Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 08:06 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
WHO has a myth buster page to try to dispel rumors.
South Africa had 1 case on 3/5. They have 150 on 3/20.
Most of the South American countries have confirmed cases in the hundreds and the virus just entered there recently.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...c/myth-busters
COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates

From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather.
Read and understand it. Yes it can be transmitted anywhere. We know that. But the virus is not spreading significantly in warm weather. Which is exactly what would be expected of any virus.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, they don't. And you know this. I quoted the exact line from your article where they say who gets the flu shot. You conveniently decided to delete that section from your reply to me since it doesn't go along with your conspiracy theory.
It is not a conspiracy theory & that's not fair. I have been here since 2014. Have you ever seen me yammer on & on about 9/11 or flat-earth or chemtrails, etc?

Ever? No, because I never have. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Yeah, I argue about vaccines but have you ever seen me START a thread about them? This is a valid concern. I have more science that supports me than anyone does to counter me & I am afraid for my friends & family who got the flu shot.

I am afraid for the children who got TWO this year, if they truly are super-spreaders & COVID turns out to be a relevant coronavirus; this will be a problem here. I am talking about other things too here as well but if I am countered; I will respond.

Glad to see the replies though. That means at least ya'll saw it.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I wonder why in my area there are no slots available from the Whole Foods side or the Amazon side (on Prime now).

I used to regularly get delivery from them. Nice of that person to grab you some eggs! You can 'adjust' your whole foods delivery by cancelling and re-doing it.
Some stores do let you add things. For Walmart, up to almost day of delivery if you add new things to your cart then click “checkout” it’ll ask “Do you want to add this to your existing order? Others may do that too.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
40% of those hospitalized are under 54 years old. They were wrong when we were told it affects only older folks badly.
In Colorado the age group most impacted is 40-49. And we have more women than men infected as well.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:16 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
No, I have nothing to do with your 'collectively'. Come to OKC and be surprised on how races/nationalities you never expected to manage without 'we' live together. I was floored and now I am used to it.
I never said everyone l or even a majority. It doesn’t need to be a majority. I know they are exceptions and not the tile but the dog whistles have an effect on those people, and others suffer for it.

And yes, the collective “we” as in America, took Japanese Americans from their homes and put them into camps in this country during WWII, which is the line you seemed to object to. It was national policy, so the collective “we”, as in America, is absolutely appropriate.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 03-20-2020 at 08:29 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Wrong. I don't know if it does & you don't know if it doesn't. But we DO know it increases our risk of coronavirus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31607599

Now what would you rather people do if they are on the fence about getting their flu shot? Are you one of those "oh the flu is so much worse" people or would you rather err on the side of caution until they know specifically about COVID?

Cause last time I checked; COVID is a coronavirus. Last I checked; China had a mass-immunization campaign in December & last I checked; Italy started mandatory immunizations in 2016. Children are suspected 'superspreaders' for COVID. Children in the US, this year; were given not one but TWO flu shots this season.

If COVID 'counts' as a coronavirus the flu shot can make worse; the US just created superspreaders on steroids. I kinda do not think anybody should be getting a flu shot right now, given the available research.
You keep posting that link and ignoring the fact that there is data to contradict it.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/57/6/789/329048

"In univariate analyses, no association was found between influenza vaccination and single virus detection of RSV, adenovirus, human metapneumovirus, human rhinovirus, or coronavirus."

I assure you that if people vaccinated against influenza were getting COVID-19 at higher rates we would know it by now and there would not be the continued recommendation to vaccinate against flu. Do you have any sources to support that flu vaccine increases the risk of getting COVID-19? That is really only your highly biased opinion based on your belief that all vaccines are highly unsafe.

The only children who get two doses of flu vaccine are those who have never had a previous dose.

Please provide a source for the statement that, "Children are suspected 'superspreaders' for COVID."

This article states that the role of children in spreading COVID-19 is not defined.

All superspreaders of the original SARS were symptomatic. That would argue against an asymptomatic child being a superspreader.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0495_article

Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Some stores do let you add things. For Walmart, up to almost day of delivery if you add new things to your cart then click “checkout” it’ll ask “Do you want to add this to your existing order? Others may do that too.
Not Amazon Prime Now/ Amazon or whole foods side. You can cancel and re-do, which would not be smart now if one has a delivery slot! For my area, they are booked. IDK if some open everyday and get taken before I check or what, but for me it keeps saying 'No delivery times available'.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Read and understand it. Yes it can be transmitted anywhere. We know that. But the virus is not spreading significantly in warm weather. Which is exactly what would be expected of any virus.
I think it has more to do with them just getting it 15 days ago.
We have had it since January.

South Africa is up to 202 and the other African countries are just reporting their first cases today.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:20 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
As you have been told many times, this study was done in 2017-18 and does not include the present COVID-19 virus. Quit spreading disinformation.
It's highly speculative to suggest that flu vaccines could cause individuals to be more vulnerable to this particular coronavirus but not quite disinformation.

I don't see why people seem so threatened by it. Virus interference isn't exactly a new concept and certainly doesn't belong in "conspiracy theory" territory.

Perhaps I'm biased though. Did I get a flu shot? No. Will I be getting one soon? No.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:21 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
One reason that more young are starting to show up in hospitals might be because the older ones took "isolation" seriously while the young ones played YOLO, ignored social distancing and actually went out of their way to try to catch it (lick toilet bowel challenge).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events