Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM

27 posts, read 73,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you have a job location in mind? I think you'll know what you want to avoid by looking at it. It's "chemistry".
I work from home, so wherever we move is where I'll be working. My wife is a teacher, so she'll be applying to schools in the area and will work wherever she can get a job. I know that's vague, but we really are just getting started in our plans to relocate and narrow down possible destinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM

6 posts, read 10,022 times
You can find plenty of housing for great prices in Highlands Ranch. It is a safe area with 4 recreation centers (yr. round pools, organized sports). It is outside of Denver but is not far. You can access the Light Rail, C-470 and I-25 from this area. I currently reside here and have friends who live close by who are Jewish and their kids attend programs at their church (but I'm not sure what it's called). I could find out. You can get some homes for under $300,000 in this area. You can also find more expensive ones. The only drawback is that most yards aren't large but there is a lot of open space, trails and parks in the area. If you look around, you will find some homes with decent sized yards. I would suggest going to a Rockies or Broncos game, checking out Golden or one of the state parks like Cherry Creek, seeing Red Rocks and visiting downtown. Have fun and good luck.

I forgot to mention: there are 3 King Soopers in the area for grocery shopping, Walgreen's, Target, Home Depot, etc. There is a Town Center with restaurants and you can get to old town Littleton in 15 mins. for The Melting Pot and other unique restaurants. I have a great real estate agent if you need one.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2010 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,142,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheGlobe View Post
I work from home, so wherever we move is where I'll be working. My wife is a teacher, so she'll be applying to schools in the area and will work wherever she can get a job. I know that's vague, but we really are just getting started in our plans to relocate and narrow down possible destinations.
Well maybe she should find a job first. Getting teaching jobs isn't easy here, and the school districts tend to be large, geographically. Maybe rent somewhere central, until she has a job.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM

20 posts, read 29,955 times
I would check out the Hilltop area of central Denver. It may or may not be in the Cherry Creek SD, safe, just down the road from Cherry Creek for shopping, and last but not least a good size Jewish population. The housing should be in you price range to.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:21 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,142,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist81 View Post
I would check out the Hilltop area of central Denver. It may or may not be in the Cherry Creek SD, safe, just down the road from Cherry Creek for shopping, and last but not least a good size Jewish population. The housing should be in you price range to.
It doesn't matter what SD they live in. The OP's wife will have to apply all over the metro area to get a job. I'd agree with renting in Hilltop, then buying after the job is secured and they know where she will be working.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM

181 posts, read 584,067 times
Quote:
It may or may not be in the Cherry Creek SD. The housing should be in you price range to.
It is not in CCSD. It is in Denver. No way is it in that price range.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM

I could swear CCSD crept into Hilltop, maybe I'm thinking a little farther north. That is why I said maybe, it's not a big deal. Also housing prices are all over the place right now.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 PM

181 posts, read 584,067 times
Quote:
Also housing prices are all over the place right now.
A house of that size in Hilltop is an easy $500K (if the 4 bedrooms are above grade), and goes to as much as you'd like to pay. We're talking about one of the most desirable in-town neighborhoods in Denver.

No offense, but I live in Denver; my dad lived in Hilltop for many years; I went to Cherry Creek High School. I know whereof I speak.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Oh man I just realized I missed the line about 4BR,3BATH that WOULD be hard pressed in Hilltop. Maybe farther south below Leetsdale by Cook Park or something.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:25 PM

305 posts, read 772,312 times
Try the SE Aurora/Centennial areas off of Orchard/Smoky Hill and Arapahoe Roads. There are several subdivisions in there where you can get a great family home meeting your description in your price range. And the schools are amazing, IMHO--my son went through the middle school and is currently at Grandview H.S. I hear the elementary schools are excellent as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver