Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM

48 posts, read 79,076 times

Advertisements

I will have my 4 year degree in MIS/CIT/IT(different schools call it different things) with a focus on networking about a year from now.I have 2 years in a help desk/desktop support role.I have an A++ and MCP cert right now and will get others next year.I love computers and technology.I don't even own a TV.I can also repair small car problems. I am 22 with single with no children.I play piano guitar and work out.My 2nd language is spanish; I'm not fluent but I can hold a conversation and communicate. All these things were self-taught. I am mulatto to be specific.

I living in Houston Texas for 20 years and I have been living in MA for the past 2 years.I want to head out west when I'm done with my degree and COLO is looking really good right now.MA is too cold crowed and since I'm young I don't want to just head back to Houston.

So would this be a good fit for someone of my profile?
I am trying to find some where with there are low amounts of minorities and low % of persons with bachelors degrees.

Tnx

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-27-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: As requested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 PM

Any input from our members?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Nebraska has a better employment picture. There aren't a lot of minorities there, though Omaha has a decent-sized black population.

Regarding Colorado, there aren't many blacks, but there are lots of Hispanics here; I don't know if that's important to you. This state has one of the highest percentages of college educated people in the country. The employment situation is not the greatest here right now.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM

60 posts, read 74,078 times
Denver is almost 50% Mexican, so its not low percentage.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nebraska has a better employment picture. There aren't a lot of minorities there, though Omaha has a decent-sized black population.

Regarding Colorado, there aren't many blacks, but there are lots of Hispanics here; I don't know if that's important to you. This state has one of the highest percentages of college educated people in the country. The employment situation is not the greatest here right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post

Tnx for the information folks, I will keep conducting my research.I am still interested in moving to Denver. Also here in Boston 1/3 or more people have college degrees, so I think it would be comparable in Denver.When I first moved here it took me 10 days to find a job. I came here with no job.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-26-2011 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,062,612 times
I am trying to find some where with there are low amounts of minorities and low % of persons with bachelors degrees.

I'm sorry to be dense, but I'm confused by your statement. Are you looking to move to a place with poorly educated whites?

Denver has lots of well educated people and minorities, neither of which are exclusive to the other. Being black, white or green doesn't matter as much in Colorado as who you are as a person. Racism exists but in my opinion to a significant degree less than the South or even the North East.

Can't blame you for wanting to get out of the Boston winter, nasty weather this year.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
I think most any Front Range city would be a decent place for anyone with a 4-year tech degree, regardless of race.

There are threads in the Denver forum on racism in Denver, with the short story being that it's nothing compared to cities back east.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post

I'm sorry to be dense, but I'm confused by your statement. Are you looking to move to a place with poorly educated whites?

Denver has lots of well educated people and minorities, neither of which are exclusive to the other. Being black, white or green doesn't matter as much in Colorado as who you are as a person. Racism exists but in my opinion to a significant degree less than the South or even the North East.

Can't blame you for wanting to get out of the Boston winter, nasty weather this year.
Yea it sucks its crowed expensive and boring here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think most any Front Range city would be a decent place for anyone with a 4-year tech degree, regardless of race.

There are threads in the Denver forum on racism in Denver, with the short story being that it's nothing compared to cities back east.
My questions were not really about racism, I was trying to take advantage of Affirmative Action.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,584,330 times
So basically you are wanting to get hired based on ethnicity, with little regard to education and qualifications? If that's so, I'm sure you'll be a real asset to the company... I feel sorry for the company that doesn't hire you, because I smell a lawsuit.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
*27.5%

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...-redoLog=false
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver