Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:29 PM

159 posts, read 291,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawvtanzi09 View Post
Irving with Coppell ISD is 2.7% so a 500k home will roughly be - 13.5k

Flower Mound is 2.19% so a 500k home will be roughly - 11k
Thanks. Roughly $200 a month difference !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM

937 posts, read 2,909,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff007 View Post
Thanks. Roughly $200 a month difference !!
Don't forget to factor in homestead exemptions. They are not the same for every city, county, etc.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 45,158 times
Coppell move, thanks for putting my mind at ease

Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 AM

What are your thoughts on the New Lee Elementary (Coppell) compare to other Elementary schools in Coppell ISD?

Old 10-31-2014, 06:46 AM

30 posts, read 77,251 times
Lee has state-of-the-art infrastructure and many cool environmental features, however the no-classrooms ideology is not jiving with everyone (feels too non-traditional to many parents). Other issue is demographics, about 80% of the kids are of India origin, they tend to be very one-track academic focused, thus lacks diversity.

Other established Coppell ISD schools like Town Center, Denton Creek, Lakeside have a more established teaching staff, extra curricular activities and diverse student base.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:22 AM

30 posts, read 63,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff007 View Post
What are your thoughts on the New Lee Elementary (Coppell) compare to other Elementary schools in Coppell ISD?

We love Lee Elementary. Our daughter is attending it this year. The racial composition didnt seem anything different from Denton Creek based on the stats that are available on Coppell ISD webpage. The main thing we saw is that a lot of amount was spent on this school (stats available if you google) and basically the facilities are good due to that. Further, this being a new school, the teachers are taking extra interest to live up to expectations. This is a new school but the teachers are not new to teaching and all of them seem to be well experienced.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppellmove2015 View Post
We love Lee Elementary. Our daughter is attending it this year. The racial composition didnt seem anything different from Denton Creek based on the stats that are available on Coppell ISD webpage. The main thing we saw is that a lot of amount was spent on this school (stats available if you google) and basically the facilities are good due to that. Further, this being a new school, the teachers are taking extra interest to live up to expectations. This is a new school but the teachers are not new to teaching and all of them seem to be well experienced.
Are you familiar with any gifted program in that school?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 AM

30 posts, read 63,191 times
We enrolled our kid a few weeks after the school started as we moved from a different ISD. She is in kindergarten and we havent enquired about the gifted program but i beleive they had some assesments done in the beginning of the school year.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,959 times
Hi everyone,

I have few questions regarding the Belmont landing community (in Coppell at beltline and macarthur) and anyone who have been familiar with Coppell area please help me,

We have been looking to buy new home in Coppell area my DH works near airport so wanted to avoid commute with 2 small kids so ruled out Frisco, we were not impressed with school district esp elementary school rating in Carrolton(new castle hills development)

we wanted to go with Belmont landing but
1. It is a small community(55 homes) and behind the community there is a small creek and also on other side it is in a commercial area - is that OK and will that affect resale value?
2. Is the new communities coming up in 114 and beltline(bridges at las Colinas, parkside east and west) better than this
3. Also I heard that there is going to be a new middle and high school build near cypress waters for the kids in the communities in 114 and beltline area, my eldest is in kindergarten now and by the time he goes to middle or high will the existing Coppell schools will have the same standards since the new communities are going to feed into those new schools. what if once these current students graduate from the Coppell middle east or north and coppell high what will be the standards of these Coppell schools since no new communities are developing in Coppell right now except westhaven by standard pacific close to 121
4. Finally with these increasing prices in Coppell area does anyone except a bubble blow out soon, is it worth to spend 500k+ in Coppell only to expect market go down in future?

I really appreciate all your response. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:26 PM

30 posts, read 77,251 times
I haven't looked into Belmont Landing, but looked at The Bridges. Bridges will definitely have more choices of floor plans and builders I'd guess, because it's much bigger (600 homes?). We ended up picking Westhaven (~250 units by Standard Pacific), because we preferred the north Coppell schools (more diverse and established) and proximity to the high school. Toll Brothers is another option next to it, but the prices are ~25% higher.

The new Cypress Waters middle and high schools are in the long term plans, but not likely to happen before another bond approval (tentative for 2018-20). However, the quality of the CISD schools is probably a non-issue, they're growing the school district slowly without compromising quality.

I think home prices in Coppell (and DFW in general) probably have another 10-20% to go, because of the fast growth and influx of East/West coast companies and migration. Good schools always act as insurance to stable/increasing home prices, but of course nobody can predict the next big recession!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: