Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 09:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Instead of peeing in front of who knows how many people in a gas station parking lot? Yes, peeing somewhere a little more private would have been a much better option.
Like pee on seat of the car or on the floor of the car???? Not everyone has an empty container ready to hold urine in their vehicle at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 10:45 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Must have been a slow crime day in Richmond County. Or that department is overstaffed.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:24 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
We only have her side of the story.
Wait, what?

What do you imagine the other side of the story is that makes her conduct criminal? I'm really curious.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:51 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
I've never once been to a gas station that required keys for the bathroom. I doubt this woman happened to stop at 9ne of the few that lock up their restrooms. I've also never waited in line at a gas station bathroom. Most have multiple stalls, and their aren't 20 people all stopping at once to use the restroom.

Wow, really? You must not get out much. Lots of small (especially older) gas stations either have no public restroom, or an outdoor access restroom that is kept locked. And they are generally one-holers, too, not multiple stalls like Wawa, or the other big chains.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Wait, what?

What do you imagine the other side of the story is that makes her conduct criminal? I'm really curious.

Thank goodness they didn't bust my mom when 3 year old me peed on the floor in the grocery store. Fully clothed, but still. I hadn't been potty trained long, and back then, there were no public restrooms in grocery stores. We were stuck standing in line, nowhere to go.

I was extremely upset by the episode, I am told.

Needless to say, I am not offended by 3 year old wiener, nor a little bit of baby pee in a parking lot.

CSB: The first time I met our new neighbors in Delaware, the 3 year old came over naked (he was avoiding his bath). His dad apologized, but I just laughed. /CSB

Old 04-09-2019, 12:24 PM

233 posts, read 155,488 times
Default pee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Bad judgement on officer's part. The lady did everything she could to prevent this. (A 3-year-old may be too old to be classified as a toddler. I'm not sure what the cut-off age is).

https://www.koco.com/article/pregnan...g-lot/27054415

Bet he is new on the job.....and has no children either.....I wonder what the judge will say, if it gets that far.

over-reacted for sure.....

Old 04-09-2019, 12:32 PM

233 posts, read 155,488 times
Default pee

Quote:
Really, everyone is okay with people peeing in gas station parking lots?

It's one thing if they were out on a hike in the middle of the woods or on the side of the highway miles from the closest public bathroom, but to pee in a parking lot just feet away from a public bathroom? That's disgusting.

I don't care if it's a 3-year-old's pee, I don't want to be stepping in it while pumping gas or going inside for a coffee.

Just in case you never knew, pee itself is sterile......

Old 04-09-2019, 01:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
This incident happened at a Five Star gas station at 724 Laney Walker Blvd. in Augusta, Georgia. (I found this out from clicking the link in the article that led to a Facebook page which showed a picture of the ticket, which included the address of the incident.) This place has a convenience store with a Subway inside (I found this out through Street View), so I can pretty much guarantee that there was a bathroom (not requiring a key to open) somewhere inside.

That said, I also know that 3-year-olds don't always give a whole lot of warning when they're about to go pee. Sometimes, you're lucky if you can stop the car and get them outside before they let 'er rip. So I can certainly believe the lady when she says that she didn't have enough time to get him inside to the bathroom.

For those of you who are saying that he should have peed in the car . . . really? You would rather stink up your car with hard-to-clean urine than let the kid go outside? I can promise you that if it had ever come down to a choice between the fabric seats and carpeted floor of my car, or an asphalt parking lot, the great outdoors would have won every single time.

As for why the lady got ticketed, I would say that it was either a vastly overzealous cop who has no understanding of children, or an entitled "my child can do no wrong" mother who lipped off at the officer. I don't have enough information to hazard a guess as to which one it might be.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:26 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
We only have her side of the story.

I thought about that. I thought maybe she got lippy with the officer. But they read the ticket. And the ticket is only about the boy peeing in the lot, and that there were toilets onsite he could've used.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:29 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Just in case you never knew, pee itself is sterile......

No it's not, that's just a myth. It's not even sterile while in your bladder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events