Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:56 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,260,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Wrong.

From the USCIS:

"U.S. citizens who want their relatives to immigrate to the United States can file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for their spouse, children and if the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old, their parents and brothers or sisters."

This form I-130 does not grant citizenship. It makes one eligible for a green card, which will take another year or so processing time to complete. From that point on, it will be another five years before the parents become eligible to apply for citizenship, which can take another year or so processing time. There are lots of rules that can make one ineligible (residency rules, passing the test, "moral turpitude", mistakes on the numerous application packages...).

Somehow this is rarely discussed. The agenda is to yell "terrorist anchor babies" and BAM the brown wave will just DROWN everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I was wrong, It's 21 instead of 18... big deal. It's not like it happens on the spot, that's the point I was trying to get across.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM

912 posts, read 1,888,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Things change. Times change. Everyone will adjust to change and be fine. If you're not able to adjust, well, you're going to have problems anywhere you go because there aren't places immune from change. Dallas will be just fine 50 years from now.
Exactly, and one of the ways people adjust to change is by moving away. One way cities adjust to change is they become shells of their former selves by losing population and becoming Detroit.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Sorry, but I hope that the future of Dallas is not looking like Mexico City.

This is America, this is Texas, and this is Dallas. I don't give a dang if this use to be a part of Mexico. Every country use to be a part of another country. Key word, use to be. I don't care if we have a zillion people from Mexico or Latin America or Iraq here, this is America, if you expect to live here, learn to use the language and don't expect me to have to learn to use your language and/or provide interpreters for you to go to vote, or go to hospitals, or any other governmental services, or contact your bank.

America is unique, we should accept everyone legally, and yes it is a melting pot and thank God for that! But melt dang it!

Would you like it for the future of Mexico City to be like Dallas in the 1940s with a lot of white people speaking English?
Mexico just pretended to own Tejas. Actually, the real people who owned Texas were the Comanches. When the Comanches wanted something from Mexico, they just took it. That is why the Anglos were invited to live in Texas so they could become a buffer zone between the Comanche and Mexico. And the already existing brown skinned Texicans didn't want any part of Mexico. Lest we forget, Texas was the only state of three who won their independence from Mexico.
Why didn't Spain proceed up north to conquer the United States and Canada when it was, by far, the most powerful nation on earth? Well, because on their way to do so they ran across and were destroyed by a Comanche army with a 65,000 man calvery.
When looking back on History, one can make the argument that God just doesn't want Mexico or anything Hispanic anywhere inside the United States. Now, Hispanics are welcome here. Just don't bring the tyranny with you.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Exactly, and one of the ways people adjust to change is by moving away. One way cities adjust to change is they become shells of their former selves by losing population and becoming Detroit.
Dallas wont become Detroit because our economy is much more diverse.

Either way, Dallas will be at least 60% Hispanic in 15 years. It doesnt matter. Its not a big deal.

The fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Dallas growth is not from white people. Its from Hispanics.

Take a glimpse into Dallas and DFW's future:

DFW Metropolitan Area Demographics

Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Dallas wont become Detroit because our economy is much more diverse.

Either way, Dallas will be at least 60% Hispanic in 15 years. It doesnt matter. Its not a big deal.

The fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Dallas growth is not from white people. Its from Hispanics.

Take a glimpse into Dallas and DFW's future:

DFW Metropolitan Area Demographics
I don't think its a big deal. But we like to live at peace with our own kinds because even little deals can cause us a lot of stress. Personally, I find Hispanic people to be too contemptible towards the law. Paradoxically, they get this tendency from Spain, a nation of Anglos.
You know, perhaps you should stop acting superior and start pondering the possibility that I might be more sophisticated than you.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:38 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,740,073 times
Quote:
Of course, the city of Dallas is just a portion of the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
I foresee Anglos in the future fleeing from the city of Houston and the northern part of the city of San Antonio to the areas of Austin and the Dallas - Fort Worth just as they are now fleeing from California to the west in places like Arizona and Nevada and north to places like Oregon and Washington. While these areas in Texas also have large Hispanic populations, their ambience takes on more of an Anglo culture than a Hispanic one.
No offense but that is the most idiotic post I have seen. California anglos are not moving to Arizona and Nevada because they lack a latino presence. They are moving there because of jobs and lower cost of living. Heck Phoenix by itself has the fourth highest population of Mexicans and Mexican Americans in the U.S. Likewise Texas anglos are not going to move to Austin or DFW because of a domineering Latino presence in Houston and San Antonio. Especially since Texas as a whole is a minority majority state and that DFW by itself has a large and rapidly growing hispanic population along with Austin.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:17 AM

216 posts, read 444,536 times
Quote:
I don't think its a big deal. But we like to live at peace with our own kinds because even little deals can cause us a lot of stress. Personally, I find Hispanic people to be too contemptible towards the law. Paradoxically, they get this tendency from Spain, a nation of Anglos.
You know, perhaps you should stop acting superior and start pondering the possibility that I might be more sophisticated than you.
While I'm not going to get into a debate on Hispanic crime rates, I just want to clarify that the Spanish are not Anglos. In fact, the term "Anglo" as in "Anglo-American" is often misused on a regular basis in this country for anyone who's white. Anglos are people whose bloodlines descend directly from the British Isles, which going back even further descended from the Angles, a tribe of northern Germanic people. Anglia is the Latin term for England, which means "Land of the Angles," aka Anglos.

While also white, the Spanish are not Anglos, they are, obviously, Spaniards.

Feel free to jump back on topic now.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Yes I was wrong, It's 21 instead of 18... big deal. It's not like it happens on the spot, that's the point I was trying to get across.
21 -> may be possible to sponsor for permanent residency, which is a far cry from citizenship like you said. But I guess no big deal (I know, the real situation supports the point you made, but still I believe that people should know the law when discussing something that super-charged).

Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,771 times
Quote:
I might be more sophisticated than you.
LOL with your weird theories like clay that mutates because of some magical properties ?!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
What? Thats a bit racist. I dont think we can say that Hispanics in the US have any more contempt for the law than any other race. Contempt for the law is more connected to socio-economic status than race.

I dont think Im superior to anyone. I am pondering the possibility that you may be from the Moon or perhaps Mars. Some of your reasoning is out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas