Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 05:52 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,170,326 times

Advertisements

I can't believe that they still have party buses.

You can't drive your car without a seatbelt because of the danger of an accident and being thrown around, but they allow buses (with a higher center of gravity) to have unsecured and inebriated passengers? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 05:57 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
it looks like something similar happened on party bus in boston about 6 years ago:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...s6M/story.html

https://www.wcvb.com/article/video-s...window/8246709

Woman fell out the emergency window and died. Family blamed bus company but they denied wrong doing. 2 women actually fell out of the window, 1 survived.

Not sure what ended up happening here in the end but the bus/livery company is still in business:

https://www.entouragelivery.com/

Two grown women falling out of a moving bus' emergency window while it's moving seems mighty odd. But it's gotta be the bus' fault!

They tried to say the window shouldnt have opened that easily. Um if there was an emergency i'd want the window to open so i could get the hell out. It wasnt meant to be tampered with by drunken people which is what it sounds like happened.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:59 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I can't believe that they still have party buses.

You can't drive your car without a seatbelt because of the danger of an accident and being thrown around, but they allow buses (with a higher center of gravity) to have unsecured and inebriated passengers? Really?
I mean kids ride a school bus without seatbelts...someone above tried to tell me this is different. Yes it's different and worse if you ask me to be on a bus dancing drunk at 3am. nothing to worry about there...but why they dont have seatbelts on any type of bus is questionable.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:06 PM

this also happened in san diego this past fall:

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/20...of-san-marcos/

in this case she thought the back door was the bathroom.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean kids ride a school bus without seatbelts...someone above tried to tell me this is different. Yes it's different and worse if you ask me to be on a bus dancing drunk at 3am. nothing to worry about there...but why they dont have seatbelts on any type of bus is questionable.
I don't think you understand. No one said there weren't risks involved. My point was simply that if the company is going to offer this service, they have a legal responsibility to follow a reasonable standard of care to optimize passenger safety. We don't if that was at play here or not, but if the company is at fault, their insurance will have to pay up.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:27 PM

I don’t think you understand that the bus company is providing a service but people still should act normal on the bus or they could die. That’s literally what is happening here with these party buses.

There are booze cruises where people have died by falling off the boat and drowning. Did the
Boat get sued? Probably

Old 02-01-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don’t think you understand that the bus company is providing a service but people still should act normal on the bus or they could die. That’s literally what is happening here with these party buses.

There are booze cruises where people have died by falling off the boat and drowning. Did the
Boat get sued? Probably
Don't quit your day job to practice law. If these party bus companies are going to provide dance floors and allow alcohol consumption, they have a certain legal responsibility. It really is that simple. ETA You'll probably misinterpret what I just said to mean that the company is 100% responsible for the accident, but that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that if they can be found to have been at fault in any way, such as an issue with the doors being a contributory factor to the accident or otherwise being in noncompliance with federal safety regulations, they'll have legal liability.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-01-2022 at 07:33 PM..

Old 02-01-2022, 07:25 PM

Sure they’ll probably have to pay some money. Doesn’t mean they’ll go out of business. As I mentioned above there’s a party bus service in my area that had someone fall off a bus in 2016 and they’re still in business. I can’t find any info on whether they were sued or what they had to pay.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:44 PM

I never claimed they'd go out of business, did I?

That's all.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:15 PM

No but you really seem hell bent that it’s the fault of the bus (not just in the eyes of the law) and the human being on the bus should have no responsibility in how they behave ? We could apparently argue about this all night but I don’t really feel like it. It’s just not as black and white as you’re making it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events