Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 01:01 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,572,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I read her letter and I agree with her 100%.

It is highly inappropriate and irresponsible to conduct such exercises on a in-service university campus.

Additionally, whether prior public notice is given and whether it's the middle of the day is totally irrelevant.

This was a horribly bad idea that could have ended with tragic results.

Whoever authorized this, WTF were they thinking??!!
Inappropriate and irresponsible is saying she will repeatedly call 911 every time they show up. The princess/snowflake needs to be jailed every time she is calling 911 for that reason from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 01:09 PM

52,827 posts, read 34,710,167 times
Quote:
I read her letter and I agree with her 100%.

It is highly inappropriate and irresponsible to conduct such exercises on a in-service university campus.
it's nothing of the kind. these same kinds of exercises have been going on for hundreds of years in this country, believe it or not.

Quote:
Additionally, whether prior public notice is given and whether it's the middle of the day is totally irrelevant.
why is it irrelevant?

Quote:
This was a horribly bad idea that could have ended with tragic results.

Whoever authorized this, WTF were they thinking??!!
I guess you need to contact the hundreds of colleges and universities with ROTC programs and tell 'em to shut 'er down

Old 03-25-2016, 05:30 PM

7,798 posts, read 6,424,537 times
Needs a safe place, how about a rubber room?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:08 PM

35,285 posts, read 17,183,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Folks should start open carrying all around her at all times.

But OK, I'll give it to her that ROTC probably shouldn't be conducting armed exercises in camo in the central quad of a school during classes. I'd probably be concerned too. All parties need some common sense. Like do exercises on weekends.
Professors are supposed to be adults, not cowering pre-adolescents.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:58 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,640,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Maybe the professor needs to read her emails.

I went to college. I live near a large college. I know what ROTC cadets look like. They look like soldiers. They are part of the environment, the scenery so to speak, as much as grungy hipsters and professors and the grounds crew and pretty buildings.

She is a loon. What's next, calling 911 on the color guard for the Basketball Game?
Air Force ROTC has been at UND since 1952 -- a whole lot longer than that professor. She needs to get out of her office/classrooms more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events