Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2024, 07:05 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The conspiracy noise is coming primarily from U.S. citizens.
Could you supply us with some solid information that it's America pushing conspiracy, rather than the British popular press. Not just your opinion. Some solid information.

For example..."The Daily Telegraph" has this on the front page of today's digital newspaper as its main headline: "Palace has lost control of the Princess of Wales narrative – here’s the picture that shows how some claim pictures of Kate out shopping use a body double while those who believe it is real ask why she is not back at work"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 07:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
https://pagesix.com/2024/03/18/royal...%20Six%20Daily

SUN photo shows clearly not Kate's face and this woman is shorter.
That woman doesn't look like Kate to me. We saw a pic of Kate with her mother in a car a couple days ago, and she had a puffy, round face and looked ill.

It seems totally unlikely that after months of seclusion, we'd see her out at a market looking fresh as a daisy.

I don't know what's causing her illness, or why the family won't just say what the problem is and put all this speculation to rest, unless it's a severe psychiatric break.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:38 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not the same at all, and the royals can put an end to all the speculation by being open and honest.
I don't understand why it's on them to sacrifice what little bit of privacy they have in order to satisfy the appetites of people (largely Americans) who feel entitled to every detail. There is absolutely no need for people to know what's going on with her.

Next we're going to insist on information about her ovulation cycle so we can predict when she'll next be pregnant.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't understand why it's on them to sacrifice what little bit of privacy they have in order to satisfy the appetites of people (largely Americans) who feel entitled to every detail. There is absolutely no need for people to know what's going on with her.

Next we're going to insist on information about her ovulation cycle so we can predict when she'll next be pregnant.
Because they live on the public dime. They live extremely lavish, extravagant lifestyles, on the public funds of England. They owe their people an explanation if the future queen is severely ill.

And it's certainly not Americans who only want her information. Brits do too, and they are the ones who deserve answers.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Could you supply us with some solid information that it's America pushing conspiracy, rather than the British popular press. Not just your opinion. Some solid information.

For example..."The Daily Telegraph" has this on the front page of today's digital newspaper as its main headline: "Palace has lost control of the Princess of Wales narrative – here’s the picture that shows how some claim pictures of Kate out shopping use a body double while those who believe it is real ask why she is not back at work"
Sure.

Quote:
The US, which has no royal family, is giving the princess the “celebrity-in-crisis” treatment previously seen with the likes of Britney Spears or Amanda Bynes. If not by those on social media like TikTok, the media coverage of Catherine’s every move has shown no signs of letting up.

US news outlets like the Washington Post, ABC News and NPR have even weighed in on the altered photo debacle. The Los Angeles Times likened Kate and sister-in-law Duchess of Sussex’s drama to that surrounding Diana, Princess of Wales, who dominated international news headlines in the late 80s and 90s.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...iracy-theories

That wasn't quite what I meant, though.

As far as her owing the public, British or otherwise, an explanation, I can't say it any better than this poster did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
My last contribution here. What the working royals do is essentially a job, and jobs come with sick leave and recreation leave (or whatever you call it ) In the UK the norm is about six weeks annual leave. Queen Elizabeth would essentially go on leave to Scotland every year and be away from the media.

If an ordinary person in the UK chose to use their sick leave for planned surgery and then follow it with using their six weeks annual leave to ensure a full recovery, it would be perfectly acceptable. (I do know that workers in the US are entitled to less paid leave than most other developed countries but what happens in the US is not relevant.)

I see no reason that the Princess should not be entitled to the same benefits as other workers in her country.
Without having to continually justify using them.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
My last contribution here. What the working royals do is essentially a job, and jobs come with sick leave and recreation leave (or whatever you call it ) In the UK the norm is about six weeks annual leave. Queen Elizabeth would essentially go on leave to Scotland every year and be away from the media.

If an ordinary person in the UK chose to use their sick leave for planned surgery and then follow it with using their six weeks annual leave to ensure a full recovery, it would be perfectly acceptable. (I do know that workers in the US are entitled to less paid leave than most other developed countries but what happens in the US is not relevant.)

I see no reason that the Princess should not be entitled to the same benefits as other workers in her country.
Without having to continually justify using them.
These aren't "jobs". This is a lifestyle of incredible wealth and privilege that the royals enjoy. People in private jobs, who have to take off their 6 weeks for surgery, that's a different thing. Those people don't live in a castle, the way Kate does.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Sure.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...iracy-theories

That wasn't quite what I meant, though.

As far as her owing the public, British or otherwise, an explanation, I can't say it any better than this poster did:
Well, if that's not what you meant, then I'm not sure why you posted it.

She is not being treated any differently at all than she should have expected when she 'took the job'. When I applied to become a lowly school principal, I was smart enough to know that my life was a bit in the local public spotlight...that if something went wrong at the school, it would probably be my picture in the paper...that I would be approached by parents, some angry, at the grocery store, or the mall, and elsewhere. Was Kate really so naïve? Even if she was, her prince should have set her straight about the kind of life they would lead.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Well, if that's not what you meant, then I'm not sure why you posted it.

She is not being treated any differently at all than she should have expected when she 'took the job'. When I applied to become a lowly school principal, I was smart enough to know that my life was a bit in the local public spotlight...that if something went wrong at the school, it would probably be my picture in the paper...that I would be approached by parents, some angry, at the grocery store, or the mall, and elsewhere. Was Kate really so naïve? Even if she was, her prince should have set her straight about the kind of life they would lead.

Being treated by whom? The online peanut galley? Why should Princess Catherine or anyone else pander to conspiracy theorists or to the yellow press that profits from them?

BTW, the royal family has historically enjoyed a great deal of privacy concerning their illnesses, etc., so I'm not so sure about it being something she should have expected. The public didn't even know that King George had lung cancer.

I've known many professionals in the education field and would be surprised if any of them felt that automatic disclosure about personal health concerns was just "part of the job."

It's clear that some of you won't be happy until she's dragged out in full view of the American public and made to disclose every last detail of her recent health issues. SMH. Some of you seem way too angry at this woman for...not sure what for, really, or why it's even so all-fired important that you know the details of her recent hospitalization.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Being treated by whom? The online peanut galley? Why should Princess Catherine or anyone else pander to conspiracy theorists or to the yellow press that profits from them?

BTW, the royal family has historically enjoyed a great deal of privacy concerning their illnesses, etc., so I'm not so sure about it being something she should have expected. The public didn't even know that King George had lung cancer.

I've known many professionals in the education field and would be surprised if any of them felt that automatic disclosure about personal health concerns was just "part of the job."

It's clear that some of you won't be happy until she's dragged out in full view of the American public and made to disclose every last detail of her recent health issues. SMH. Some of you seem way too angry at this woman for...not sure what for, really, or why it's even so all-fired important that you know the details of her recent hospitalization.
King George...you're talking about 3/4 of a century ago. Life has changed with the internet.

Who's angry? People are frustrated that all the royal family's advisors who are paid to do a job screwed up. But all you have to do to be satisfied is stop reading and looking at the media. So go do that.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:33 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
These aren't "jobs". This is a lifestyle of incredible wealth and privilege that the royals enjoy. People in private jobs, who have to take off their 6 weeks for surgery, that's a different thing. Those people don't live in a castle, the way Kate does.

Agree.

I was just on page six, there's an article that says even her closest staff were not told about her surgery, they found out with the rest of the world. It's strange that an "abdominal surgery" would need two weeks in a hospital. In 2001 had my lower back fused, they went in on my left abdomen, even I was discharged after 24 hours. Same when I had a bigger surgery in 2006 after the fusion failed; they went in through my back. Discharged before 24 hours. It took a while to heal from the first surgery but I was down longer with my 2nd surgery. I didn't drive for 6 months.

It is weird since Charles shared he was diagnosed with cancer, but did not specify which one, just that it was found when checking out his prostate issue.

Kate Middleton’s senior staffers reportedly haven’t seen or spoken to her since mysterious surgery: ‘Shroud of secrecy’

Quote:
The plot thickens.

Some of Kate Middleton’s senior staffers have reportedly not been in contact with her amid growing concern for the Princess of Wales’ well-being.

“A few of Kate’s senior staffers haven’t been able to see or speak to her, and they didn’t even know about the surgery until it was announced, so it’s caught them off guard,” a source told Us Weekly Wednesday.

“Only a few people know what’s really going on, and they’re tight-lipped.”

In January, Kensington Palace released a surprising statement that said Middleton, 42, was having a “planned abdominal surgery” and that she would remain in the hospital for up to two weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events