Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 02:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
If you don't care then stop voicing an opinion as if you cared.
Amen. Amazing how people "don't care" so much, they post dozens of time in that thread.

Last edited by ATG5; 12-01-2015 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 02:03 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The Holocaust was not about race. It was about religion (Judaism and Jehovah's Witnesses), sexual orientation (homosexuality), ability (mentally and physically disabled), ethnicity (Romanis, Poles, Soviets) and political ties (communists).

So Hitler blamed the Jews for the failed economy of his Country, but on a "Religious" level? So how does that work. Did he pick out "All" Jewish folks, or just those that practiced the Jewish Religion? Seems to me, if it was "Religion" as you claim, he would have spared the children, wouldn't he? WE know that did not happen. So explain to me how you learned that it was not the Race he was after.

If Hitler thought other "Races" where also inferior and killed and persecuted them, it was all for "Religion?" That's strange. My Father was in a German POW Camp, for 4 years, and no one tried to exterminate the Poles or the Russians. There where many in the same Camp, all treated the same. No doubt that there where different Religions too.

Was the ""Prison Camp" you where in different?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:07 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That "Guy" was me. If they are playing in Traffic, they should be ran over. Call it education for wanna be Thug Protesters.

Hypocrite? Been called worse, but never a supporter of "Thugs."

By the way, the Head Man of the NAACP was on the News, and said that what BLM is doing is wrong, and not helping the cause. He said they had no right to interfere with some one else's event, and try to take it over. When asked about the Protester being attacked, he said it was bound to happen, and it was their own fault. Hilarious. They have your support, but don't have the support of their own biggest Advocacy group. What does that tell you, when Black people don't even them.
Hey, don't try to back-peddle now from your thuggish threat.

Maybe that was too harsh of me to say, because we all know what would happen (or not happen) if you had the opportunity to wish that ill upon them, to their face.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually in an ideal world, we the white citizens would be arm in arm with BLM protesting corrupt police departments. We are all Americans, why is it all only on them?

Some of us, the Citizens, don't go arm and arm with Thugs, against other Citizens exercising their rights. When the Leader of the NAACP denounces their actions and tactics on World wide Television, its a clear indication that even Black people don't support them. He said they are wrong and they are not helping the cause, but are hurting the Civil Rights Movement. He also said no one has the right to interfere with another's event, and try to take it over for their own cause.

If he feels that way, what in the World would make you think we would walk with them, arm in arm, in "Any" kind of World?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:18 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
That's a lot of words just to say those groups are being hypocrites, because you didn't answer any of my questions.

So you admit those groups are just being contrarian to BLM? They serve no real purpose or function, but just a way for people to say, "Hey, ALL ____ lives matter*"

*Well, they matter if you're killed by a black person in the name of BLM, like Sheriff Goforth. But other than that, we don't really care."

You do realize the hypocrisy, right? I hear, "BLM doesn't care about black on black crime", but I where was the #alllivesmatter crowd when some guy here in Texas murdered those people at a campsite? Where were the GoFund me pages and public memorials for the cops in my example, the cop in IL who was killed by two white men, the sheriff in LA that was shot by a white man, etc? I haven't seen one #allcopsmatter post in either of the Current Events thread about the PP Clinic shooting.

You're really desperate, because you're bringing up Michael Brown, which is completely irrelevant to what I asked. What does Michael Brown have to do with white cops being slain by non-blacks being ignored or not nearly as talked about? Oh, FYI, BLM has been around long before Michael Brown. But, the media led you to believe that isn't the case, which is good enough for you.

This all comes back to the lack of information and lack of research people do, and just rely on the media to tell them how to think. Anyone who still believes BLM only cares about black people and hates any other race is just being intentionally obtuse, there's no other way around it. If that were the case, then why do so many non-blacks participate in the cause? Breast Cancer gets the most adverting and press, the NFL has Breast Cancer Awareness Month, does that mean other forms of cancer don't matter?

TL;DR: #Alllivesmatter and #allcopsmatter are doing the exact same thing people complain that BLM does.
So much ranting, so little substance. I did answer your question, because I don't think All Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter are actual movements in the way that BLM is. I think they're defiant responses to the purpose of BLM. It doesn't mean I support them or claim to be part of them, I'm just explaining what I think they are. I've seen people holding up "All Lives Matter" signs but usually as a protest protesting the ideas of BLM itself. I don't think BLM and ALM and Blue Lives Matter started for the same reasons. BLM started first then people got pissed off and "created" ALM and Blue Lives Matter in response. They weren't created with the goal of protesting anything, just a new social movement mostly used on social media in response to the notion that "black lives matter." The response is simple - no, ALL lives matter. And while we're at it, so do cop lives because it sure as hell isn't easy being a cop and facing the dangers most cops face every day and having to make split second decisions, like shooting criminal teens who they deem a threat. It's not just about the black victims. If police brutality is a problem, then it's a problem for EVERYONE. If citizens' lives matter, then so do the cops', when cops are killed by citizens regularly, as well. That's the point of those movements, I think. The point is that every life matters so if we're going to protest anything and want change, how about that change comes for everyone? BLM was born out of anger at the shooting deaths of mostly criminals, the other two came out of a reaction BLM itself. They're not the same type of movements. ALM wasn't created with the intent to go protest anything, it was created out of BLM and its intents.

I'm bringing up Michael Brown because his death essentially created the BLM movement. The first round of protests (and looting) began after that all went down. He was the first person they chose to publicly use as a symbol of their movement. And I think he was a poor choice. I think there were far better choices. I mentioned this at all because that is the start of why I dislike BLM to begin with - I don't think the people they use for their movement are worth it. Michael Brown and Eric Garner were known criminals who were shot because they committed crimes and defied direct orders. Instantly, I didn't support BLM because of who they choose to represent their group. There are non-criminals they can pick who were unjustly shot to death. I liked them eve less when I saw them decide to block highways and stop people from going about their daily lives. They probably made people late for work, late to pick up their kids at school or practice, late for doctor's appointments, late for their flights, late for meetings. And what purpose does all that serve? I don't see one.

Quote:
And the SECOND another guy takes a gun and shoots up a mall/theater/church/school you better be in that thread saying I don't care what the message of the NRA or gun owners in this country say, all guns need to be taken away from them.

Same with Planned Parenthood protesters, since a guy shot up a PP Clinic because he didn't agree with abortion.

And I'll be waiting. Anything less, and you're just being a hypocrite.

I've accepted that you just needed any out in order to not care about BLM. You pretty much just confessed to that with the bold part. Pretty sure I won't lose any sleep over it.
One, this has nothing to do with the NRA and mass shootings. Stop making an unequal point. The NRA is an organization for legal gun owners that supports the Second Amendment right to bear arms. It doesn't support mass shootings or illegal possession of guns. Neither do legal gun owners. There is no connection between legal gun owners and the NRA to mass shootings perpetuated by mentally ill individuals or terrorists. I don't know how this stuff has anything to do with THIS issue, at all, anyway. There is zero connection.

Two, I don't protest anything, really. I'm not going to go out and protest anyone's death, so there goes that line of thinking for you, that for some reason I'm some hypocrite. I'm not a hypocrite. I don't support nor am I part of any of these movements. I just comment on what I observe.

Yeah, I don't support BLM with their tactics and logic. I will support them if they start protesting only the lives of innocents who were killed, not criminals in the process of grabbing a cop's gun or resisting arrest after being told for the 20th time to not sell loose cigarettes in that spot. These are the most known faces of their movement. Why would I support criminals?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Institutionalized racism and genocide, while sometimes related, are different. The Holocaust was not about race. It was about religion (Judaism and Jehovah's Witnesses), sexual orientation (homosexuality), ability (mentally and physically disabled), ethnicity (Romanis, Poles, Soviets) and political ties (communists).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So Hitler blamed the Jews for the failed economy of his Country, but on a "Religious" level? So how does that work. Did he pick out "All" Jewish folks, or just those that practiced the Jewish Religion? Seems to me, if it was "Religion" as you claim, he would have spared the children, wouldn't he? WE know that did not happen. So explain to me how you learned that it was not the Race he was after.

If Hitler thought other "Races" where also inferior and killed and persecuted them, it was all for "Religion?" That's strange.
Many Jews actually identify as ethnic Jews and religious ones. One of my best friends growing up was Jewish and when I asked her about her ethnicity, she was like "I'm Jewish." And I said, "Yeah but I'm Italian, Irish, and German-American, what are you?" She didn't even know. All she knew was that she was Jewish. She guessed maybe Russian, but had nothing else to say on her ethnicity other than "Jewish." So to many Jews, the Holocaust was not just about religion but also about trying to wipe out a group of people who identify with a Jewish ethnicity.

Ethnicity and race aren't the same thing, but it's damn close. It's still targeting a group of people simply for who they are and what they are. Hitler wanted to create a "superior race." Even within the Caucasian race, he preferred blonde haired, blue eyed, fair-skinned people (despite being darker himself, just one example of his crazy irony, along with the fact he had Jewish lineage. He must have really hated himself). He targeted darker skinned, haired and eyed whites and preferred lighter ones. If that's not racism, what is?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:26 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Have not read this entire thread, but I do note that whatever one thinks of the Black Friday protests on the Magnificent Mile, they seem to have worked. The Chicago police chief was fired (technically asked to resign) by the mayor this morning. The chief's mishandling of the investigation into the 16-shot killing of that teenager made Chicago residents lose whatever confidence in him they had left, and under those circumstances Rahm was only too happy to throw him under the bus.

He cannot, however, do anything to the DA, who is elected but also has to account for her mishandling of this situation. I understand she is up for election next year. I think she should start looking for a job now 'cause I can't see her voted back into office.

Rahm has some answering to do as well, and I'm eager to see how that turns out.

But for now let the wheels of justice turn while we give thanks for technology: With the advent of cell-phone cameras, dashboard cameras, and the like, there is now often widespread evidence and proof of the mistreatment of black men by police that black people have shouted about for decades-- with those shouts too often falling on deaf ears to the rest of America. It isn't 'playing the race card,' or reveling in being a victim, or any of that crap. The truth is that black lives have never mattered very much, and if it takes high-profile demonstrations on Black Friday to help end that state of affairs I'm all for it.

And for the record, I was in Chicago on Black Friday, on the Mag Mile. And proud to be there.
Yes, yes, congrats. Now that technology is on the move it won't be long until we have cameras on every street corner and black boxes on all cars. I truly can't wait for this because it will also clear a lot of police officers from getting wrongly accused as well. We will have tape of entire events and not just clips from your average Joe. Everyone wins!

Hanging out on street corners selling drugs will be filmed and stopped, car accidents, rape, murders all on film. Of course people will get use to this but it will still help a lot. This is the way it is in Korea and Japan and it's great.

Hopefully the attention will now be focused on how we can make every ones neighborhoods easier and more enjoyable to live and succeed in. And how we can all start getting along and become one UNITED America.

Last edited by PoppySead; 12-01-2015 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM

299 posts, read 187,203 times
Quote:
I've explained this more times than I care to, at this point I've become a broken record.
Not really!

Quote:
So, you're mad at BLM for making it a national story. Are you aware of who controls the media? Who decides what stories get the most press?

Hint: It's not black people. So you and the attorney's complaining about the lack of outrage of Zachary's death isn't the fault or obligation of BLM. You're mad at BLM for something they can't control. Makes sense.
You are quite lacking the skill of reading people. I'm far from mad at anything. Is this your way of retort? Assuming someone must be mad when they point out the obvious.

I haven't complained about anything and the attorney was speaking for the family. I asked a simple question why doesn't BLM do mass protest of white males killed in the same manner as black males and the only retort you can come up with is its not an obligation of BLM.

Quote:
And the bold part is laughable. I mean, wow. Why? #PrayforParis was trending all over this country, and still is, yet #PrayforKenya wasn't nearly as trending. People are more likely to identify with their own race. Common freakin' sense.
Irrelevant to what we are even talking about.

Quote:
Are you really complaining about 250+ people protesting the death of Zachary Hammond? That's not enough?
I asked a simple question where are the BLM protests for white men killed in the same manner by police? You on the other hand post about supporters and try to equal them to BLM movement

Quote:
The organizer of the event, Jack Logan, is a local black activist, and over 250 people participated in the march, many of them black. And of course they weren't chanting "Black Lives Matter", Zachary wasn't black. Isn't that what you wanted? People complain and say "All Lives Matter" towards BLM, then when blacks/BLM say "All Lives Matter", you complain about that.

Group rallies for Zachary Hammond in Seneca

Quotes from blacks at the rally.

I'm tired of doing research for you.
You haven't done any research for me. You are the one making statements so it is up to you to prove it. I asked you a simple question where is the BLM protest for white males?

You said the organizer is part of BLM and so far neither of the links proved that claim. I said nothing about them chanting "Black Lives Matter". I don't give a rat tail if the organizer is black because after all there are many black people against BLM. It only goes to prove my point this march had zero to do with BLM movement as always. Afterall the movement is about police accountability for all right lol. If anything this march would imply it was more a ALL Lives Matter movement

Quote:
Actually, it has everything to do with the topic. What have you done to protest his killing? Or do you want BLM to do it all for you?
Actually it doesn't have anything to do with it. BLM hasn't done any protesting for his killing which is what I posted out successfully.

Quote:
You have a problem because BLM didn't protest "enough" for you liking, so you obviously must be setting the bar by your own efforts.
I pointed out the lack of mass protest by BLM for white victims. I don't bars especially on a dying movement.

Quote:
And what did #alllivesmatter do in protest of this kid's death, since they're the ones that claim no one cares about white lives?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

I am done with this foolishness. That's the only nice way I can put it.
Both groups had people using their hashtag on twitter. I'm still wating for you show the BLM mass protest for him and not that other protest you keep trying to link to BLM

Foolishness indeed

Last edited by GritsCode; 12-01-2015 at 02:44 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Hey, don't try to back-peddle now from your thuggish threat.

Maybe that was too harsh of me to say, because we all know what would happen (or not happen) if you had the opportunity to wish that ill upon them, to their face.

Back peddling? Too harsh? Nah, Meant everything I said. No tolerance for thugs, regardless of their cause.

So your saying they would do what? Beat me up? Imagine that happening. A repeat of the Trump event, would be more likely. They should all have 911 on speed dial if they want to play Thugs. .

Old 12-01-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:

I think some people use the term "sheeple", for someone who can't think for themselves and believes every narrative spoon fed to them by the media.

So, your a member of BLM, then? Your not a "Sheeple" that gets all your BLM information from the Media? Thanks for clearing that up.

Being a Member, I can see why your upset at being called "Thugs." You also have to realize that no one else supports you, except BLM people, because you act like "Thugs" used to act on Union Picket lines. You make innocent people suffer for your cause, like Terrorists do. You folks are a version of Home Grown Terrorists, with the only difference is you don't blow up things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events