Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 09:00 PM

2,262 posts, read 1,148,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
My thought when I read the story. If they were bad enough to go to the hospital for, he was likely in shock and/or excruciating pain (how much pain do you feel when you're in shock? But yeah, I am pretty sure you could hail a cab in shock - I managed to walk the half mile home and even waved at the neighbors after a bad fall even though I was in shock the entire time.). I burn my finger on the stove, and it feels like my world is ending. Not sure how much this guy can be judged, and I'm kind of wondering why the article didn't point this out. It seems like an obvious mitigating circumstance.

Also, I'm wondering if he could even have done anything to help. I watched a car fire once and the whole car was engulfed pretty quickly.
Like another poster said, he might have tried to get her out while the fire was spreading, but if she’s knocked out, or dead, and you’re trying to pull out dead weight from a burning car while you’re burning? Maybe part of her was stuck in the wreckage. The autopsy will tell all. Shock and adrenaline blocks pain for a while, but not much can block the pain of fire. His brother says his phone was in the car burned so he couldn’t call 911 to get an ambulance so that’s why he hailed a cab. And apparently he is very distraught about doing this to his friend, the girl that was in the car so maybe they knew each other well.

I know this much, no one would fault a cop or firefighter for trying to get someone out and having to give up over self preservation. So why would anyone want this guy to burn up trying to save someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 10:01 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,069,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Charged doesn’t mean convicted.
Tell that to Harvey Weinstein.

Anyway.....just saw on news that this guy was NOT her boyfriend.....her boyfriend was not with her and this guy was a supposed "friend". They interviewed the actual boyfriend by telephone and he didn't sound very broken up about it.....he even was making excuses for the guy !!! Something hinky about the whole deal.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:58 AM

16,447 posts, read 12,638,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Tell that to Harvey Weinstein.

Anyway.....just saw on news that this guy was NOT her boyfriend.....her boyfriend was not with her and this guy was a supposed "friend". They interviewed the actual boyfriend by telephone and he didn't sound very broken up about it.....he even was making excuses for the guy !!! Something hinky about the whole deal.
Harvey Weinstein has admitted (by way of spokesperson) to the behaviors he's being accused of.

If the boyfriend isn't condemning him, I'm even more willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Clearly he doesn't believe there was any malicious intent. Not sure why perfect strangers are so willing to string him up.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:38 AM

17,602 posts, read 22,370,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Ted Kennedy did something similar at Chappaquiddick. It didn't hurt his career.
It prevented him from being President......

Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 AM

17,602 posts, read 22,370,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He was charged with criminal he criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and speeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Charged doesn’t mean convicted.

Charged usually means the cops/prosecutor has a case though......

Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Charged usually means the cops/prosecutor has a case though......
Not necessarily.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,055,040 times
I have to wonder if he was in shock. He was just in an accident, and he was injured. I've seen people acting *really* irrationally (like dangerously irrational) in similar situations on several occasions...

Old 10-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I have to wonder if he was in shock. He was just in an accident, and he was injured. I've seen people acting *really* irrationally (like dangerously irrational) in similar situations on several occasions...
We had a case here a few months back where a young woman went missing after she was involved in an accident. It turns out she wandered into the woods and was disoriented. Her body was found a few days later.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:26 PM

744 posts, read 483,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Low life scum, I hope the women's family sues him into poverty.
Same here, but somehow, I doubt he has much above the poverty level anyway.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:33 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,346,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Why? That's the cab drivers job, to take people where they need to go. Many people take taxicabs to hospitals, all the time. There is nothing unusual about that.
You don't find it unusual to leave the scene of an accident while a woman is trapped and burning inside?
Do you think being a cab driver gives him immunity from compassion and common sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events