Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM

111 posts, read 150,088 times

Advertisements

@LAnative
Mexicana de Aviacion went bankrupt, cancelled many flights and connections from MEX to the US, American Airlines is stepping in and bought some slots.

End of story.

Dallas resembling Mexico City:
Seems to be some latinos' wet dream

If you want:

terrible infrastructure
terrible corruption
terrible traffic
terrible air quality
terrible airports
terrible sanitation
terrible centralization (for every s**t you have to go there from all over the country to get it done)

please do it - but go to live in MC, not Dallas.

I've been living in central Mexico for some time and know MC very well - you guys are dreaming about something that is just too far away from reality.

Somebody posted Mexico city will be better off than Dallas.

Yeah, of course:

Mexico has a lack of internationally known brands,
lack of competive large companies who do NOT assemble stuff invented by americans, europeans, koreans and japanese,
lack of research and development in general,
lack of efficient management abilities on a world scale (management compares itself to the US at best-they will go down the same drain),
lack of work ethic in professional environments (impose proper planning, doing things right at first attempt, no constant robbery and steal attempts performed at customers expense),
lack of customer service (seems to be inexistant, as well as after sale service)
lack of integrity in business (value of the word, honouring contracts, apply sense of urgency)
and an average IQ of 87

I'm convinced the US will go down - to standards of living like the 1930s, 40s, 50s,
but Mexico will go down with them - there is absolutely no way out.

And don't even get me started on the current drug violence problem down here.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
So you wish to segregate the Mexican community so that Dallas and Austin will be dominated by white culute? Not happening.

Nifty, its time for you to deal with reality instead of living in a fantasy. Dallas and DFW are becoming more Hispanic faster than anywhere else in the state. Numbers, facts, and data prove it. It is not changing.

Deal with it.
Look, I don't know you. You have shown your true colors in every post you present in here that your opinions are quite tolerant, loose, and promiscuous regarding all matters in general. Like I said, ain't nobody getting this cookie.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 AM

744 posts, read 1,848,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecis View Post
@LAnative
Mexicana de Aviacion went bankrupt, cancelled many flights and connections from MEX to the US, American Airlines is stepping in and bought some slots.

End of story.

Dallas resembling Mexico City:
Seems to be some latinos' wet dream

If you want:

terrible infrastructure
terrible corruption
terrible traffic
terrible air quality
terrible airports
terrible sanitation
terrible centralization (for every s**t you have to go there from all over the country to get it done)

please do it - but go to live in MC, not Dallas.

I've been living in central Mexico for some time and know MC very well - you guys are dreaming about something that is just too far away from reality.

Somebody posted Mexico city will be better off than Dallas.

Yeah, of course:

Mexico has a lack of internationally known brands,
lack of competive large companies who do NOT assemble stuff invented by americans, europeans, koreans and japanese,
lack of research and development in general,
lack of efficient management abilities on a world scale (management compares itself to the US at best-they will go down the same drain),
lack of work ethic in professional environments (impose proper planning, doing things right at first attempt, no constant robbery and steal attempts performed at customers expense),
lack of customer service (seems to be inexistant, as well as after sale service)
lack of integrity in business (value of the word, honouring contracts, apply sense of urgency)
and an average IQ of 87

I'm convinced the US will go down - to standards of living like the 1930s, 40s, 50s,
but Mexico will go down with them - there is absolutely no way out.

And don't even get me started on the current drug violence problem down here.
The 50s had a good standard of living.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 AM

744 posts, read 1,848,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Most legal Hispanics I know are also against illegal immigration. That barndoor has been open way to long and neither party is going to send cheap labor back across the border. The sooner we face this fact the better off we will be. The question becomes what is the best way to allow amnesty to them because this will be the only option.

Well giving them all amnesty would be stupid. We must deport the criminal ones and we must do something to secure our borders. According to the Constitution it is the governments job to protect its citizens from invasion.

Last edited by brajohns81; 09-28-2010 at 02:07 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Texas has no state income tax. Illegal immigrants pay sales and property taxes through rent. Despite popular belief, many to most pay federal income taxes. Its better to believe otherwise though, I guess
lol That's not true. It is well known that many illegals work for money under the table. Legals would pay those Federal taxes had those jobs not been stolen by the thieving illegals and the thieves who hire them. Some of the legals who lost their jobs now take away from the system having to get government support. It's BEST to believe the truth, I know.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:53 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
In time, all US cities will resemble Mexico.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecis View Post
@LAnative

End of story.
Not quite. MX only flew twice a day from DFW to Mexico City. The expansion covers a lot more than that. The DFW-MEX flights were operated by the Airbus 318. That plane seats 100 passengers. That is a total of 200 seats that were taken from the DFW-Mexico market. AA added an around 400 seats to the DFW-Mexico market with this expansion. I am also told that more DFW-Mexico flights could be on the way. I know Morelia, Zacatecas, Merida, and Toluca are being looked at.

I work in the airline insusty and I do have access to YOY numbers. Fact is that DFW is the fastest growing air market to Mexico based on O&D traffic. That is a fact. That does tie back into the conversation. Ties between the Metroplex are growing. Of course, airlines dont start new flights based on VFR traffic, so the ties that are growing are business and other high yield ties.

So in conclusion, Mexicana going under is only one piece of the puzzle. If this expansion were from Chicago or Los Angeles, I might agree it is the only reason because Mexicana had a much larger presence there. But Mexicana was a small player in Dallas. This is not only because Mexicana went under, but also because the Dallas-Mexico O&D, ties, and yields have shot through the roof in the last year alone.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,482,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
In a related or unrelated move, American Airlines announced a very large expansion from DFW to Mexico to include:

Additional flights to Mexico City, Leon, Guadalajara, Cancun, and Aguascalientes
New nonstop service to Veracruz and Queretaro

American Airlines expanding Dallas-Mexico service | Tulsa World
Well this is almost good news. I did a quick looksee and found flights from DFW-MEX for $219 OW. Rats. That still comes out to be me shelling out an extra $280 over flying out of Houston. Well, not booking yet ...

Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,740,726 times
Just out of curiosity, now that Mexicana is out of business so to speak, is Aeromexico or Viva Aerobus now considering flights out of DFW?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Just out of curiosity, now that Mexicana is out of business so to speak, is Aeromexico or Viva Aerobus now considering flights out of DFW?
They cant. The FAA downgraded Mexican airlines to CAT 2 just before MX went under. What this means is that the FAA feels the saftey standards of the Mexican carriers is sub par. Other countries that are CAT 2 are the Phillipeans and Nigeria.

When a country is CAT 2, they cannot expand their schedules into the US. They dont have to drop flights, but they cant expand.

Had this not been the case, AreoMexico would have had a huge expansion into the US.

Some suggest that the FAA may have known MX was on the verge of going under and downgraded the Mexican carriers to CAT 2 to allow the US carriers to pick up what MX left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas