Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:04 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Really? The “ alternative” is either stinking up the car or hoping that the kid who is likely still in the process of potty training can hold it long enough to make it to a restroom.
Yes. I mean, if the "kid" is in the process of being potty trained, a competent parent would be prepared for mishaps like this. Either with pull-ups, or another method. Even if not properly prepared, the mom had a choice... and she chose the choice of risking it with the law than the safer option of letting the child pee in private.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 05:49 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
That mother made a bad choice. She got caught. She's the one making a huge deal out of this, not the cop. With the number of people defending this woman, all of our public parking lots are probably stained with human pee and pooh. It's bad enough that people let their dogs do this. Disgusting behavior. I applaud the cop.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:08 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
"Stinking up the car," and then STILL having to get out of it to go clean up. So instead of a kid peeing outside, you'll have a kid walking through the store in urine-soiled clothes.
Ew, unless you needed to pick up a life saving medication or something why wouldn't you just take the kid home and clean him up? Unless you happen to have a spare outfit tucked away in the car for such emergencies?

Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Ew, unless you needed to pick up a life saving medication or something why wouldn't you just take the kid home and clean him up? Unless you happen to have a spare outfit tucked away in the car for such emergencies?
I'm pretty sure most parents keep extra clothes in a diaper bag of sorts when out with their kids. Accidents can and will happen.
And it doesn't have to be pee or number 2 either. Can be something like spilling chocolate milk all over one's clothes. There's always an extra outfit in the trunk for the kids. Even to this day.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:15 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure most parents keep extra clothes in a diaper bag of sorts when out with their kids. Accidents can and will happen.
And it doesn't have to be pee or number 2 either. Can be something like spilling chocolate milk all over one's clothes. There's always an extra outfit in the trunk for the kids. Even to this day.
If you're the kind of parent prepared with an extra outfit wouldn't you be the kind of parent prepared for an unplanned potty need?

Old 04-26-2019, 01:10 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If you're the kind of parent prepared with an extra outfit wouldn't you be the kind of parent prepared for an unplanned potty need?
Yes. BUT, during that "transition" stage, you WANT your child to get used to wearing underwear. You want to encourage him/her to not be comfortable just "letting it go" while sitting anywhere due to the security of a diaper. Therefore, underwear it is. But, toddlers being toddlers, sometimes they just don't tell you anything until they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GO NOW! lol

BTW, this never happened to me when my kids were little. I'm just saying I can see how it would happen, even to a "prepared" parent.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Yes. BUT, during that "transition" stage, you WANT your child to get used to wearing underwear. You want to encourage him/her to not be comfortable just "letting it go" while sitting anywhere due to the security of a diaper. Therefore, underwear it is. But, toddlers being toddlers, sometimes they just don't tell you anything until they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GO NOW! lol

BTW, this never happened to me when my kids were little. I'm just saying I can see how it would happen, even to a "prepared" parent.
It happened to me once. Junior couldn't wee in the bottle, water the weeds, use a Pull-Ups. I thought that we were going to end up in an an ER.

A state officer stopped and asked if we needed help. When I explained the problem, he said, "I have three boy, and I understand. You folks have a good day."

Old 05-03-2019, 12:30 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I really don't care that the kid was exposed but I do care turning a parking lot into a toilet.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:46 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
Pay the ticket lady!

Old 05-07-2019, 12:03 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,211 times
I get giving the lady a ticket but what about all the homeless people that have turned cities such as San Fransisco and their streets and sidewalks as their own personal toilets. The Mayor and all the city council
of San Fransisco just look away and don't do a dam thing about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events