Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:48 PM

241 posts, read 382,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
It is normal for prices to continually go up, all new development volume do that. They do it for appraisal purposes

Down? Hard to believe...have a link of price history?
Current price at the time of this posting is $417990 :
New Homes by Darling Homes

Wayback Machine shows a price of $433990 back in April :

That's the only archive entry they have for that page but I know it was something like $415990 before the jump to $433990. Who knows... Maybe they're just testing the waters to see how much the market will pay or there's some other reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
I wonder why you did not consider Allen. The commute time from Allen would be about the same, compared to some of the Frisco/McKinney communities on your list.
I like the larger lot sizes and lower prices around parts of Prosper vs. most of Frisco, Allen, etc. Commute time is meaningful but not that huge a deal to me when comparing these burbs.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:14 AM

18 posts, read 41,863 times
Telegan, you are referring to one particular model for Darling in the new 71's section. It's a 1.5 story model, and I'm very familiar with it because we almost went with the plan. The pricing is an error online (it includes the game room upstairs) and without the bonus room, it is the lower price. If you look at all of the other pricing, the models have already gone up a few thousand (and they only just opened the model in this section). Their inventory homes went up as well; but as other posters pointed out, it's typical in a new development. I think the prices will continue to rise (as the other sections/builders have in the short time they have been there). Also, a new housing development is going in across the way (in Frisco) - and that should continue to drive the prices up in Windsong as well (since we all know how crazy high Frisco prices are). As you mentioned, it's hard to find anything comparable in quality of build for the price, but I like all of the builders in Windsong.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:35 AM

380 runs through all of Prosper, but that said, it will be very easy for residents of Windsong to avoid it altogether once repairs on Fishtrap/First are completed (to the new school in Windsong). Also, a service road is coming for 380 as well.

Windsong Ranch is off on 380, and there are serious car accidents on that road all the time.
Traffic on 380 is a hot mess as well during rush hour. Lot sizes are not any bigger than what
you can find in Frisco. So if you want a larger lot I would look at other Prosper neighborhoods.[/quote]

Old 06-06-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraheart View Post
Telegan, you are referring to one particular model for Darling in the new 71's section. It's a 1.5 story model, and I'm very familiar with it because we almost went with the plan. The pricing is an error online (it includes the game room upstairs) and without the bonus room, it is the lower price. If you look at all of the other pricing, the models have already gone up a few thousand (and they only just opened the model in this section). Their inventory homes went up as well; but as other posters pointed out, it's typical in a new development. I think the prices will continue to rise (as the other sections/builders have in the short time they have been there). Also, a new housing development is going in across the way (in Frisco) - and that should continue to drive the prices up in Windsong as well (since we all know how crazy high Frisco prices are). As you mentioned, it's hard to find anything comparable in quality of build for the price, but I like all of the builders in Windsong.
The prices appreciating is to be expected, but I was just more shocked at the $100k+ difference in pricing between the "base" home and what I'm seeing as "spec"/inventory homes. I haven't researched it much yet, so maybe it's justified.

Thank you for clarifying the whacky pricing on the Darling home. I couldn't figure out what was going on with that. Have you bought your home yet? Did you end up going with Darling or someone else? If so, how did everything go?

Old 06-06-2015, 02:41 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,818,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegan View Post
Current price at the time of this posting is $417990 :

Wayback Machine shows a price of $433990 back in April :

That's the only archive entry they have for that page but I know it was something like $415990 before the jump to $433990. Who knows... Maybe they're just testing the waters to see how much the market will pay or there's some other reason.
Well you got me there. That's a big big red flag if they have to drop the price that much from a developer's point of view. My personal opinion is to avoid any new development that has to drop prices

Old 06-06-2015, 08:13 PM

The prices didn't drop; they have all been increasing. It's an error on the web page with that one particular model (one price includes the bonus room upstairs; the other does not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
Well you got me there. That's a big big red flag if they have to drop the price that much from a developer's point of view. My personal opinion is to avoid any new development that has to drop prices

Old 06-06-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegan View Post
The prices appreciating is to be expected, but I was just more shocked at the $100k+ difference in pricing between the "base" home and what I'm seeing as "spec"/inventory homes. I haven't researched it much yet, so maybe it's justified.

Thank you for clarifying the whacky pricing on the Darling home. I couldn't figure out what was going on with that. Have you bought your home yet? Did you end up going with Darling or someone else? If so, how did everything go?
Yeah, I hear you on the price difference between base and final pricing; and at first glance, the pricing does look whacky on the 1.5 story plan. I think the reason there is a 100k difference or so on the Darling homes is because most of them added structural changes i.e. media rooms, 5th bonus bedroom upstairs, etc. which add up quickly on top of the base if it's not standard (as well as typical decorative upgrades too, accounting for another 40k or so). I know the one story plan added the bonus room as well as a media room (which is about 40k in upgrades just for that because it's adding a 2nd floor).

We didn't end up going with Darling, but I do love their homes. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the builders in Windsong. Are you still looking at Windsong, or did you decide you like Light Farms better?

Old 06-07-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraheart View Post

We didn't end up going with Darling, but I do love their homes. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the builders in Windsong. Are you still looking at Windsong, or did you decide you like Light Farms better?
Nope. I'm still deciding. I like Highlands, Drees, and Darling in there... just haven't decided. I've still got Light Farms in the back of my mind, too. I probably won't make up my mind for another month or two.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:34 PM

39 posts, read 74,722 times
Telegan,

Prices are not going up and down in Windsong because I have been following them closely. I just bought one with Darling at Windsong.

They started out at 378k for their model home last year , were at 407k in December, 425k in April and 435k now in June.

They are appreciating pretty well. They have 71 lots as well and they start around 417k for single floor.

Our first choice was Drees home with 2 story that is in 420k price range but after comparing room by room sizes, kitchen styling, size of master bed rooms and media, we felt Darling one is more modern design and Dress Deerfield J is dated. It might be a good idea to keep them side by size and compare.

Other Drees homes are excellent but were out of my price range in upper 400s. Highland 75, Dress 75, Darling 71 are also excellent but were out of my price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: