Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2024, 02:48 AM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Extremely sad news. I think Kate was forced to get it out there after the medical records breach.
Not a "breach" per se; but a trio employed at private hospital where The Princess of Wales was being treated looked up her records.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-records.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 02:51 AM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times
From the Atlantic:

I Hope You All Feel Terrible Now

How the internet—and Stephen Colbert—hounded Kate Middleton into revealing her diagnosis

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...cement/677863/

Old 03-23-2024, 05:58 AM

16,324 posts, read 8,150,917 times
I mean if you're in the public eye like that why hide a health issue like cancer ? I can see hiding drug addiction or alcoholism but why hide cancer ? Part of me can understand not wanting the extra attention but she already has that attention. Anything she does people are watching. I hate to say she chose that life but she knew what she was getting into. Cancer is unfortunately very common but doesn't have to be a death sentence. I don't know why people try to hide it.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:15 AM

2,215 posts, read 1,321,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean if you're in the public eye like that why hide a health issue like cancer ? I can see hiding drug addiction or alcoholism but why hide cancer ? Part of me can understand not wanting the extra attention but she already has that attention. Anything she does people are watching. I hate to say she chose that life but she knew what she was getting into. Cancer is unfortunately very common but doesn't have to be a death sentence. I don't know why people try to hide it.
She explained that it took times to recover from her surgery, before starting on chemotherapy, and to gently break the bad news to her very young children. Yorktowngirl has shared the Princess of Wales' message that you can read here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/66560926-post20.html

Old 03-23-2024, 06:18 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Default Princess of Wales Announces Cancer Diagnosis

I haven's participated in such threads as Kate's disappearance from public duties had become the source of a lot of often malicious rumours and controversy.

In recent weeks I have seen all kinds of nonsense from both the MSM and in relation to social media, and hopefully this statement from Kate that is being broadcast across the globe can now not put an end to a lot of this unfounded and often cruel speculation.

I wish the Princess of Wales all the best in relation to her treatment and wish her a speedy and full recovery.

In a video message released on Friday, Catherine spoke of how her condition was discovered after she underwent major abdominal surgery in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jE1j_KOZk

Kate cancer diagnosis rewrites story of past weeks - BBC News (24th March 2024)

Cancer charities praise ‘brave’ Princess of Wales for speaking about her diagnosis - The Guardian (24th March 2024)

King Charles hails Kate's courage after cancer news - BBC News (23rd March 2024)

Catherine, Princess of Wales: I am having treatment for cancer - The Telegraph (23rd March 2024)

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-23-2024 at 07:24 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 06:20 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Just stop it with this nonsense of what she should and shouldn't have done....the correct spelling of her name or even what we should call her.

She explained why this was kept under wraps, but it appears many of you didn't even see the statement.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:22 AM

16,324 posts, read 8,150,917 times
I can understand wanting to be careful with what her kids know

Old 03-23-2024, 06:41 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Yes, very scary for her and her family. Due to this her immune system is highly compromised so she should NOT be out of the public.

Which makes the person with William at the market obviously not her if she is undergoing chemo.
Just because she’s undergoing chemo, doesn’t mean she can’t go out and shop. Most people get chemo on an outpatient basis and continue to live their lives. We get elderly patients undergoing chemo and they still can come to the therapy gym and exercise. And my brother underwent chemo when he was 25, and he wasn’t bedridden or anything he still lived his life. There’s no reason to think that wasn’t her. She said she’s in the very beginning of the treatments.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:46 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
She answered that. She said they had not fully explained it to their children yet. You’re not gonna come on TV in and put out something publicly before your own children know. Those kids are old enough to read, and once she comes out publicly there’s going to be all kinds of stories speculating if she’ll die, etc.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:55 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
From the Atlantic:

I Hope You All Feel Terrible Now

How the internet—and Stephen Colbert—hounded Kate Middleton into revealing her diagnosis

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...cement/677863/
But they won't feel terrible because for them, it's all about money and attention and I very much doubt Stephen Colbert has much of a conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events