Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 PM

912 posts, read 1,888,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Explain the explosive Hispanic growth rate in the Metroplex. Also explain the explosive domestic growth rate in Greater Houston. These are indisputable facts.

Im interested to know how you can and still believe some of the things you have posted.
It generally takes an act of reproduction to increase the overall growth rate. Too much fun could explain why an explosive domestic growth rate might happen. I don't know, I've never been much good at reproducing myself. Please, enlighten me.
In regards to how many illegals live in Houston and Dallas - Fort Worth? I don't know. Does anyone know? What is the criterion for taking the census count? To encourage them to come forward to be counted, they are told that they can't be prosecuted, right? I've heard Houston has an estimated 200,000 to 500,000 illegal aliens. Maybe more.
You tell me.
Do you speak Spanish? I took four years of Spanish Grammar in college myself. I know how to conjugate the vowels fairly well. My ex was a Mexican National while my two sons are bilingual speaking both English and Spanish.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Brilliant post full of win. It's good to see the voices of the conscious be heard on this wal-mart ass board. When you're awake and seeing what's really going on, it's hard for the unwashed simpletons to comprehend.
Classic rhetoric.
Question. How does a nation go about keeping its food supply clean? And how does a nation keep poison from being added to imported dog food thus killing our pets? In order to keep these things clean without any poison in them, people need to obey the rules, regulations and laws. By tradition, Hispanic people are rebellious against these.
You know, I complained to a Hispanic employee working in a grocery store about insects crawling around in a recently bought package of rice I purchased. She didn't apologize but told me it was free meat. Look, it would have been better if she said nothing. The indigenous Mexican culture sees nothing wrong with eating bugs while our Puritan culture attempts to keep them out of the food.
Now, as I often times like to think of myself as tough like Rambo or a Navy Seal, I could mentally psyche myself into eating bugs. But we just aren't a bug eating society.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Take a look at the Catholic religion. Most places where it has a dominate influence there exists stark poverty ....
C'mon Nif - we're not all that poor - we just minister to the poor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Image-Charlemagne-by-Durer.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
C'mon Nif - we're not all that poor - we just minister to the poor.

Indeed, it does look like a few live rather nicely in the Catholic religion.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
It generally takes an act of reproduction to increase the overall growth rate. Too much fun could explain why an explosive domestic growth rate might happen. I don't know, I've never been much good at reproducing myself. Please, enlighten me.
In regards to how many illegals live in Houston and Dallas - Fort Worth? I don't know. Does anyone know? What is the criterion for taking the census count? To encourage them to come forward to be counted, they are told that they can't be prosecuted, right? I've heard Houston has an estimated 200,000 to 500,000 illegal aliens. Maybe more.
You tell me.
There is no measurement system for measuring illegals. However, estimates between the number of illegals in both DFW and Houston are pretty comparable (around half a million in both DFW and Greater Houston).

People trip out about it, but I dont care.

The bottom line is that Dallas and DFW is not this great white paradise you are making out to be. If you think so, you have never been here. I would not want it to be that either. As of 2007, the DFW Metroplex is 27.5% Hispanic (the Dallas side including Collin and Denton counties is 30.5%), by 2012 the metroplex will be 31% Hispanic.

People fleeing Houston to DFW to get away from Hispanics (or illegals) is downright dumb. Thats like moving from Finland to Norway to escape the cold weather.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM

731 posts, read 1,368,522 times
Los Angeles is already a bit like Mexico City. You have the super rich, and you have everyone else living basically hand to mouth.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
There is no measurement system for measuring illegals. However, estimates between the number of illegals in both DFW and Houston are pretty comparable (around half a million in both DFW and Greater Houston).

People trip out about it, but I dont care.

The bottom line is that Dallas and DFW is not this great white paradise you are making out to be. If you think so, you have never been here. I would not want it to be that either. As of 2007, the DFW Metroplex is 27.5% Hispanic (the Dallas side including Collin and Denton counties is 30.5%), by 2012 the metroplex will be 31% Hispanic.

People fleeing Houston to DFW to get away from Hispanics (or illegals) is downright dumb. Thats like moving from Finland to Norway to escape the cold weather.
I never said anything about a great white paradise. Where did that come up? I think that is your conscience projecting outwardly. Please, tell us more about this so-called great white paradise? While doing so, please make yourself comfortable by laying down on a couch.
And, I might add, no one cares about whether you care or not. See, you always say that you don't care. Now, me, I do care. I am a firm believer that we should value our cookie. I wear my clothes firmly, hitching up my pants, and tightening up my belt. However, if by chance I someday manage to win the lottery, I also won't care. See, I am only human. I think this is why the Lord never lets me win the lottery. Shoot, I don't even match one of the numbers even.
Oh. I think I know why you say "the great white paradise." See, I use to be a boyscout. I think there is something deep in you that knows such people are good to have around if your children ever get in trouble on a dark road. But, you know, we no longer compete at being straight, righteous, and all those other positive aspects mentioned in the boyscout motto.
I never call anyone dumb because of the learning curve involved with thinking on ones feet. In other words, I never understand things in real time. It takes a while to mull things over.
Once again, the reason for the Anglo migration north and east isn't to get away from Hispanics, but to get away from the unimpeded invasion coming across our border by illegal aliens. This isn't happening because of Texas, but, forgive the analogy, it is happening because powerful people in Washington DC are spreading our legs open for us inviting all to come in.
Look, locusts are as gentle and harmless as grasshoppers as long as their numbers are reasonable. However, when their numbers become too great for the land supporting them, they take on a physical metamorphis. That's right. When there are too many locusts in a certain area, they change into the horrible pests that swarm by the trillions. These monsters eat every green thing in sight. When they die, their numbers wash into the rivers and poison the fish. The rivers empty into the oceans and poison them.
And this isn't pollution?
Eventually, as their numbers increase, there will be no reason for illegal aliens to speak English. Houston is a lost cause in my opinion as is the northern portion of San Antonio.
You see, as these illegal aliens continue multiplying and advancing into our nation, I predict Anglos and African Americans will pick up and flee. At the same time, the illegals living in Austin and Dallas - Fort Worth will find it more convenient to move back down to live with their own kinds and cultures in a new little Mexico.
I think it is this last point that you don't understand. For a while, a cultural line is going to be drawn between Austin and Dallas - Fort Worth in the north, and San Antonio and Houston in the south. This line already exists to a degree. In the future, it will become even more distinctive.
You know, we are put here to be happy. While we are happiest being with our own kind, as you like to say, thinking that you know something that I don't, we need to transcend family orientation. Hispanics are family oriented. This is going backwards.
We need to close our border to the poison coming across the border from Mexico. We need to snug up our pants. We need to tighten our belts, value the lightning this nation has in a bottle, and begin to encourage our children to value their cookies. We have a lot of work to do in putting the pieces back together.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 09-24-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: tweak

Old 09-24-2010, 12:17 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
Eventually, as their numbers increase, there will be no reason for illegal aliens to speak English. Houston is a lost cause in my opinion as is the northern portion of San Antonio.
You see, as these illegal aliens continue multiplying and advancing into our nation, I predict Anglos and African Americans will pick up and flee. At the same time, the illegals living in Austin and Dallas - Fort Worth will find it more convenient to move back down to live with their own kinds and cultures in a new little Mexico.
I think it is this last point that you don't understand. For a while, a cultural line is going to be drawn between Austin and Dallas - Fort Worth in the north, and San Antonio and Austin in the south. This line already exists to a degree. In the future, it will become even more distinctive.
You know, we are put here to be happy. While we are happiest being with our own kind, as you like to say, thinking that you know something that I don't, we need to transcend family orientation. Hispanics are family oriented. This is going backwards.
We need to close our border to the poison coming across the border from Mexico. We need to snug up our pants. We need to tighten our belts, value the lightning this nation has in a bottle, and begin to encourage our children to value their cookies. We have a lot of work to do in putting the pieces back together.
I for one am not happiest with my own kind. I am happiest when there are people of all walks of life around me. The idea of being around nothing but white or middle eastern (which I am) people would cause me to pick up my stuff and leave to a new place.

Your idea about Mexicans leaving Dallas and Austin is just wrong. I dont know how else to say it. Its just wrong. You think that in a metro area of 1.8 million Hispanics they need to leave???? Man thats so far from reality. By 2012, 1 in 3 people in the Metroplex will be Hispanic (and yes a lot will be illegal).

You have it backward, Dallas is already a little Mexico. Numbers dont lie and the numbers clearly state that DFW is getting more Hispanic faster than any other metro in the US.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8728742/DF...a-Demographics

Dallas is NOT going to get whiter. It just isnt. The future of DFW is a much more Hispanic one. White people who dont want to be around that and want to move will have to go further north. Want to know what Dallas' future is? Look at Los Angeles (with fewer Asians). Hispanics will flood in, black and white people will move to the burbs and to the gentrified areas of the city of Dallas (like uptown, Knox-Henderson, and Bishop Arts). Asians will stay in the burbs because they were already there.

Why on earth would Hispanics have to go to Houston which is at best slightly more Tejano?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Los Angeles is already a bit like Mexico City. You have the super rich, and you have everyone else living basically hand to mouth.
In a game of economical musical chairs, the lawyers win everytime. The burden of our Founding Fathers was to have these lawyers serving the people as a necessary evil to the benefit of all.
While it looks like they do, the super rich don't own this nation, but the powerful do. The powerful don't need money. They can just print up whatever they need.
In order for him to throw out the Mexican Constitution and to abolish Congress, Santa Anna the dictator had to set up an Aristocracy for his own protection. This action parcelled up the Mexican people's property to a select few powerful families establishing Mexico as an old world tyranny. Our own worst enemy sits just to the south of our border and yet the Washington leaders hobnob with them all to the suffering of the vast majority of people in both Mexico and in the United States.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I for one am not happiest with my own kind. I am happiest when there are people of all walks of life around me. The idea of being around nothing but white or middle eastern (which I am) people would cause me to pick up my stuff and leave to a new place.

Your idea about Mexicans leaving Dallas and Austin is just wrong. I dont know how else to say it. Its just wrong. You think that in a metro area of 1.8 million Hispanics they need to leave???? Man thats so far from reality. By 2012, 1 in 3 people in the Metroplex will be Hispanic (and yes a lot will be illegal).

You have it backward, Dallas is already a little Mexico. Numbers dont lie and the numbers clearly state that DFW is getting more Hispanic faster than any other metro in the US.

DFW Metropolitan Area Demographics

Dallas is NOT going to get whiter. It just isnt. The future of DFW is a much more Hispanic one. White people who dont want to be around that and want to move will have to go further north. Want to know what Dallas' future is? Look at Los Angeles (with fewer Asians). Hispanics will flood in, black and white people will move to the burbs and to the gentrified areas of the city of Dallas (like uptown, Knox-Henderson, and Bishop Arts). Asians will stay in the burbs because they were already there.

Why on earth would Hispanics have to go to Houston which is at best slightly more Tejano?
We are different. As you seem to be a sophisticate, I'm more of a philosopher. I happen to believe there does exist self evident and unalienable truths. These taken together culminate into a political natural law. This natural law supercedes all past traditions, every future event yet to occur, as well as the inferior cultures of every race, creed, and color. In other words, I place the importance of my European culture second to the importance of the natural law declared by my Founding Fathers.
The difference between an Empire and a Republic depends on a balance of power between the Federal government and the individual states. As the states have lost their power, Washington DC has become more like Rome. Yes, we are living in the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire fell apart because those living in Rome quit burdening themselves with protecting their far flung borders.
As an American, I believe an inferior system exists on the other side of our border on the side of Mexico. This is why I choose to remain on this side of the border from it.
Anyway, all this substantiates why a massive migration will occur in the future along the border of the United States. Hispanics will not be fleeing to the north and Anglos to the south as Hispanic culture exists south towards Mexico and Anglo Culture exists towards the north. I base my opinion on this simple fact. As Houston is south of Dallas, Austin is north of San Antonio.
I'm not thinking in terms of making anyone do anything. I'm thinking about what people will do in order to be able to communicate with each other. Why learn English in Dallas - Fort Worth when one can move to Houston to speak Spanish as the dominate language? At the same time, this is reason why Anglos will be moving north so that they won't have to learn Spanish.

Last edited by Mister Nifty; 09-24-2010 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: tweaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas