Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 02:05 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,658,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
After they drop it off they take a photo of everything in every bag? Wouldn’t they have to take it all out of the bags to photograph everything?
They try to arrange it in a way they can photograph everything. Usually it's expensive items that are reported missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
This won't matter, since in some "communities" things like petty theft, lying, cheating, etc are admirable qualities. Felony arrest? That's a merit badge.

Good luck to the driver..
wink wink huh?

Old 12-19-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I didn’t watch all of it (17 minutes is long) but it makes me mad how many other Doordash drivers connected with her saying this happened to them. Even with photos some got deactivated anyway! These companies treat people as disposable. Even the word “deactivated” sounds like you’re talking about a robot or something.
On the other end, I saw a ring doorbell video where the person took a photo of the delivery, and then took it. Photos don't actually prove the delivery was placed and LEFT there.

COVID 'leave at door' options have produced a lot of scammers in general, it seems.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:36 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,941,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's a crime. Theft, fraud, not sure which that falls under but it's a crime.
Agree. And she’s almost certainly done this and gotten away with it before. At least her name and her crime is getting public attention now, so hopefully she is flagged. I assuming (hoping) DoorDash will at a minimum ban her, and other food delivery companies too. I’m not sure if they will pursue additional legal action.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:43 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,941,026 times
Quote:
On the other end, I saw a ring doorbell video where the person took a photo of the delivery, and then took it. Photos don't actually prove the delivery was placed and LEFT there.

COVID 'leave at door' options have produced a lot of scammers in general, it seems.
Really that’s the best they can do though (take a picture after leaving it at the door). If they wanted to completely prove that they (door dashers) aren’t pulling any schemes, they could drop it off and then record themselves walking away from the dropped off delivery all the way until they get into their car and drive away. Although that’s a lot of effort, lol.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Really that’s the best they can do though (take a picture after leaving it at the door). If they wanted to completely prove that they (door dashers) aren’t pulling any schemes, they could drop it off and then record themselves walking away from the dropped off delivery all the way until they get into their car and drive away. Although that’s a lot of effort, lol.
pre covid I had to sign for deliveries. The lack of signing for them is the issue.

I wonder how often UPS customers say things didn't arrive and ? I guess ups is more trusted when they say it was left on the porch.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:28 PM

14,038 posts, read 8,210,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
That is crappy that she was trying to scam the driver..........If she is doing that stuff, wonder what she is pulling for scams at CVS.

Exactly. What she did tells you a lot about her character... and it isn't good.

She clearly isn't trustworthy

Old 12-19-2020, 06:56 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,325,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I still do not see any stories of the CVS manager being fired. Can someone provide that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Q3...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-19-2020, 07:03 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,325,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
My comprehension was just fine, initially the reason you gave for this video's existence was it could have been a money grab and for fame as you referenced the interview and fund raising sites. But another poster pointed out that you have changed your opinion in a post I had not seen and I'm glad to see that.

This was nothing more than a driver confronting a horrible person and both lost their jobs, which is just. But we all know who the real loser was and it was not the driver losing a job that paid 6.50 per delivery. No it would be the CVS manager who everyone in that town knows all about now.

No, initially I gave that as a possible reason in response to your question as to why anyone would do that.

I didn't change my opinion. I simply waited for the facts to be better known before drawing a conclusion. Actually, I might still be waiting for the facts but I went out and found them - the interview with driver, the screenshots of texts, the date/time of complaint, the update on employee firing.

That things turned out this time as they initially seemed is not a justification to jump to conclusions next time based on accusations. How many went all in on Jussie's claims?

Old 12-20-2020, 01:10 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,093,067 times
Quote:
wink wink huh?
Women? Young people? North Carolinians? Obese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events