Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 09:56 AM

14,310 posts, read 11,702,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
The 2ND video link is posted in post #1161, from the angle behind.

I don't see a video in that link. It says

Quote:
The following footage was obtained by WAPA-TV’s news show, “La Comay.”

*Warning* Content may be disturbing to viewers
but there is no video posted below it.

Does anyone have an alternative link to the video?

Old 12-19-2019, 10:08 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I had to watch it several times to see it all. The girl is just a pink blur with a white top (her hat) and the grandpa's a grey blur.

When he first places her where she can stand on the railing, you can see that for maybe a second. Then he apparently sits her on the railing, and I can't see that at all. It blends completely into a grey blur.

But it does appear he's leaning forward past the point where the window would have been, had the window been closed.
He also appears to lean far forward before he even picks her up. No way did he not know that window was open. No way at all.

You can also tell by this video that this space was in no way a children's play area. Not even close.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:09 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Can you post a link to the second video you watched? The only one I've seen is this one, and it's very difficult to see what's going on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ip-window.html
No its not difficult to see what happens in the video. You said you watched it with a magnifying glass already. You don't need a magnifying glass to see exactly what happened. Give me a break

Old 12-19-2019, 10:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
The 2ND video link is posted in post #1161, from the angle behind. The La Comay show (which was a lady host with a puppet head? Weird)... you see the moment where she goes down. Very sad.

The "idk the window was open" doesn't fly now that we see the videos. The family is very mad that it's publicly released because they wanted to protect their other child from ever seeing this. I don't know what they expected, they had kept insisting it's the ship's fault that the child ever fell and hinting at the lawsuit from the beginning. It was always going to be a mess given how bizarre the situation is. I had read somewhere that Angelo has a step daughter that is a prosecutor... I can only hope she gives the family and him better legal advice than that lawyer. He's totally slimy and making this worse.
Thanks. There are actually 3 videos in this link, separated by the bizarre yellow miss piggy character.

You can figure out when the baby drops by the reaction of the woman in the pink dress in all 3 videos, she suddenly turns and walks toward the scene.

In the third video, at about the 10 minute mark, grandpa appears to lean out the window, but then you can't see him anymore. Where does he go? It's so grainy in all of them, they're all a little hard to decipher except it does appear the grand pa sticks his head through the window opening.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/12/...-to-her-death/

Old 12-19-2019, 10:12 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
The videos clarify two items: How they got to that particular window and How long they were at the window before Chloe fell. Based on the videos the charge of negligent homicide appears more than justified. The family is upset the videos were released and I can see why: they make a mockery of this lawsuit. There was severe error involved on the part of the grandfather. A child died. He needs to take responsibility.

It was Chloe who ran to that particular window with the grandfather following. So maybe focused on following her with a number of people to walk around he didn't notice.

BUT the grandfather was at that window leaning outward (supposedly there's an 18 inch gap) for a few seconds before bending down to lift Chloe to the window. Supposedly he both stood her on the rail then put her into a sitting position before she fell. That's hard to see clearly on the video but okay.

The grandfather had clear opportunity when standing by himself at that railing to see the window was open. Maybe he did not notice for whatever reason. Maybe he did notice but was just plain careless. At this point it really does not matter - he was negligent, criminally so.

Driving a car is tough. Accidents can happen, which is why drivers generally are not culpable unless say impaired by alcohol. Here, it really does not matter. Comprehending that a window is open once you've stood at it with no barrier (i.e., the child not obstructing his view) is not tough.

The authorities do not appear to believe he deliberately dropped her (maybe due to profound mental illness). But he made an error that reaches the level of criminal negligence - either not holding her securely and/or not perceiving the window was open. EITHER could have been due to alcohol. EITHER could have been due to innate carelessness (hubris). But he should have noticed.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned a friend who almost lifted my DD into our ceiling fans twice - not once but twice. He somehow did not see or process it. Pretty unbelievable to me that he did not. Both times I screamed at him to stop. Had my daughter been injured, he would have been criminally negligible. It was an inexcusable action - whatever was going on in his head.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks. There are actually 3 videos in this link, separated by the bizarre yellow miss piggy character.

You can figure out when the baby drops by the reaction of the woman in the pink dress in all 3 videos, she suddenly turns and walks toward the scene.

In the third video, at about the 10 minute mark, grandpa appears to lean out the window, but then you can't see him anymore. Where does he go? It's so grainy in all of them, they're all a little hard to decipher except it does appear the grand pa sticks his head through the window opening.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/12/...-to-her-death/
Apparently I'm the only one who can't see any videos in that link.

The railing is supposedly 18 inches from the window frame. I'm 5'6". I got a tape measure and stood 18 inches from the wall, then leaned forward. At an angle of about 40 degrees, my forehead touched the wall.

In the one video I can see, the grandpa looks like he's leaning at least that far forward, maybe farther. And he wasn't surprised, didn't even notice, that he didn't contact glass? Not to mention the fresh air on his face? I imagine a jury would have "fun" with that.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Apparently I'm the only one who can't see any videos in that link.

The railing is supposedly 18 inches from the window frame. I'm 5'6". I got a tape measure and stood 18 inches from the wall, then leaned forward. At an angle of about 40 degrees, my forehead touched the wall.

In the one video I can see, the grandpa looks like he's leaning much farther forward than that. And he wasn't surprised, didn't even notice, that he didn't contact glass? I imagine a jury would have "fun" with that.
So there's no video square between the warning and the paragraph that begins "Last month, San Juan Investigations. . . "?

Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
So there's no video square between the warning and the paragraph that begins "Last month, San Juan Investigations. . . "?
Nope. This is what I see.
Attached Thumbnails
1 year old dropped off Royal Caribbean Cruise ship-screenshot-001.jpg  

Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
There must be better video than that! The news reported that when they viewed the video, the grandpa stood her up on the railing, and then sat her on the railing. I don't see how in the world anyone could possibly see that in the video.

Could anyone else see those things?
I tried to watch it even with a magnifying glass over them, and I still couldn’t see really anything except the grandfather shape.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:50 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Nope. This is what I see.
How strange. There was a link there in the square:

https://www.facebook.com/LaComayTV/v...4098988428111/

Does that help? If you see a weird Muppet head, that's it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events