Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 03:00 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

Uromysitisis is very dangerous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 04:39 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle114 View Post
This is not ideal... But better than in public. With a toddler, she should really plan better.
That's what I was thinking when i said to go in the car. No sippy cup, snack container, a plastic bag from Target, or anything else in the car the toddler could pee into? It's not an ideal situation, but better than teaching the kid it's okay to pee in public.

I find it hard to believe this was an one-time thing, that the kid never had to go an in emergency before.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:33 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,380 times
Yuk. Dimwit mother. What parent doesn't take their 3 year old to the restroom(s) when out and about?
It's getting harder and harder to live among the dumb and uncivilized.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No it's not, that's just a myth. It's not even sterile while in your bladder.
The ground isn't sterile, so it doesn't matter.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:20 AM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Must have been a slow crime day in Richmond County. Or that department is overstaffed.
Not to mention the apparently slow day of so many C-D posters. My goodness, the things that we allow to offend us and to occupy our time. It's little wonder that UFOs seem to have reached the point where they no longer visit here. By the way, that was said tongue-in-cheek to make my point that our priorities on Planet Earth, as well as our intelligence, is certainly diminishing on a daily basis. Why the heck would any aliens want to visit here? I mean, a little kid takes a pee and pages and pages on a public forum are taken up discussing this. Sheesh!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:27 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
My last comment here but people really think the lady should have told her kid just to pee all over inside the car rather than outside? Have you ever tried to get a smell out of a car, let alone the smell of pee? That car would have to be junked. There was another Seinfeld about car smells as well...

Old 04-10-2019, 08:15 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
I remember reading where this had become a problem in.....China? Like a common thing. Its already practically a common thing for adults to do in NYC from what I hear.

Expection slippery slope. I have no idea what the situation was here in this particular instance but in general I don't think we want to become a society where its just fine for toddlers to pee in public.

If you google children pee in public you will see articles and discussions that have been going on about this for some time. Because some parents think its ok and some don't. I'm falling on the don't if at all possible side.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
I wonder if those who are most horrified by this young boy peeing in the parking lot are actually parents.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I wonder if those who are most horrified by this young boy peeing in the parking lot are actually parents.
I was wondering the same thing. I'd prefer not to see kids peeing publicly on a regular basis. I don't have a problem with it in an emergency. Like I said in my earlier post, I had my boys pee in an empty water bottle a few times. I had them stand outside the car behind an open door. I blocked the view so you couldn't see anything.

I just remembered what I did with my daughter. I took the potty training chair with us on longer trips out of town. You can put a Target sack and a diaper in the catch tray and it soaks up liquids for later disposal.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I'd prefer not to see kids peeing publicly on a regular basis. I don't have a problem with it in an emergency. Like I said in my earlier post, I had my boys pee in an empty water bottle a few times. I had them stand outside the car behind an open door. I blocked the view so you couldn't see anything.

I just remembered what I did with my daughter. I took the potty training chair with us on longer trips out of town. You can put a Target sack and a diaper in the catch tray and it soaks up liquids for later disposal.

When we were kids on long road trips my parents didn’t like to make a lot of stops. We peed on the side of the road many times with the doors used as an attempt to provide some privacy. I can remember being in parks with my own kids where there were no restrooms and they peed behind trees or behind bushes. I also know how quickly a newly potty trained child will go from being perfectly fine to urgently having to go. I totally get why a parent who is walking her three year old to the bathroom ends up in the situation where he’s suddenly peeing in the parking lot. I don’t think anyone is saying that this should become commonplace but things happen and I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. I still can’t get over the suggestion that someone made to just pee in the car. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events