Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is jail time excessive for saggin your pants?
Yes 124 75.15%
No 41 24.85%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:17 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,775,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Seems to me that the real issue is being avoided. There is an apparent self-serving attitude these "kids" are showing ... defiance for the sake of defiance. In my youth, along with fighting of saber-toothed tigers, my parents came down hard on that concept. Methinks it was because they had the same attitude in their youthful days. I know that my kids had that attitude and I see it in the Gkids as well.

The solution ... attack the perpetual attitude problem. However, in today's "I'm a victim/PC" world that ain't gonna be happenin'.

What a pity.

El Nox
Poe! Cubed!

Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
but why would anybody would want to go that route

Old 12-14-2015, 07:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Poe! Cubed!

I am at a loss to understand this. If you would be so kind as to explain it to me.

El Nox

Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 PM

672 posts, read 810,632 times
What if they have shorts on under their pants and not boxers? Seems to me that many boxers now are pretty much just like shorts. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be looking that close to tell.

What's with the resource officer staring at the kids butt?

Seriously it looks like crap but no skin is exposed so I'm going to have to agree with

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Judge not least you also be judged.
If you expect freedom of expression and tolerance from others you must also show tolerance and allow other to express themselves freely.
So are we going to start measuring the thickness of all clothes? The rear is covered.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:05 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I am at a loss to understand this. If you would be so kind as to explain it to me.

El Nox
Poe's law is an Internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extreme views will be mistaken by some readers for sincere expressions of the parodied views.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Forums are required by US law to present a prize to the first person who correctly declares a post is an intentional example of Poe's Law.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
This is why the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Because we waste taxdollars on things like this. Reminds me of North Korea, where you are required by law to only have certain haircuts.

EDIT:

As of now, 26.98% of you are no longer allowed to ever **** and moan about high taxes again.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:01 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
this is why the us has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Because we waste taxdollars on things like this. Reminds me of north korea, where you are required by law to only have certain haircuts.

Edit:

As of now, 26.98% of you are no longer allowed to ever **** and moan about high taxes again.
+100

Old 12-15-2015, 06:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Broken windows policing had little if anything to do with the drop in crime in NYC. If the fine people of this community in Tennessee are really this concerned about how kids dress they should adopt school uniforms, they could even use the money they squander on putting people in jail for 'saggy pants' toward buying uniforms for low income kids
Many communities in TN tried the dress code and discussed uniforms but it didn't go over very well. Anyway the school does not pay to put people in jail so they aren't spending or saving any money there.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
hope they sue the pants out of Tenn- yes their pants until the state's wears 'em to the floor- STUPID rules!!!- just a fashion trend-- NOT committing a CRIME__ then when they get bent outta shape and come shooting a breaking stuff - you you wonder why?
Bell Buckle
One may not throw bottles at a tree.
Full text of the law.
Dyersburg
It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
Fayette County
You may not have more than five inoperable vehicles on a piece of property.
Kimball
Bar owners may not let patrons make loud, unusual noises.
Full text of the law.
Knoxville
In front of their buildings, all businesses must have a “hitching post.
Lenior County
When you pull up to a stop sign you must fire a gun out the window to warn horse carriages that you are coming.
Lexington
By law, anyone who has been drinking is “sober” until he or she “cannot hold onto the ground.
It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
No one may eat ice cream on the sidewalk.
Spitting on the sidewalk is prohibited.
Memphis
Illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.
It’s illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.
Panhandlers must first obtain a $10 permit before begging on the streets of downtown Memphis.
About this law.
Full text of the law.
It is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners.
Nashville
Spitting is prohibited on sidewalks.
Full text of the law.
No person may keep a cheetah as a pet.
Full text of the law.
Males may not be sexually aroused in public.
Anyone rollerblading may not tie his or herself to a moving vehicle on a highway.
Full text of the law.
No person may roller skate and listen to a personal cd player at the same time.
Full text of the law.
Throwing stones is prohibited as it might break a window.

you want to bark about Sharia law?? see Tenn=
All states have old ridiculous laws on the books.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post

So are we going to start measuring the thickness of all clothes? The rear is covered.
I dont understand your question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events