Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:10 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,660,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
From how involved the car is in the video it has been on fire for some time or the fire spread very quickly. Either way the guy on the road is burned and I am willing to bet he did try to get her out but simply couldn't. Sometimes you just have to walk away and sometimes the instinct for self preservation takes over.

I wouldn't do any knee jerk judging here until the facts are all in.
The woman may have been killed instantly in the crash. We really don't have enough facts without the autopsy results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 08:43 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
So he tried to get her out, couldn't and was getting burnt up in the process, he was obviously in shock, and went to the hospital.

He tried to get her out.

Sad all the way around.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:19 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
He was charged with criminal he criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and speeding.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:17 AM

16,415 posts, read 12,495,187 times
Charged doesn’t mean convicted.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:48 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He was charged with criminal he criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and speeding.
I think the criminally negligent homicide and leaving the scene of an accident charges are ridiculous. More than likely he will be convicted of driving without a license, speeding, and maybe vehicular manslaughter. Though I suspect that his lack of driver's license probably had something to do with his wanting to get away from the scene, I don't think he can be faulted for leaving the scene to go and seek medical treatment.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 10-15-2017 at 07:08 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 06:57 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I get that, I'm just surprised the cab driver just left the scene like that. Then again, maybe he was the one who called 911 and decided to get the driver to the hospital as quickly as possible and not wait for an ambulance.

But if the driver didn't have life or limb threatening injuries (depending on how severe his burns were), he should have stayed and waited for authorities, including an ambulance for himself, especially considering he was at fault for the accident.
Why? That's the cab drivers job, to take people where they need to go. Many people take taxicabs to hospitals, all the time. There is nothing unusual about that.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Charged doesn’t mean convicted.
No, but it could be motivation to get out before police arrive.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:29 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No big deal, he is an Arab and they classify women as second class people.
Where in the article does it say he is an Arab?

Old 10-15-2017, 02:17 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I think the criminally negligent homicide and leaving the scene of an accident charges are ridiculous. More than likely he will be convicted of driving without a license, speeding, and maybe vehicular manslaughter. Though I suspect that his lack of driver's license probably had something to do with his wanting to get away from the scene, I don't think he can be faulted for leaving the scene to go and seek medical treatment.

Well, the homicide charge remains to be tried, but he wasn't exactly dragged kicking and screaming away from his burning car. He clearly did leave the scene of the accident. But a lot of people are seriously in shock after even a minor car crash. Seeing your passenger go up in flames is very likely to underline the shock.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:50 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
He has burns himself, I’m not sure if I could save someone burning while I’m burning
My thought when I read the story. If they were bad enough to go to the hospital for, he was likely in shock and/or excruciating pain (how much pain do you feel when you're in shock? But yeah, I am pretty sure you could hail a cab in shock - I managed to walk the half mile home and even waved at the neighbors after a bad fall even though I was in shock the entire time.). I burn my finger on the stove, and it feels like my world is ending. Not sure how much this guy can be judged, and I'm kind of wondering why the article didn't point this out. It seems like an obvious mitigating circumstance.

Also, I'm wondering if he could even have done anything to help. I watched a car fire once and the whole car was engulfed pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events