Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2024, 08:40 PM

133 posts, read 39,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Stop being so negative. You have no idea.
Don't you tell me what to do.

I think she's a goner personally, sorry. It's horrible but I don't know the woman nor care about England or the monarchy... so burn me at the state. People fight horrendous cancer every day.

The whole thing sounds really bad and of course we don't know the full extent.

I just hope she has American oncologists, they'd have to go there to the UK secretly I would imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 08:46 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_in_time View Post

I think she's a goner personally, sorry. It's horrible but I don't know the woman nor care about England or the monarchy... so burn me at the state. People fight horrendous cancer every day.

I just hope she has American oncologists, they'd have to go there to the UK secretly I would imagine.
Ok armchair oncologist

Old 03-23-2024, 08:57 PM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
People are so critical of how Kate looks. She's beautiful. Like any woman she is getting older...she has 3 young kids and now she has cancer. She's probably not going to be looking her best at the moment but she's is gorgeous and has impeccable taste. It seems like any time a celebrity woman shows the slightest bit of aging people are all over them.
I couldn't rep you again, but I want to say that I completely agree with what you wrote -- and especially in this case. I think now that most of the truth is known, that people should just find something else to occupy their time -- and that includes myself, of course.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:59 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_in_time View Post

I do not get the caustic tone of this post. Cancer for someone in their thirties is a tragedy, not an occasion for mockery. Please, a little humanity goes a long way. I write this not as a personal criticism of you since hard type can come across as, well, hard or harsh.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:06 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
very odd outlook that poster has...and these usually aren't the things you say about someone when they get this type of diagnosis. Everyone knows it's a bad diagnosis...but does not mean she's a 'goner'. Sheesh.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:09 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
very odd outlook that poster has...and these usually aren't the things you say about someone when they get this type of diagnosis. Everyone knows it's a bad diagnosis...but does not mean she's a 'goner'. Sheesh.
I had a great aunt who had pretty radical surgery in the 1940's for something in the digestive tract. It recurred and she did die....in 1973. Most of the years in between were pretty good. I had another friend whose father had non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 1980. It killed him...in 2010.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:55 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I do not get the caustic tone of this post. Cancer for someone in their thirties is a tragedy, not an occasion for mockery. Please, a little humanity goes a long way. I write this not as a personal criticism of you since hard type can come across as, well, hard or harsh.
I agree.

I listened to several medical experts, and assuming all is as reported, sounds more preventative than terminal. I hope the best for her. She's delightful.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:56 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
People are so critical of how Kate looks. She's beautiful. Like any woman she is getting older...she has 3 young kids and now she has cancer. She's probably not going to be looking her best at the moment but she's is gorgeous and has impeccable taste. It seems like any time a celebrity woman shows the slightest bit of aging people are all over them.
Facts. I thought she looked remarkably well with minimal or no make up. She's a natural beauty.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:14 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Facts. I thought she looked remarkably well with minimal or no make up. She's a natural beauty.
I agree.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:25 PM

133 posts, read 39,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
She's 42. I was not mocking anything.

Do I know her personally? Do I care about her? Is she any part of my life? Am I any part of hers?

Sorry being so pragmatic offends some... of course I'm rooting for her. But I really don't care, or won't lose sleep at least.

Quote:
The second Alex Trebeck got sick I said the same thing.

I have said like 30 times how lovely she is and I'm rooting for her. But yeah, based on what I know I think she's a goner..

I'm sorry I don't bust out violins for celebrities, they are no different than us.

I hope she has a speedy recovery, just like every single other human being afflicted with such a terrible disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events