Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,929,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hollywoodian View Post
Wait a minute, we have a half black guy running this country and a black First Lady and there are people who actually still think like this? What an ignorant comment. I know several black executives who live in Willowbend Gleneagles....

Seriously, get over yourself.

Why is this an ignorant comment? Seriously, many of the black professional athletes in DFW choose to live in Plano.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Steve Harvey lives (or lived) in Plano as well.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 PM

40 posts, read 76,366 times
Well, when you're going to insult the neighborhood I chose to live in, yes, I'm going to defend it. I mean really, who do you all think you are? All one has to do is look at Lakewooder's and momof2dfw's previous posts about Plano to see a pattern. There's a streak of jealousy/serious insecurity in these people, and is made clear by their constant need to hijack threads pertaining to an area that's not their own. Get over yourselves.

By the way, I posted that link in response to you and others who kept insisting that the so-called true wealth of Dallas was in Highland Park and Preston Hollow. Clearly, as the data showed, Plano is right up there with HP, and many of you obviously can't handle that. Oh yes, and I don't want my kids to grow up in an area where they are judged by how much money they have or what they drive, but honestly, momof2dfw, how are you any different? Your tiresome, repetitive posts about Plano (yes, I've looked them up), and relentless diatribe you exhibit is the same behavior you seem to take such displeasure in.

Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited by the_hollywoodian; 05-21-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM

40 posts, read 76,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Why is this an ignorant comment? Seriously, many of the black professional athletes in DFW choose to live in Plano.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Steve Harvey lives (or lived) in Plano as well.

Yes, but you didn't say "many black professional athletes" choose to iive in West Plano. You said, "Those blacks in Willowbend-Gleneagles Country Club are all professional athletes."

You're suggesting that the only way a black person or family could afford to live in West Plano is if they're some sort of athlete. I find that offensive because I know and have known many professional (not athletes) blacks who probably make more in a year than you make in ten, and know several in Willowbend who fit that profile.

So, if you're going to make broad, generalized statements, you better make sure they're accurate, as yours clearly were not.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hollywoodian View Post
Well, when you're going to insult the neighborhood I chose to live in, yes, I'm going to defend it. I mean really, who do you all think you are? All one has to do is look at Lakewooder's and momof2dfw's previous posts about Plano to see a pattern. There's a streak of jealousy/serious insecurity in these people, and is made clear by their constant need to hijack threads pertaining to an area that's not their own. Get over yourselves.

By the way, I posted that link in response to you and others who kept insisting that the so-called true wealth of Dallas was in Highland Park and Preston Hollow. Clearly, as the data showed, Plano is right up there with HP, and many of you obviously can't handle that. Oh yes, and I don't want my kids to grow up in an area where they are judged by how much money they have or what they drive, but honestly, momof2dfw, how are you any different? Your tiresome, repetitive posts about Plano (yes, I've looked them up), and relentless diatribe you exhibit is the same behavior you seem to take such displeasure in.

Pot, meet kettle.

Oh heavens. Get your panties out of a wad. If you could not see the humor in my first post in this thread....... wow, just wow. All of us were having fun with it. At least we were TRYING to till someone got all pissy and wanted to start comparing incomes. Which, btw, my next door neighbors income gets posted annually in certain publications in Dallas as being one of the tops in the Dallas area, lol. Your the one trying to compare yourself and any FUTURE neighbors in West Plano to the residents of the Park Cities. The rest of us could really care less. But hey, if you want to try and judge how "wealthy" someone may be simply based on what their REPORTED income might be and the zipcode they reside in, knock yourself out. Just don't be too disappointed if they don't live up to your expectations when they lose their job and they can not afford the house or cars in your hood. I really don't care where anyone chooses to live. As long as they are happy and I'm VERY HAPPY with where I live and I absolutely LOVE my neighbors and we don't sit around comparing paystubs to see who will fit in (hmmm, some of them don't get them as they are in that position called "retirement" even though they are very young ). How am I different? I allow my kids to attend school w/ people from ALL backgrounds be it ethnic and/or their families income level. I make friends w/ people from all backgrounds easily. That is how I'm different. I don't feel the need to post on a public forum that I only want to leave near "wealthy people" as you have.

If you really did not care what areas were the "wealthiest" you would not be spouting off some of the stuff you have been. And no, I am VERY secure with myself, my life and my family and not the least bit jealous of ANYONE! I've got a great life and thank God for it everyday. I've also got great friends that are more like family that don't care who makes how much and where everyone lives.

Have fun in your little enclave.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 PM

Default Re:

OK, whatever. They are not ALL professional athletes. A lot of them are. I suspect there are more black (and white, for that matter) pro athletes in Gleneagles than black executives. Last time I checked, the executive ranks of EDS, JC Penney, Cinemark, etc. looked awfully pale.

Really, who cares? The relevant point is that a black person, regardless of how he makes his money, will find a welcoming enviroment in Plano, unlike HP/UP. You did notice the goose eggs for the black populations in every other neighborhood posted, right?

As for this:

Quote:
I know and have known many professional (not athletes) blacks who probably make more in a year than you make in ten.
Tell you what: Come over to my house. We'll go in the bathroom, whip 'em out, and compare. (W-2's, that is! What did you think I was talking about?)

Seriously, you don't know anything about me. I live in the same West Plano that you do. I have a "comfortable" income, and if a black executive were making ten times my yearly income, I'd be reading about him in Black Enterprise or maybe even Forbes. Don't go personal on an online forum.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,595,785 times
Having money and acting like a proper well-off Southern gentleman or lady are two different things. West Plano falls rather short on the latter for the most part. However, for many of the residents, that's not what they are looking for, so there's nothing wrong with West Plano. However, they will continue to be looked down upon by the more traditional areas of the Park Cities, Preston Hollow, and even to a lesser extent Lakewood because it's not the way things have traditionally been done around here. Actually having wealth is completely different from coming from a "monied" family--one can make a very middle-class income but if they come from the right family and have the proper manners they can be a part of the "old money" crowd.

However, if you aren't looking for that, there's nothing wrong with that. West Plano has many people that aren't looking for that.

And I would not say that the Park Cities are unwelcoming to blacks--actively seeking them out is different. There are blacks in the Park Cities and from everything I've seen they are perfectly welcomed into the community.

West Plano is not particularly more diverse than the Park Cities, and anyone acting like West Plano is a tolerant oasis in this cesspool of Southern bigotry needs to get some help.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 PM

Default Re:

From right here on city-data.com:

Quote:
Races in Highland Park:

White Non-Hispanic (95.5%)
Hispanic (2.7%)
Other race (0.8%)
Two or more races (0.6%)
Can someone tell me what's missing? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 PM

The other .4% which is black, as well as the entire population of University Park which is also a part of the Park Cities?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
From right here on city-data.com:

Can someone tell me what's missing? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Did you know there is ANOTHER Highland Park ISD in Texas?
Highland Park ISD
I never knew that. However, it appears this one is vastly different than the HPISD here in Dallas.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 PM

From Wikipedia:

]Highland Park: The racial makeup of the town was 97.27% White, 0.90% African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.83% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.77% from other races, and 0.60% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.73% of the population.

University Park: The racial makeup of the city was 94.33% White, 1.43% African American, 0.22% Native American, 2.23% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.93% from other races, and 0.84% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.10% of the population.

Plano: The racial makeup of the city was 78.26% White, 5.02% Black, 0.36% Native American, 10.18% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 3.86% from other races, and 2.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.07% of the population.

These numbers include central Plano and east Plano, which are far more diverse than West Plano, so the diversity you claim Plano has really is nothing to brag about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas