Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 01:30 AM

2 posts, read 11,711 times

Advertisements

Oh my goodness I hadnt even remembered Red Rocks..... I was so not allowed to go up there, but did with a bunch of friends all the time. I was always needing help to climb up on the rocks, but usually drunk enough that I was brave enough to climb down by myself.. I'm 48 and my mother would still yell at me if she only knew. LOL I also have a child hood memory of a BIG Mexican resturant my aunt took me too a few times, I don't remember the food but the place was very entertaining. Cliff divers, dancers lots of color and noise. I do miss the big city sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM

3 posts, read 19,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
I think I remember hearing he went to Thomas Jefferson?
That's correct.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
How about Taco Johns by Villa Italia Mall? They used to a wait staff..I used to go to the Wallgreens and eat there with my grandma...

Old 07-22-2011, 04:09 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Speaking of Villa Italia Mall, it is no more. That part of Lakewood (Alameda and Wadsworth area) is now known as the Belmar center. Belmar calls itself "a new town center with a mix of retail, cultural, and public space."

Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,137 times
Yes. What is your interest in him?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 15,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
My memory is that the northwest corner was the location of the Tally Ho Restaurant. This was a place where they had many senior prom parties. The Hungry Farmer was a few blocks east of Wadsworth on the north side, across from Villa Italia. Am I right or wrong?? My memory is many times wrong but I do remember these places because I ate at the Hungry Farmer and I went to a party at the Tally Ho...ah...I think...perhaps...maybe...ahh...

That's correct. Went to the HF many times during my childhood, then to Tally Ho when I was a grownup (in high school!). Cork and Cleaver was around there as well, but my 'young' mind can't recall exactly where in relation to the Hungry Farmer.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:06 PM

There was a Farrell's in Cinderella City too!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Colorado Mine Co - yes! What a great restaurant!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,215 times
Does anyone remember a bar called the "Court Jester?" I think it was a play on words as it may have been down town Denver on Court Street. One time in 1969 a group of friends were going bar hopping and started to go into this bar. One of the girls with us got really upset as she didn't want to go in. We went in anyway and it took a bit but we soon realized that it had nothing but GUYS in it. They were all in suits and the place was quiet. We didn't even know what a "gay bar" was or for that matter what "gay" was back then. The bar tender didn't want us in there and treated us weirdly and we left. Later we found out that the girl with us was afraid she would see her brother in the bar. Were there other gay bars in Denver at that time? Either we were really naive or it was all under the radar back then.

Last edited by DenverDry; 08-05-2011 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,202 times
I remember one of the best burgers ever. It was on Colfax around Newport or Niagra close to Aurora. The place was called Bill Bonsibs Steakburger and it was different than anything I have ever eaten. It was a drive in with no seating inside at all. The steakburger patty was kind of layered and the cheese was a very special American. I could put away at least 2 and sometimes 3 of these things. I have been searching for years for a recipe or someone that was associated with the restaurant and have never heard anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver