people identify racists. Not the major "How many Pollacks does it take to screw in a light bulb" or "A Jew, a pygmy and a lawyer are on a raft". People have gotten very slick in their racism. Also many racists do not even think they are racist and use statistics and articles in the main stream media to support their beliefs.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
See, you may think I am nitpicking but in these days of political correctness this is how people identify racists. Not the major "How many Pollacks does it take to screw in a light bulb" or "A Jew, a pygmy and a lawyer are on a raft". People have gotten very slick in their racism. Also many racists do not even think they are racist and use statistics and articles in the main stream media to support their beliefs.
Okay I give up.

Think I'm a racist, ignore facts and years of scientific study because you don't like what I said. Refuse to use the critical thinking skills you were blessed with in favor of a knee jerk reaction even after I provided more information to explain what I meant.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:19 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
If you don't adulterate statistics, numbers show what they show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events