Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,471,838 times

Advertisements

I think Highland Park has a zero free lunch population. On the other hand, I think the new public housing project at Ohio and George Bush falls in the Plano West attendance zone.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,595,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I think Highland Park has a zero free lunch population. On the other hand, I think the new public housing project at Ohio and George Bush falls in the Plano West attendance zone.
Key word in this post. Public housing is NOT the status quo in western Plano--let's see how well these kids get welcomed by their peers at West.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Key word in this post. Public housing is NOT the status quo in western Plano--let's see how well these kids get welcomed by their peers at West.
Well, there is a 7% free lunch population at Plano West now, so they won't be the first ones.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:29 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,595,785 times
Quote:
Well, there is a 7% free lunch population at Plano West now, so they won't be the first ones.
Yes, but that doesn't make it economically diverse in the slightest. Hell, Jesuit and St. Mark's have more poor kids on scholarship than that.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Yes, but that doesn't make it economically diverse in the slightest. Hell, Jesuit and St. Mark's have more poor kids on scholarship than that.
Oh, I totally agree.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:55 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,929,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hollywoodian View Post
Yes, because you've gone door to door to EVERY single residence in Willowbend-Gleneagles and recorded the ethnicities and professions of all households. Do you care to provide any sources of information which corroborate this?
Uh, maybe the several dozen times I've spotted assorted professional athletes in the SuperTarget at Park/Tollway, or at LifeTime Fitness on Preston/Legacy? It's like in People magazine. Famous athletes shop! They buy diapers! Their wives nag them! I saw Michael Irvin at Best Buy buying Rock Band 2 for the XBox 360 last Christmas.

Over half of the pros I've seen (mostly football, some basketball & baseball, probably split 25% white/75% black) don't even play for Dallas teams. Why do they live in Gleneagles? Well, everyone has to live somewhere. As I'm sure you are aware, Texas acts as sort of a tax haven, as there is no state income tax. These guys can live anywhere they want in the off-season, and it makes financial sense for them to live in Texas. There's only a certain number of neighborhoods with $2-3 million houses, and a lot of those neighborhoods are less than welcoming to blacks.

Quote:
Of course. You know, blacks just aren't capable of any kind of profession which requires serious brain power and to expect anything more than physical prowess and success related to, is just too high a standard for those lowly blacks.
Your words, not mine.

Quote:

Because of course, EVERY successful black person is going to have write ups in such magazines, and of course, Forbes and Black Enterprise are the only such publications which cover these individuals.
Did I say that? What I said was, anyone making TEN TIMES what I do would be prominent enough to be in publications like Black Enterprise or Forbes. I stand by that statement.

Quote:
Seriously, do you have any idea how ignorant you come across?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say - less ignorant than you.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,929,257 times
Quote:
Plano West attendance area includes a fair-sized chunk of Far North Dallas. There are PLENTY of affordable apartments in the Plano West zone. The zone extends west to Midway, and south to several blocks south of Frankford. The portion of PISD territory south of Geo. Bush and west of the Tollway has cheap houses and cheaper apartments. It's not ALL tea and crumpets at Plano West. Just mostly.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:02 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Plano West attendance area includes a fair-sized chunk of Far North Dallas. There are PLENTY of affordable apartments in the Plano West zone. The zone extends west to Midway, and south to several blocks south of Frankford. The portion of PISD territory south of Geo. Bush and west of the Tollway has cheap houses and cheaper apartments. It's not ALL tea and crumpets at Plano West. Just mostly.
Wasn't there some new section 8 housing built at Hillcrest and 190? Is that in the Plano ISD/Plano West zone?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Wasn't there some new section 8 housing built at Hillcrest and 190? Is that in the Plano ISD/Plano West zone?
Yes, that's the public housing project I was speaking of in the earlier post. Isn't Section 8 a voucher program? This Ohio and 190 development is dedicated public housing. It is Plano West attendance zone.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Yes, that's the public housing project I was speaking of in the earlier post. Isn't Section 8 a voucher program? This Ohio and 190 development is dedicated public housing. It is Plano West attendance zone.
Oh, OK. Yes, I read about that one some time ago. I don't know what the difference between section 8 and public housing is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas