U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
cj6
 
25 posts, read 138,868 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
I'm actually inquiring for my mom who wants to move out of Frisco and closer to where she works off LBJ and the tollway. I was in Dallas last week and drove through Preston Rd. from Frisco to the Galleria mall area and was impressed and unimpressed at the same time

There seemed to be some decent apartments around Arapaho and Preston north of Beltline..
Try 75252, 75093, 75075. Despite the reaction of some of the posters, there are some very nice complexes off Preston, inside 75048 as well. Are there some poorly maintained complexes? You bet there are - just like anywhere. I live in the Frankford/Preston area and my cohort works near the Galleria. Traffic is rarely (*excluding crazy holiday traffic) ever a problem. There are some perfectly cool, secured, well managed properties both to the North and to the South. Complexes will generally be newer towards the North, older to the South. Not knowing what criteria is important for you, I'd suggest using a professional apartment finder. There are several in this area (they are paid by the apartment complexes - the service is free to you). They maintain up-to-date lists of the specials by complex. The more specific you can be with them about what you want, the more likely they are to find it for you. Beats the heck out of calling a gazillion places and looking online for advice, only to find out it is nothing at all like you thought - or have been led to believe.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2007, 05:18 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,872 posts, read 38,999,940 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
That's too bad. It's so deceptive when driving around that area especially during the day. So many trees and well kept homes. Any suggestions on decent apts. in south Plano off Preston?
So true. The single family homes are great thru there but the apartments are hit or miss. Nice homes that sell if they come up for sale and updated. But surrounded by a lot of apartment complexes. We have some friends that live north of Campbell, south of 190 and west of Coit. The homes are GREAT but the apartments down Frankford are low income housing. I remember when most of the apartment complexes were built along Frankford around Preston in both directions, McCallum, etc. Same for the ones around Haverwood. Boy, has a LOT changed and not always for the best .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
 
Location: DFW area
1,195 posts, read 3,319,505 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6 View Post
Try 75252, 75093, 75075. Despite the reaction of some of the posters, there are some very nice complexes off Preston, inside 75048 as well. Are there some poorly maintained complexes? You bet there are - just like anywhere. I live in the Frankford/Preston area and my cohort works near the Galleria. Traffic is rarely (*excluding crazy holiday traffic) ever a problem. There are some perfectly cool, secured, well managed properties both to the North and to the South. Complexes will generally be newer towards the North, older to the South. Not knowing what criteria is important for you, I'd suggest using a professional apartment finder. There are several in this area (they are paid by the apartment complexes - the service is free to you). They maintain up-to-date lists of the specials by complex. The more specific you can be with them about what you want, the more likely they are to find it for you. Beats the heck out of calling a gazillion places and looking online for advice, only to find out it is nothing at all like you thought - or have been led to believe.
Thanks cj, I'll look into that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
 
6,584 posts, read 23,672,159 times
Reputation: 3220
I live in 75248. I'll try not to feel insulted.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,872 posts, read 38,999,940 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I live in 75248. I'll try not to feel insulted.
The single family homes in that zip are for the most part all very well taken care of and it is a desireable area for single family homes.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Addison, TX
62 posts, read 211,041 times
Reputation: 23
You might consider Addison, west of the Tollway. There are some nice apartments and condos for rent that wouldn't be too far from the Galleria.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 3,459,858 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISellAddison View Post
You might consider Addison, west of the Tollway. There are some nice apartments and condos for rent that wouldn't be too far from the Galleria.
Good idea, but Addison can be expensive. I live just a stone's throw south of Addison in Dallas and the difference in price is pretty substantial.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
11,815 posts, read 18,894,249 times
Reputation: 30917
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
So true. The single family homes are great thru there but the apartments are hit or miss. Nice homes that sell if they come up for sale and updated. But surrounded by a lot of apartment complexes. We have some friends that live north of Campbell, south of 190 and west of Coit. The homes are GREAT but the apartments down Frankford are low income housing. I remember when most of the apartment complexes were built along Frankford around Preston in both directions, McCallum, etc. Same for the ones around Haverwood. Boy, has a LOT changed and not always for the best .
Actually the two complexes on Frankford near Coit/190 are quite nice and well above the OP's listed price range. The mainly gross (and super cheap) apartments are along McCallum. A few blocks away makes a huge difference sometimes!

I had a couple of friends living in the Mandalay on Coit between Frankford & McCallum, it's a lot better than the apts on McCallum and also cheaper than the two on Frankford. It might fit the OP's criteria.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2007, 11:36 AM
 
Location: DFW area
1,195 posts, read 3,319,505 times
Reputation: 413
My mom was looking into some apartments around Voss and Briargrove Rd?

Anyone know much about that area? I know it's mostly in Addison but didn't know about how those add up with the price range..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2007, 02:52 AM
cj6
 
25 posts, read 138,868 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
My mom was looking into some apartments around Voss and Briargrove Rd?

Anyone know much about that area? I know it's mostly in Addison but didn't know about how those add up with the price range..
I know couple that lived in a complex off of Voss about a year ago. I'll try to reach them over the weekend and pass along any feedback I get.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top