Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 PM

6,459 posts, read 9,834,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Regarding this baby killer, I am thrilled to know he is dead.
I sleep better knowing he is dead.

Hope the same fate awaits this guy

Father charged with raping, killing infant daughter, Tennessee cops say | Fox News
Great, here we go again lol

Old 11-19-2017, 01:01 AM

7,658 posts, read 4,624,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
While I don't have outrage and I also think the baby murder is a monster, I really would rather live in a civilized society where criminals aren't judge, jury and executioner.
You really want to cede 100% of your power to the government? You really want to force the government to come up with rules of law for every situation? How to protect a guy like this?

I mean...there needs to be due process to make sure this is the dude and he's guilty. No problem. But there are certain punishments people get squeamish on....and they take a very long time to ever get completed and are expensive.

It's well known that the prison system does not go easy on pedophiles or people that kill children. The prisoners can do things we really wouldn't want the government to be openly advocating. These cases are not a same person being judge jury and executioner.....they're just the executioner. The judge and jury have already ruled. Nobody's arguing that this guy didn't do it. He did it. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers and entered into the prison system.

That's the prison system. It's well known that living in the prison system carries with it risks....like living with other criminals. Don't want to find out? Great....don't mess with children.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:58 AM

1,047 posts, read 728,475 times
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Terribly mean... Ok, you are celebrating the death of a murderer at the hands of a rapist because it satisfies your sense of bloodlust. But I'm mean to remind you that it's depraved to do so simply because you weren't thinking?

You do understand that the guy who killed that baby probably "wasn't thinking" when he punched that baby, right?
I said I didn't think it through. Please quote me right. I stand my ground this essentially is a graffiti board and not a thesis we have to turn in. We will all make mistakes or have a knee jerk reaction sometimes.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:42 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,160,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
You really want to cede 100% of your power to the government? You really want to force the government to come up with rules of law for every situation? How to protect a guy like this?

I mean...there needs to be due process to make sure this is the dude and he's guilty. No problem. But there are certain punishments people get squeamish on....and they take a very long time to ever get completed and are expensive.

It's well known that the prison system does not go easy on pedophiles or people that kill children. The prisoners can do things we really wouldn't want the government to be openly advocating. These cases are not a same person being judge jury and executioner.....they're just the executioner. The judge and jury have already ruled. Nobody's arguing that this guy didn't do it. He did it. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers and entered into the prison system.

That's the prison system. It's well known that living in the prison system carries with it risks....like living with other criminals. Don't want to find out? Great....don't mess with children.
Here we go again-- yet another person with the belief that all those convicts are innocent of harming a child themselves and believe in and are outraged at anyone who hurts a woman or child.*** MANY OF THOSE SAME INMATES have committed crimes themselves*** against women / or children... it is not that most of the ones who do that are good guys who are wanting justice-- because **repeat**--- many of them have violated a child or woman in some heinous way themselves.
The inmate who molested a child for example wants to feel like he's so much better and different than inmate x who hurt or killed a child and does that so he can feel like in himself he's not "one of those guys" , also to earn points w other inmates.
And for those who don't realize inmates have been known to have this bad habit or assaulting or killing other inmates over a bag of chips, ramen, thinking thenother inmate gave him a dirty look, took his place in the phone line etc etc

Old 11-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
I'm surprised that the belief still continues that there is a moral "code" among offenders, and those who harm children and women are seen as lower and are typically brutalized in prison.

I don't think that's true.

Former cops, judges, wardens, parole officers, etc., aren't treated well in prison.

And then after that, it's about how weak you look or seem in a men's prison.

I've seen some really awful guys who have tormented women or children rise to the top of the prison social circle because of what they look like and the vibe they put off - they're bad, rough, tough, self-important and you know it.

This baby killer? He's a wormy little guy.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:59 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,160,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm surprised that the belief still continues that there is a moral "code" among offenders, and those who harm children and women are seen as lower and are typically brutalized in prison.

I don't think that's true.

Former cops, judges, wardens, parole officers, etc., aren't treated well in prison.

And then after that, it's about how weak you look or seem in a men's prison.

I've seen some really awful guys who have tormented women or children rise to the top of the prison social circle because of what they look like and the vibe they put off - they're bad, rough, tough, self-important and you know it.

This baby killer? He's a wormy little guy.
Some people get stuck on the fact of who happened to be killed in this particular instance. Like you said prison guards have been brutally assaulted sometimes killed, my brother has spent years inside prisons , most recent San Quentin, for his job meeting with clients who he defends. And one thing that's sometimes wearing on him is that some of his inmate clients who he is there and tries so hard to help will actually turn on him, cuss him out-- he was even threatened physically by the very inmate who he had spent countless hours on his case and had gone in to meet with him. A few yrs before he started there a psychiatrist was killed there by an inmate. A psychiatrist-- who was on that inmates "side" attempting to help him.

A big yes about the inmate who was killed- I hate him too.

A big no on the naive belief that inmates are either the good guys who have a moral code or the bad guys who hurt women or children.
Many inmates have done crimes themselves against a child or woman.
A large block of them do have, not all, but yes a large percentage do have serious personality disorders -- hence the beating or killing of another inmate over ramen or skipping ahead in the phone line. And threatening the very attorney who's there to help him. Or attacking a guard. And even a psychiatrist who is just there to help them have medication and appropriate services.

Morals of inmates largely consist of "what's in it for me?"

Last edited by mondayafternoons; 11-19-2017 at 08:08 AM..

Old 11-19-2017, 08:03 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,028 times
Quote:
Regarding this baby killer, I am thrilled to know he is dead.
I sleep better knowing he is dead.
Really?

Let me think about in which situation I'd sleep better.
A convicted child killer is in prison
or
A bunch of people freely roaming around who condone and celebrate murder and who want gruesome public executions

Old 11-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Really?

or
A bunch of people freely roaming around who condone and celebrate murder and who want gruesome public executions

touche

Old 11-19-2017, 09:07 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Really?

or

Good for you, but for me ...

If I saw someone hurting a child they probably wouldn't make it to prison anyway.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Good for you, but for me ...

If I saw someone hurting a child they probably wouldn't make it to prison anyway.
Well, maybe not, but you probably would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.