Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2022, 11:20 AM

51,148 posts, read 36,837,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's very sad. I wonder what it might have been in her background, that gave her so little to live for. No hobbies, no impulse to get involved in the community in some way, to be a positive influence. Her mother (or was it her MIL) said, she was the type, who wanted to help people. V. could have expressed that by finding a charity to devote herself to, or a cause of some sort.
I don’t know if it’s true but I read in one source that she had a son die fairly recently and that her ex husband who she was still close to recently died. So maybe some kind of emotional crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 11:50 AM

22,126 posts, read 13,165,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's very sad. I wonder what it might have been in her background, that gave her so little to live for. No hobbies, no impulse to get involved in the community in some way, to be a positive influence. Her mother (or was it her MIL) said, she was the type, who wanted to help people. V. could have expressed that by finding a charity to devote herself to, or a cause of some sort.
Charities and hobbies ("keeping busy") aren't enough for some older women, especially if they're basically alone in the world with no spouse, kids, grandkids, etc. I find retirement boring as hell, personally, and possibly she would have, too. The idea that life improves for women as they age is a questionable one, at best. If it has for you, you are fortunate. But I personally don't believe in blaming and/or shaming those for whom it hasn't or doesn't.

Last edited by otterhere; 05-11-2022 at 12:36 PM..

Old 05-11-2022, 12:32 PM

5,727 posts, read 3,227,446 times
I just read an article describing some of her last words. She was shrieking "let's get out and run!" Sounds like, in the moment, she was terrified. She did not want to be caught.

(Sigh) I don't know...I'm sad for her. Sad for her mother. I can't even begin to know what she must be going through. Poor woman.

You know...I hope they do an autopsy. It occurred to me that maybe she had a terminal illness, and rather than just fade away, she'd go out in a blaze of glory...or something like that.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:01 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,502,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
I don't think she would disagree. She was prepared to die for her choice, and carried through on her resolve to die if it came to that.
I cannot even imagine being that empty and lonesome for love. Poor thing.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:06 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,232,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree, and posted on this thread that she could have lived a good life if not for this whole caper. She would have retired with a nice pension, had free time to go out, travel and would have almost 100% found somone. Theres millions of lonely people, of all shapes, looks and ages. Most can meet somone if they dont have an awful personality. She could have built a new network of friends, hobbies etc also.

I guess my point im trying to make rambling at this late hour is that she had a good foundation already, and resources to do anything but sit at home for the rest of her life. The thug certainly knew how to play her though, and while shes certainly responsible for this it just shows how lonliness can lead to very bad choices. Most of us im sure have gotten involved with someone we had doubts about, and stayed in thier company perhaps too long.

I did this at least twice in my life myself. Took a long time to mostly forget those two.
We want what we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
So, a good job and benefits are all a woman wants or needs from life? Or a man, for that matter? Count me as another who isn't surprised by what she did. ...
Second that - out of reps for you

Old 05-11-2022, 01:21 PM

15,715 posts, read 9,571,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I just read an article describing some of her last words. She was shrieking "let's get out and run!" Sounds like, in the moment, she was terrified. She did not want to be caught.

(Sigh) I don't know...I'm sad for her. Sad for her mother. I can't even begin to know what she must be going through. Poor woman.

You know...I hope they do an autopsy. It occurred to me that maybe she had a terminal illness, and rather than just fade away, she'd go out in a blaze of glory...or something like that.
They did an autopsy.

As far as the other,, Casey White said their plan was to die in a shootout. Sounds like that's why she said "let's get out and run." Not sure why he did not. I'm not sure either one coukd have gotten out of the car once it was on it's side.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 05-11-2022 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-11-2022, 01:42 PM

2,458 posts, read 3,231,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
No, he was already in prison for his 2015 crimes. He was in a TN prison, and wanted to get back to the AL lockup.

It's a complicated story, for sure.
He was in an Alabama prison.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:46 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,888,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post

For Metlakatla, this article also talks about how on Tuesday it wasn't clear that she had shot herself. The reporter says something like, "When Casey was arrested he spoke of how his 'wife' shot herself, but of course we were looking into that to verify it" or something along those lines (I have to leave for a cpr class, so I don't have time to go back and get the exact words). So there was speculation among official reporters and people like that as to if it was her or Casey who shot her. However, I believe the autopsy report has now confirmed that she did shoot herself (but for a couple days there was speculation going on).

Thanks. I was curious and Googled around and saw that yesterday. Figures it would be The Daily Mail. I wouldn't call anyone who works for that tabloid rag an official reporter.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-11-2022 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-11-2022, 01:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,888,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t know if it’s true but I read in one source that she had a son die fairly recently and that her ex husband who she was still close to recently died. So maybe some kind of emotional crisis.
Something someone read somewhere strikes again. She had no children.

Old 05-11-2022, 02:20 PM

631 posts, read 293,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
He was in an Alabama prison.
Sorry to add to the confusion. Yes, Donaldson Correctional Facility is in Alabama. His 2015 crime spree crossed the border into TN, but he was serving time in the AL prison. Not to be confused with the AL jail where Vicky W worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events