Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:19 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,243,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
back story is that Britain First are a bunch of fascist wankers trying ( and failing ) to stir up hatred

The Queen of England is used to bring in tourists and we put her head on our stamps and that's about it, she has many titles but they are just that. Titles. She's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces which means she watches soldiers parade in front of her ever so often, she has no say in what the armed forces actually do

Christianity/religion plays little part in England now - Sunday mornings most people are out walking the dogs, reading the paper, playing footy or down the pub

There's no Sharia Law anywhere in England, there are no no-go zones
Actually, there are quite a number of Muslim Arbitration Tribunals in the UK that border on Sharia courts. And when there are outright Sharia courts Leftist Brits will simply stick their heads in the sand and pretend they aren't a problem or, more likely, concoct a deranged defense of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 12:25 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Actually, there are quite a number of Muslim Arbitration Tribunals in the UK that border on Sharia courts. And when there are outright Sharia courts Leftist Brits will simply stick their heads in the sand and pretend they aren't a problem or, more likely, concoct a deranged defense of them.
Courts not Law - these deal overwhelmingly with matrimonial problems but have no real powers under English law

Jewish law bodies have operated for centuries, offering rulings on many of the same civil disputes now being tackled by the sharia councils

Old 01-26-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Are you implying that Britian First is "fascist"? If so, why?

Old 01-26-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Are you implying that Britian First is "fascist"? If so, why?
I think the clue is in the name :roll eyes:

but if it upsets you then I'll settle for bunch of wankers

Old 01-26-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I think the clue is in the name :roll eyes:

but if it upsets you then I'll settle for bunch of wankers
So... because they advocate defending.... mmmmm .... THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND CULTURE that makes them "fascists".

That's a unique redefinition of the word 'fascist'.

2 + 2 = 5

Old 01-26-2016, 12:33 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,290,111 times
Islam is a cult.
There are divorce tribunals even in developed countries that work outside the laws of country.
It's like Amish or Mormon type in the context of staying far away from civilized society except more violent and religiously brainwashed.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:34 PM

5,079 posts, read 2,292,287 times
Quote:
No they don't and if they try they get arrested
I get a broken link message. Huh. For some reason it works when I click the link in the quote box.

So... yes, they do. Glad they get arrested for it.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
So... because they advocate defending.... mmmmm .... THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND CULTURE that makes them "fascists".

That's a unique redefinition of the word 'fascist'.

2 + 2 = 5
fascism - emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism

They're not defending their country or culture, they are a tiny tiny tiny minority that the majority of Brits detest
( putting it in ALL CAPS doesn't make it true )

Old 01-26-2016, 12:47 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,563,190 times
Why are Europeans such pushovers? they go from being genocidal colonizers to WAY over-correcting and being WAY to left pacifists.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:02 PM

191 posts, read 167,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Even "moderate" Muslims have beliefs that would shock people in the Western world.
The ones who the media refer to as 'moderate' are in fact conservative or very conservative Muslims. Any Muslim who is somewhat reasonable (i.e. not a Fundamentalist) is labeled as a 'moderate' Muslim.

There are plenty of moderate Muslims where I live, and their beliefs wouldn't shock anyone in the West. In fact, they are more 'modern' in their mentality than most of the conservative Christians in the US. The problem is that these modern Muslims aren't interested in talking about religion (they are more interested in living their lives than interfering in the lives of others) so they are overlooked.

Quote:
I do think there are a lot of really nice Muslim people, billions in fact. I just wish that the reformation would start already.
I know quite a few Muslims who agree with you. But figuring out how to do it is very, very hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events