Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2024, 12:49 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
HUh? She's out walking in a crowded, public place with what could be all kinds of people, with flu, colds etc. Just walking in a market place, willy-nilly. No. I can see if she is with a group of her family members in a home but not just walking around in public.
That wasn't her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 12:52 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this news. What are the odds that two key members of the Royal family would be diagnosed with cancer so close together. William must be feeling so overwhelmed right now, my heart really goes out to him.

Kate looks beautiful as always and I wish her a full and speedy recovery. She definitely needs to put her energy and focus on her health and family right now just as she's been doing. I hope people will back off and give her the space and privacy she needs.
I lost 2 family members within 3 months from Cancer, & the count goes way higher if I take the count over a few years. Cancer hits all families.
But I wish Kate well & I hope the media gives her some space.

Old 03-22-2024, 01:25 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
I'm glad that she finally addressed her health by sharing she was also diagnosed with cancer.

It sounds like it was caught early. Hopefully her treatment is not a chemo that will make her hair fall out. So many new therapies in the US, I'm unsure of what the UK has.

I feel so bad for William and the kids, their mother and grandfather both fighting cancers at the same time.

Old 03-22-2024, 01:33 PM

6,786 posts, read 4,224,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm glad that she finally addressed her health by sharing she was also diagnosed with cancer.

It sounds like it was caught early. Hopefully her treatment is not a chemo that will make her hair fall out. So many new therapies in the US, I'm unsure of what the UK has.

I feel so bad for William and the kids, their mother and grandfather both fighting cancers at the same time.

I think it's very unfortunate that they were essentially bullied into sharing something so personal with the world media. I'm sure given William's past experience with tabloid media intruding on his most personal life experiences, this won't make the journey any easier to handle.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:07 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
I’m just a common idiot casual observer from far away, but I always had the impression that she is a real lady with class, sorely needed in the world. I just read the report from Reuters and I cried my eyes out.

I don’t care what they say, this does not look good.

We lose too many women in the prime of their lives. This sucks.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:22 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
I'm really sorry to hear this; I'm also glad that they were finally open and honest because everyone wants to support Princess Catherine. As someone who has gone through two separate cancer treatments, both including surgery and chemotherapy (at ages 39 and 45), I can say that cancer is certainly not always a death sentence. I'm also glad that she spoke out in support of other people who have or have had cancer. This is the right thing for someone in her public position to do.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was probably a gynaecologic cancer and that the planned surgery was a hysterectomy for other issues, with cancer as a secondary finding. She stated that she was having "preventative" chemotherapy which also means that the cancer has not spread. That is all good news.

Chemo is not as bad as it used to be, and not as bad as many people who have never had it assume it must be. Catherine will probably feel obliged to be "extra careful" because of her position, but I'm going to assume from my own experience that she will be feeling physically OK most of the time and there is no real reason for her not to be out with her children, shopping, exercising, etc.

Speaking for myself, with the exception of about three days after each chemo infusion when I was on the couch (a total of 8 rounds of chemo when both diagnoses are combined), I fully cared for my children (who were 3, 5, and 9 at the time of my first diagnosis) and ran the household. And I was fully cured, both times. I wish the same for Catherine as well.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:28 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this; I'm also glad that they were finally open and honest because everyone wants to support Princess Catherine. As someone who has gone through two separate cancer treatments, both including surgery and chemotherapy (at ages 39 and 45), I can say that cancer is certainly not always a death sentence. I'm also glad that she spoke out in support of other people who have or have had cancer. This is the right thing for someone in her public position to do.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was probably a gynaecologic cancer and that the planned surgery was a hysterectomy for other issues, with cancer as a secondary finding. She stated that she was having "preventative" chemotherapy which also means that the cancer has not spread. That is all good news.

Chemo is not as bad as it used to be, and not as bad as many people who have never had it assume it must be. Catherine will probably feel obliged to be "extra careful" because of her position, but I'm going to assume from my own experience that she will be feeling physically OK most of the time and there is no real reason for her not to be out with her children, shopping, exercising, etc.

Speaking for myself, with the exception of about three days after each chemo infusion when I was on the couch (a total of 8 rounds of chemo when both diagnoses are combined), I fully cared for my children (who were 3, 5, and 9 at the time of my first diagnosis) and ran the household. And I was fully cured, both times. I wish the same for Catherine as well.
Thank for sharing your story, it gives hope in the case of the princess, Godspeed to you both.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:38 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Saw this and thought y'all would enjoy it!
not really funny is it..

Old 03-22-2024, 02:59 PM

2,025 posts, read 3,345,213 times
My sister was on chemo many times and went everywhere. They check your blood count and let you know what you can do. She even traveled (and flew) in between treatments.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Yes, very scary for her and her family. Due to this her immune system is highly compromised so she should NOT be out of the public.

Which makes the person with William at the market obviously not her if she is undergoing chemo.
Stop it, that wasn't them. Looked nothing like William,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events