Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 07:59 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,672,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It wasn't a robbery but for some reason this idea that someone close to them - a spurned lover or whatever does not ring true to me.

Kaylee's dad thinks there is a psycho out there and I tend to agree with him. No one is safe. The psycho could very well have fixated on these kids and taken whatever pent up rage he had on these victims but the victims did not know this killer. It's possible they may have seen the killer at other venues but this was not someone that they knew or interacted with.

How did the killer know the layout of the house? There are pictures of the house on the old real estate rental listing and he had probably watched the kids coming and going, taking note of which lights turned on/off, etc. The house backed to woods and he could have been watching them from those woods.

Of course, that is just my take on this. I saw one expert who suggested that this could have been a male who could not perform sexually and used the knife to symbolically "penetrate" the victims.
I was wondering about something else. I had been assuming the perp crept up to each individual victim in their individual room, put his hand over mouth and then stabbed, so no one else was alarmed by sounds...but in the case of the 2 victims who were gf and bf, it just occurred to me that they would have been sleeping in the same bed. So I can't see how he would have killed both of them without a fight/screaming. But if there was screaming, it would have been heard since the houses are so close together.

The FBI expert I saw interviewed felt it was someone they knew, but IDK. That would explain the dog not barking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 08:03 AM

5,604 posts, read 6,531,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Many of the students are afraid to come back to campus, and many of their parents are afraid to let them. They need to be transparent and communicate with the community.
No. Too much information released gives the perp(s) too much information as well and allows him/them (yes, I am going to believe the perp is male or males) to plan a strategy to not get caught. The perp(s) does/do not need to know what law enforcement has as evidence and where they are in the solving of the crime.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:08 AM

124 posts, read 99,470 times
I remember being told by my military father while I was in undergraduate school,that nothing good happens after 12 midnight, so watch out and go home and stop partying, stop hanging out.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:08 AM

17,432 posts, read 16,608,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was wondering about something else. I had been assuming the perp crept up to each individual victim in their individual room, put his hand over mouth and then stabbed, so no one else was alarmed by sounds...but in the case of the 2 victims who were gf and bf, it just occurred to me that they would have been sleeping in the same bed. So I can't see how he would have killed both of them without a fight/screaming. But if there was screaming, it would have been heard since the houses are so close together.

The FBI expert I saw interviewed felt it was someone they knew, but IDK. That would explain the dog not barking.
The dog is a well socialized Goldendoodle who was used to a wide variety of people coming and going from that house. Not much of a guard dog. I haven't heard where the dog was in relation to the victims but it could have been downstairs with the roommates since they arrived home first. Goldendoodles love everyone and want to be with their people when they get home.

As far as the attack goes, the killer had the element of surprise and the victims had been drinking so that may have kept the noise level down.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
No. Too much information released gives the perp(s) too much information as well and allows him/them (yes, I am going to believe the perp is male or males) to plan a strategy to not get caught. The perp(s) does/do not need to know what law enforcement has as evidence and where they are in the solving of the crime.
What exactly did they give away? I'm pretty sure the perp has already planned a strategy not to get caught.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeCrossing View Post
I remember being told by my military father while I was in undergraduate school,that nothing good happens after 12 midnight, so watch out and go home and stop partying, stop hanging out.
Except they were home when it happened. They'd have been alive had they stayed out all night.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
The dog is a well socialized Goldendoodle who was used to a wide variety of people coming and going from that house. Not much of a guard dog. I haven't heard where the dog was in relation to the victims but it could have been downstairs with the roommates since they arrived home first. Goldendoodles love everyone and want to be with their people when they get home.

As far as the attack goes, the killer had the element of surprise and the victims had been drinking so that may have kept the noise level down.
yes, that makes sense if there is one person to a bedroom, but not if the couple were in the same bed.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:12 AM

5,604 posts, read 6,531,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Or he did kill them and called his own number as his alibi........

Kid doesn't look capable of killing 4 people but he did have an Iron Maiden T-shirt on.....
At 26 years old, he is not a "kid", no matter how old one is. He is a grown man.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:13 AM

124 posts, read 99,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post

Correct, but this crime is over a week old. The killer(s) aren't hanging around that small town. I would bet big money the guy/s/girl/s etc have long long blown the coop. They aren't sippin' latte or hot cocoa at the Student Union or having beers at the local pub. GONE

Old 11-21-2022, 08:17 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
It wasn't a robbery but for some reason this idea that someone close to them - a spurned lover or whatever does not ring true to me.

Kaylee's dad thinks there is a psycho out there and I tend to agree with him. No one is safe. The psycho could very well have fixated on these kids and taken whatever pent up rage he had on these victims but the victims did not know this killer. It's possible they may have seen the killer at other venues but this was not someone that they knew or interacted with.

How did the killer know the layout of the house? There are pictures of the house on the old real estate rental listing and he had probably watched the kids coming and going, taking note of which lights turned on/off, etc. The house backed to woods and he could have been watching them from those woods.

Of course, that is just my take on this. I saw one expert who suggested that this could have been a male who could not perform sexually and used the knife to symbolically "penetrate" the victims.
If it wasn't someone they knew or interacted with, how did he get into the house? Their entry code was known by a number of people, due to their house being Party Central, it's been said. Police would have to interview almost anyone and everyone they've had as guests, who knew the code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events