Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,213,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The first source you posted is a tabloid rag. The second isn't "media," it's a forum for internet sleuths.

According the legitimate media, Vicky White is 56.
I know how to vet the sources of information in important situations
This is just quick cursory show of discrepancies.
I was able to figure out what was the correct info.

BTW, the websleuths (well respected as well run site) got the marital status of the officer right, and the CNN - “the legitimate media”got it wrong!
Hope you don’t trust CNN wholeheartedly for your information needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 08:12 AM

16,331 posts, read 10,462,058 times
You would think after seeing that prison nurse being manipulated by prisoners (that's what criminals do) in PA this woman would have been smarter than this. Apparently not. They will be caught, they almost always are, and she has just ruined her life. No sympathy from me, she just allowed a very dangerous man to walk the streets again.

And yes the reporting is all over the map, I've seen anywhere from 6'6' to 6'9". How hard is it to confirm the basics as others have pointed out?

Old 05-03-2022, 10:05 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,213,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You would think after seeing that prison nurse being manipulated by prisoners (that's what criminals do) in PA this woman would have been smarter than this. Apparently not. They will be caught, they almost always are, and she has just ruined her life. No sympathy from me, she just allowed a very dangerous man to walk the streets again.

And yes the reporting is all over the map, I've seen anywhere from 6'6' to 6'9". How hard is it to confirm the basics as others have pointed out?
Her first priority now should be just to stay alive..
What a waste of hard earned reputation, pension, house..
There is no fool like an older fool, except older romantically inclined woman? fool…
They never learn…

Old 05-03-2022, 10:33 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
There are other ways to somewhat safer access the money electronically: not sure how shrewd she was.

Unfortunately, if she told him how - he doesn’t need her?

I think, that LEO think she isn’t alive. Issuing a warrant for her arrest would allow for accounts freezing by the judge and prevent him from accessing her monthly pension money just in case?

Not that such a violent guy need to fiddle with the electronic banking - he is all set for a while with her $80K cash and is not afraid of violence/murder to get more when needed

On the other hand, she still could be useful to him for a while if she is disguised- dark hair, sunglasses, a mask, etc - to shop, etc
So she still could be alive
I don't think she's dead at all. Of course he needs her. You think a 6'9" wanted felon can go out and not be noticed? She could dye her hair, wear a mask and sunglasses and get to a store somewhere and not be noticed perhaps, but people that tall garner stares even when they're not wanted. Just step through the front door and kids are going "Look how tall that man is, mommy!" You can't just blend in at that height. Plus he probably doesn't want to live hidden and alone for the rest of his life. If you have to be isolated forever, I'd guess it's more tolerable with a sexual partner who loves you and wants to take care of you. I'm sure they had some kind of relationship. I don't see any reason he'd want to kill the only company he has.

I'm sure her accounts are probably frozen.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:41 AM

22,387 posts, read 29,512,450 times
They ran away together. Hopefully they are caught

Old 05-03-2022, 11:26 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
And we think that only political reporting is controversial …

It is funny how sloppy the reporting has become in general and in this case in particular.

- Vicki or Vicky?
- her age - from 40 to 56 y.o.
- Divorced or widowed?
- cleared $80K or $95K from the sale of her house?
- the height of Casey White: 6’6” or 6’9”?
Etc.

Seems like simple easily verifiable facts, yet - different media are reporting differently.

https://conandaily.com/2022/05/02/vi...-prison-guard/

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/th...621364/page-36

https://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chro...asey-white.pdf
According to your Websleuths site, she'd only begun her Corrections career 16 years ago.

I followed Websleuths on the hiker-family-dies-of-heat-stroke-mid-trail-near-Yosemite story. I found C-D members to be way ahead of the "sleuths" on that site. I wouldn't regard WS as authoritative.

Old 05-03-2022, 11:43 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,183,264 times
https://www.waff.com/2022/05/03/new-...office-escape/

Old 05-03-2022, 11:53 AM

16,671 posts, read 8,672,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My thoughts, exactly. It's not that they didn't show up to the mental-health appointment; the appointment never existed in the first place. That makes it pretty clear, IMO.

Or on further examination, the corrections officer could have been coerced in some way:
Interesting info re: Vicki White:

Quote:
Vicki White had been talking about retiring for three or four months prior to the escape. She turned in her paperwork on Thursday, and Friday, when the escape occurred, was set to be her last day at work.

The part I put in bold says it all.

There is no way she is submitting her retirement papers the day before, if she was being coerced. What would be the point, as whether she was killed or managed to escape from the guy, she could always retire days afterward (and for even a better reason). Her family would receive her retirement benefits/pension either way.
So unless it was the coincidence of coincidences, she is not submitting retirement paperwork the day before.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:06 PM

5,687 posts, read 3,185,814 times
The latest that I saw confirmed that she and the convict were definitely in a relationship.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:31 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,815,156 times
Quote:
I know how to vet the sources of information in important situations
This is just quick cursory show of discrepancies.
I was able to figure out what was the correct info.

BTW, the websleuths (well respected as well run site) got the marital status of the officer right, and the CNN - “the legitimate media”got it wrong!
Hope you don’t trust CNN wholeheartedly for your information needs.
I don't even watch it, (or read it online), but thanks for your advice.

Again, websleuths, whatever it is, isn't media. It's just a forum like this one. Haven't seen much to indicate that it's respectable; I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder.

I don't see where it said that she was 40 anywhere. Maybe posters got confused because of them having the same last names.

Beginning to look like she went willingly, unless he was somehow blackmailing her, which seems very unlikely.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-03-2022 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events