Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM

419 posts, read 553,550 times

Advertisements

I dont understand some of the logic here. Why would he come to the US to seek treatment and then lie about being exposed so the hospital wouldn't know he could have it? The facts will come out eventually.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:16 PM

452 posts, read 898,543 times
Eric Duncan did something that other people could do and will. The hospitals are full they are not able to get treatment or it is not as good as ours. You go where you can to get the best treatment in this case he did not tell the truth because he knew he would not be able to come to the US. Human nature is going to tell you that not everyone is going to tell the truth especially when you see people dying around you. Watch the link below and it may come to reality as to what is going on over there and why he did what he did.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/face-face-patients-ebola-ward/story?id=25864452

WWYD????? Hopefully we will never know!!!!

The test cannot be trusted with US health security and economics at risk. Anyone want to go to Dallas anytime soon? Other countries have closed their travel to/from this region why are we still allowing it? He went from ok to deathly ill in a matter of 11 days. The symptoms can be misdiagnosis for flu in the initial stages which flu season is coming up.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:27 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
What is the frame of mind of people in Dallas right now?

Old 10-02-2014, 02:34 PM

108 posts, read 307,735 times
Quote:
Panic, curiosity, hunger, friskiness, malaise, unbridled optimism, and only speaking for myself, a little bit of itchiness.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:35 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacksb View Post
Panic, curiosity, hunger, friskiness, malaise, unbridled optimism, and only speaking for myself, a little bit of itchiness.
Next

Old 10-02-2014, 02:57 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Indifference from people I've talked to at work.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You ignored my point that your "information" was wrong (vomiting prior or during the first visit).

I don't have to reserve my anger for the medical profession alone. I am fully capable and well within my rights to eloquently express my anger and frustration at both the medical system AND the irresponsible individual who BOTH took egregious risks with the safety and wellbeing of our community.
I did indeed and am sorry for not responding on that particular item. You are correct as of info to date.

Now of what difference does it make after considering he presented himself in an ER mentioning he's feeling sick and mentioning Liberia during the exchange of info? I would opine many here would; after all of the CDC notices, suggest they should have picked up on that.

We're arguing the shade of grey right now because I think we agree his honesty is desired but not required nor should any medical practitioner who, given the CDC notices arriving in their hospital from August onward, upon hearing the word Liberia, simply have diagnosed a stomach ailment and sent him on his way.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:21 PM

452 posts, read 898,543 times
His honesty was required when he filled out the paperwork to come to the USA. They usually ask the question to the traveler's face. How do we know he disclosed the information should we trust him even though he lied on paperwork to his country. If he wrote it on the paperwork then I would blame the hospital. If it is he said she said I would believe the hospital staff since they have to write down everything a patient says for liability reason and that is medical/hospital basics 101.

Now to get back to really the issue at hand and quit pointing fingers. What are your thoughts on trying to make sure no one else comes on American soil that is infected? (If we keep this quarantined and no outbreaks happen.)

Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3a's View Post
His honesty was required when he filled out the paperwork to come to the USA. They usually ask the question to the traveler's face. How do we know he disclosed the information should we trust him even though he lied on paperwork to his country. If he wrote it on the paperwork then I would blame the hospital. If it is he said she said I would believe the hospital staff since they have to write down everything a patient says for liability reason and that is medical/hospital basics 101.

Now to get back to really the issue at hand and quit pointing fingers. What are your thoughts on trying to make sure no one else comes on American soil that is infected? (If we keep this quarantined and no outbreaks happen.)
For starters we need to shut down flights from infected countries and get tougher on the borders.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:46 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,409,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas