Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 11:40 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,125,715 times

Advertisements

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 47,842 +234
KENT 13,956 + 50
SUSSEX 22,195 + 47

Hospitalized 173 -24
Critical 20 +2

17 People were claimed by Coronavirus yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 12:10 PM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
2nd shot Done, Over, History, and In The Books!
Del Tech Dover was more than organized. Everything went like clock-work. 1:15 p.m. appointment took place on time, took all of 4 minutes, then 15 minutes of reaction time. Tylenol is on hand here, just in case. This accomplishment was better than the high school diploma or college degree.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Del Tech Dover was more than organized. Everything went like clock-work. 1:15 p.m. appointment took place on time, took all of 4 minutes, then 15 minutes of reaction time. Tylenol is on hand here, just in case. This accomplishment was better than the high school diploma or college degree.
Congrats. Let us know how you do overnight. Hopefully very well.

Well, it has been a busy day for me. I have been on the phone since early today. I am sorry to report that I have made little headway. Suffice to say I am beginning to think I should be being paid as an informant. I have spoken to the White House, the CDC and the senator’s office twice. (I called them and they returned the call to let me know they were working on it.). Apparently, I informed DPH that the feds were supplying the pharmacies now. Ditto for the White House, CDC and the senator’s office.

In the interest of fairness and consistency, they are all seemingly on the same page with regard to the 21/28 days as really not the window currently. As I pointed out to the CDC person, try telling that to people who see no hope of getting a shot in the new window of 42 days.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:09 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
So glad to hear you go it! Yes they were very well organized. I don't think we had to wait an extra minute until the final 15. Very pleased.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:13 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Congrats. Let us know how you do overnight. Hopefully very well.

Well, it has been a busy day for me. I have been on the phone since early today. I am sorry to report that I have made little headway. Suffice to say I am beginning to think I should be being paid as an informant. I have spoken to the White House, the CDC and the senator’s office twice. (I called them and they returned the call to let me know they were working on it.). Apparently, I informed DPH that the feds were supplying the pharmacies now. Ditto for the White House, CDC and the senator’s office.

In the interest of fairness and consistency, they are all seemingly on the same page with regard to the 21/28 days as really not the window currently. As I pointed out to the CDC person, try telling that to people who see no hope of getting a shot in the new window of 42 days.
Wow....impressed that you have been able to do all of this. Hopefully they all get their acts together on this and get it done. I agree about the days. IMHO it's what the manufacturers say that is important. They are the ones that did the testing and should know. The 42 days was from people who were not involved in the process and are just covering their "you know whats" because of the screwed up distribution plans.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Wow....impressed that you have been able to do all of this. Hopefully they all get their acts together on this and get it done. I agree about the days. IMHO it's what the manufacturers say that is important. They are the ones that did the testing and should know. The 42 days was from people who were not involved in the process and are just covering their "you know whats" because of the screwed up distribution plans.

You must have been listening to DH and I. I am waiting to see the next escalation of time. Although I am now hearing rumblings that the 1st shot gets you enough immunity to prevent severe illness. I would ask rhetorically, if that is the case then why waste all those second shots, especially when vaccines are in demand.

This is getting dumber all the time. We are due for 2nd some time after 3/2. Will keep you posted.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:53 PM

DPH Update on Second Doses:

]With the state’s continued limited vaccine supply, we must continue to strike a balance between offering first and second doses, with the recognition that doing so may slow the rate of offering first doses to eligible Delawareans. Currently the State is focusing on completing a person’s vaccination series. [/quote]

Vaccination providers have an obligation to provide second doses of the vaccine to those who it provided a first dose. We are asking our vaccinating partners to prioritize completing the vaccination series for individuals who received a first dose from them, and then with their remaining allocation strive to balance first doses to eligible persons and second doses for individuals who received a first dose elsewhere. Ongoing vaccine availability constraints may limit the number of first-dose appointments available, or the availability of appointments for second doses who received a first dose elsewhere

If you received your first dose at Walgreens, Giant, Camden Pharmacy or ChristianaCare, you may have received notice recently that your second dose appointment was canceled or postponed. Due to limited supply from the federal government and winter weather events, these second doses may be delayed, which is why you may have received a cancellation notice. DPH is supplying each location with corresponding second doses for every person who received a first dose at those locations. Each of these entities has already begun rescheduling these appointments. If you have not received a notification to reschedule yet, please be patient. These locations are working through their lists based on the supply they are receiving.

Additional information about COVID-19 vaccine rollout, which includes a list of pharmacies and medical providers accepting public requests for vaccination, is available at de.gov/covidvaccine. Questions can be directed to the Vaccine Call Center at 1-833-643-1715. People who are deaf or hard of hearing should call 2-1-1 or text their ZIP code to 898-211. Individuals can email their questions concerning the vaccine to Vaccine@Delaware.gov.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:56 PM

829 posts, read 629,902 times
Thanks, so much for all that information. It's good to know that the organizations that are listed are being allocated a supply of second doses for those who received a first dose at their location. What is perplexing is hearing of people like Skeddy who got a first dose at Giant and had his appointment for the second dose cancelled, seemingly without giving any assurance that when they get more doses, he'll be notified and rescheduled.

I hope the information you received is helpful for your neighbor friends. Sometimes being the first to get something pay by having to go through the glitches as they iron out the process. Best of luck to everyone and thanks for sharing the information you obtained.

Old 02-19-2021, 07:57 PM

829 posts, read 629,902 times
Just received a DE Vaccine Update from the Office of the Governor - here's the part that pertains to the vaccine update - but I'm sure the full message is posted on the official site: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/

Delaware Update - Friday, February 19

We have some good news: Delaware’s hospital numbers are down 50 percent from our winter peak, and we’ve administered more than 169,000 vaccines. Thank you for staying vigilant as we work to get the vaccine out in a fast and fair way.

In case you missed it:
• Delaware has partnered with FEMA for a multi-day, second-dose COVID-19 vaccination clinic. This event is appointment-only and for those who received a first-dose from the Division of Public Health at state-run vaccination events. Click here to learn more.
• The Division of Public Health is providing vaccines to hospital, pharmacies and medical providers so that they are able to give a second dose to anyone who received a first dose from them. That means wherever you get your first dose, plan to get your second dose from the same provider.
• If you have been unable to get a second dose appointment and are approaching 42 days, please be patient. Second dose supplies are being allocated as supply allows. For more information, visit de.gov/seconddose.
• Indoor gathering limits have been updated. Take a look here for more info.

For more information about vaccine distribution in Delaware, visit de.gov/covidvaccine.

Click here to view Delaware's COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker.
Learn More

Old 02-20-2021, 06:44 AM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
About my second shot yesterday 2/19.....no symptoms overnight or today. I went in with a sore back, and that's worse today. Maybe it's because of the shot, maybe not. I'm not complaining. DH goes to Dover Downs for his second shot, on Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware