Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2020, 09:04 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,785,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This could be troublesome... and might explain why the WHO has been kept out so far?...

https://twitter.com/BenKTallmadge/st...03026334875648
This has been disproven as a conspiracy theory. It's not scientifically feasible. In addition, since coronaviruses are some of the common cold viruses, they would be a very bad choice for biological warfare.

Old 02-03-2020, 09:12 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
This has been disproven as a conspiracy theory. It's not scientifically feasible. In addition, since coronaviruses are some of the common cold viruses, they would be a very bad choice for biological warfare.
Also, you do not want to use an agent from which you cannot protect your own forces.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:15 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
But you are not just a foreigner, and you are a Taiwanese with years of China bashing history here.

Only idiots believe China prevented WHO taking actions. In fact China took serious actions much earlier (although still too late).

And why not?

"On December 30, Li Wenliang dropped a bombshell in his medical school alumni group on the popular Chinese messaging app WeChat: seven patients from a local seafood market had been diagnosed with an illness similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and quarantined in his hospital.
"I only wanted to remind my university classmates to be careful," Li said.
But within hours, screenshots of his messages -- containing his name -- went viral. Soon after, Li became one of several whistleblower medics targeted by Wuhan police."

I totally see her point.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:49 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

Why is the fact that the virus is alive in feces important?

Because a lot of China has open trench bathrooms, lack of toilet paper, and primitive hand washing set-ups. Many place in Asia you go is similar.

Plus, studies have indicated, that in the Western world, if you do not close you toilet lid before you flush it sends up droplets that have viruses and bacteria and lands on the handle, and surrounding area.... frequently a toothbrush.

Just another way it may spread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-04-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
It is highly irresponsible to spread that kind of fake news. Like you said it has been disproved many times, there is absolutely no evidence the virus was engineered.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:56 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
This is our initial exchange:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57247501-post90.html

I posted about the evacuees. You posted about cases that were not evacuees. I pointed out that they were not evacuees.

It appears you are the one who lost track of the conversation.

The poster I responded to has not provided any evidence that any of the evacuees have tested positive for the virus.

My question about sending people to hospitals was not addressed to you.
No I certainly did not lose track. I was simply making a point about screenings. I’ll leave you to it.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:09 AM

Well, the US may be taking "action", but it sounds like it was more words, than plan.

Hawaii found out it would be responsible for quarantining 2 minutes before the announcement. So they had no chance to come up with a plan to execute what the Feds told them.

With all the military bases there, nope, not one was assigned to them for quarantine purposes.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hawa...-notice-2020-2

So while we are talking a big game, we may not be even be playing yet.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:29 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,329,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And why not?

"On December 30, Li Wenliang dropped a bombshell in his medical school alumni group on the popular Chinese messaging app WeChat: seven patients from a local seafood market had been diagnosed with an illness similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and quarantined in his hospital.
"I only wanted to remind my university classmates to be careful," Li said.
But within hours, screenshots of his messages -- containing his name -- went viral. Soon after, Li became one of several whistleblower medics targeted by Wuhan police."

I totally see her point.
This!

Old 02-04-2020, 09:07 AM

7,681 posts, read 5,532,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because a lot of China has open trench bathrooms, lack of toilet paper, and primitive hand washing set-ups. Many place in Asia you go is similar.

Plus, studies have indicated, that in the Western world, if you do not close you toilet lid before you flush it sends up droplets that have viruses and bacteria and lands on the handle, and surrounding area.... frequently a toothbrush.

Just another way it may spread.
Another way of spreading is by way of public touchscreens.

Quote:
Researchers tested touchscreens at eight different McDonald's locations and found fecal bacteria on every one of them
https://kutv.com/news/offbeat/study-...n-the-hospital

I’d be particularly careful about grocery cart handles too.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:04 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,329,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I’d be particularly careful about grocery cart handles too.
Yesterday, I ran out of milk and was surprised that the supermakret handed out grocery carts to customers after individually wiping down each of the cart handles with disinfectant wipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events