Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 05:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
NO ONE ever brings up, how ALL this dope continues to come in and reach its destination...heroin cannot be made 'DIY', like meth, or marijuana.
It’s a myth/ BS that dope is carried by illegals on foot.

Most comes in via the 48 legal border crossings with Mexico, in vehicles, cargo and on people. The USD are smuggled out the same way. There are more than 1 million legal crossing a day, every dat.

Drones and boats are also used for two- way drug/ cash smuggling.

It is not unreasonable to assume a percentage of Customs/ Immigration/ Border Patrol are complicit on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 05:43 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,758,144 times
Quote:
Lots of people believe the pharma industry to be extremely powerful, with all their lobbying dollars.
Far beyond "belief"; I challenge you to find a meaningful contrary opinion.

Quote:
What I was trying to say, if they were THAT powerful and influential...it would still be very easy to go out and get prescription painkillers from doctors and hospitals.
A nonsensical statement, and I think you know it. Power almost never means absolute control, especially not on a nationwide basis in (an eroding but still functional) democracy. The ice-cold greed of pharma does not mean they are ignorant of public response to the rising tide of addiction and death, and it's a cold business decision to get to a safer position that just happens to blunt their profits at the gain of what passes for public trust.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Far beyond "belief"; I challenge you to find a meaningful contrary opinion.

A nonsensical statement, and I think you know it. Power almost never means absolute control, especially not on a nationwide basis in (an eroding but still functional) democracy. The ice-cold greed of pharma does not mean they are ignorant of public response to the rising tide of addiction and death, and it's a cold business decision to get to a safer position that just happens to blunt their profits at the gain of what passes for public trust.
The tobacco industry hasnt suffered much, and cigarettes have killed FAR more people than opioids ever have, plus, there is not a single positive or medical use for tobacco, there are some legitimate uses for opioids.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s a myth/ BS that dope is carried by illegals on foot.

Most comes in via the 48 legal border crossings with Mexico, in vehicles, cargo and on people. The USD are smuggled out the same way. There are more than 1 million legal crossing a day, every dat.

Drones and boats are also used for two- way drug/ cash smuggling.

It is not unreasonable to assume a percentage of Customs/ Immigration/ Border Patrol are complicit on both sides.
I know the bulk of it is not carried in by hand or 'mules'...I just think its very suspicious that they are able to keep virtually every single city in the entire country fully supplied, at all times, from my days of using, there was NEVER a time when dealers were out or even when the supply was low, if LE/border patrol was even somewhat doing their job, there would be shortages, and lulls, when supply is low or completely out.

However I hope you agree with me, on how LE in general only benefits when their area is fully stocked in dope, if their area was low or completely out of dope, that would translate into fewer or no drug arrests during that time (cant arrest people for dealing heroin, when they dont have any to sell).

Old 01-01-2019, 10:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
What about the children the school starts dosing them at 5 6 or 7 years old with Ritalin Vyvanse Adderall ect ? Then at night when they can't sleep cause amphetamines take a wile to clear the give them more pills. "non addictive" downers. Seroquel or that blood pressure pill they are pushing now.

These kids never made the decision to take drugs their whole childhood and never learn to regulate emotion ect without them. Its all they know.

The so called opiate epidemic is mostly the medication generation grown up. They started drugging kids heavy in the 90s the "decade of the brain" and No Child Left Behind (No child Left Undrugged).

That's how meth got big, a whole generation given speed in school has grown up. I did rehab and 12 step most of the young people into drugs started as psych med kids.

Why did I even write "opiate epidemic" most people OD after the drink alcohol and do benzos with the opiates. They multiply each others effects. Fake news won't tell the public those statistics.

If John Belushi died today the headline would be OPIATE DEATH !!! They would never mention the drug mixing.
My brother never was diagnosed with nor prescribed any meds for any of the conditions you describe. Or, ANY condition for that matter. My parents were pretty much anti prescription anything.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
That is ultimately how people die from opioids...they basically stop breathing.

That happened to me - in the hospital, being closely monitored, via morphine. In fact, I remember distinctly thinking "I don't feel like breathing anymore" and then suddenly all hell broke loose around me. I can totally understand how someone under the influence of some drugs would just stop breathing. It's weird because typically we don't even think about breathing. At the time, this "decision" made perfect, beautiful sense to me, absolutely zero sense of panic or doubt or anything.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM

190 posts, read 128,979 times
The news guy in the link I posted says the one woman was in the jail to "speed up her recovery."

Nothing speeds recovery like the PTSD from getting kidnapped strip searched and imprisoned in one of the governments combination playgrounds for control freak sadists and schools on how to be a criminal.

I was abused and treated like an animal for months and now I am "all better" and don't want to use drugs to change how I feel anymore !

"Speed up her recovery" now I have heard everything.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
The news guy in the link I posted says the one woman was in the jail to "speed up her recovery."

Nothing speeds recovery like the PTSD from getting kidnapped strip searched and imprisoned in one of the governments combination playgrounds for control freak sadists and schools on how to be a criminal.

I was abused and treated like an animal for months and now I am "all better" and don't want to use drugs to change how I feel anymore !

"Speed up her recovery" now I have heard everything.
Yeah, its like when some people say 'jail is the best place for them right now'...LOL

gee, I wonder how that myth got started?!!

It reminds me of this social services worker I saw interviewed on the local news about prostitution, she was actually trying to say that getting arrested and sent to jail is the best thing for these women!! Great when authority figures try to make people believe getting arrested and jailed is in their best interest! LOL

Old 01-03-2019, 12:57 PM

190 posts, read 128,979 times
Quote:
It reminds me of this social services worker I saw interviewed on the local news about prostitution, she was actually trying to say that getting arrested and sent to jail is the best thing for these women!!
Sounds like a plan, lets add thousands of dollars of state extortion debt, fines court fees probation cost, and a criminal record to destroy job opportunities so these women stop selling themselves for money.

The system in a nutshell: The beatings will continue till moral improves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events