Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about water?
I love it and don't have to add anything to it to enjoy it 24 77.42%
I'd rather drink soda, but water is healthier, so I force myself to drink it 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 PM

600 posts, read 1,611,232 times

Advertisements

So I just saw yet another commercial for a product to "enhance" the flavor of water. Apparently people find it so difficult to drink water "as is".

I love water. I never cared for soda. I would drink water even if soda was healthy. I don't add anything to my water, not even lemon. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,110,430 times
I didn't answer your poll because neither of the choices apply to me.

I drink water but I like it best with a lemon or orange slice in it.

I don't drink soda, milk or juice. Typically it's water with lemon, naturally flavored seltzer, tea, coffee and wine.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,852,619 times
I really enjoy a nice, room-temperature glass of water. I ALSO really like pepsi with crushed ice. I ALSO like chocolate milk shakes from Friendly's. I ALSO really get urges for Dairy Queen lemon-lime slushes, whatever they're calling them this year (I think they used to be called Mr. Freeze but they've changed their name a few times).

I ALSO like cold water with lemon wedges squeezed into it until the water is cloudy.
Furthermore, I love love love a glass filled with the juice of a fresh-squeezed grapefruit, blood orange, tangerine, and lime. No ice. Whatever pulp shows up in the glass.

Lastly, I really like pina coladas.

But yes I love water. All by itself. In a glass.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM

600 posts, read 1,611,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I didn't answer your poll because neither of the choices apply to me.

I drink water but I like it best with a lemon or orange slice in it.
Ah, crap, I forgot the third option - I like water with something in it
Let's just say it's either Yes, I like it or No, I don't, but I drink it cause I'm "supposed to"

Oh, and I think I should've posted this in "Food and Drink" section. If someone could move it, I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,725,276 times
Water just doesn't cut it for me. Some people love it; I am not one of those people. I see them on the street, in the office--almost everywhere. They drink plain bottles or jugs of water with verve, tossing their heads back, chugging it, then finishing it off with an "aaah". Good for them, bad for me.

That said, I drink at least a liter of sparkling water each day. For whatever reason, gas in the water makes it enjoyable. Toss ice and a lime, lemon, or orange into club soda and I'm really happy. Naturally flavored carbonated water is great too. I buy San Pellegrino by the case, and keep it at room temperature. I just don't do regular water. I have always been this way, too, since I was very young.

I do not drink any soft drinks or sweet drinks. Ever. Just coffee, sparkling water, wine, maybe a little beer now and then, pure cranberry juice, and about one 16oz bottle of regular water a day. But I don't enjoy that water, I drink it because I'm thirsty in the middle of the night, or when I wake up.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM

187 posts, read 542,545 times
I love water! By itself in a glass, somewhere around 40-45 degrees is perfect. I do enjoy soda and drink one occasionally, but nothing can quench a thirst like some good old plain water.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,740,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
So I just saw yet another commercial for a product to "enhance" the flavor of water. Apparently people find it so difficult to drink water "as is".

I love water. I never cared for soda. I would drink water even if soda was healthy. I don't add anything to my water, not even lemon. How about you?
I love water too. But not our tap water here, way too chlorine-y for me. We have a fridge that dispenses ice cubes and filtered water so I drink from there. I prefer it on the cold side, not tepid. I drink at least 3 litres a day.

I prefer it plain but don't mind a slice of lime in it (we have a lime tree in our backyard that is loaded down with fruit!).

I also love sparkling water and pick up cases of Pellegrino whenever they're on special. Love a glass of that with lime in it too.

I rarely drink soda. The only one I like is root beer and they don't have that here in Oz.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,827,540 times
i love the price!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,286,221 times
If I didn't have to, I wouldn't touch water more than once a year max. Doesn't do anything for me in any shape or form. That's what I used to do up to less than 2 years ago. It might have contributed to the health problem I got... I'll never know.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:31 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,591,325 times
Despite being from brooklyn, i prefer ice in my water. I LOVE icewater - even on a cool day, but much more on a warm or hot day. My wife likes to add a slice of lemon or lime - I do that only on occasion.

I also like seltzer, which is basically water plus bubbles (though sometimes we get flavored seltzer)

I used to be a big soda drinker, but I have pretty much kicked the habit - maybe a diet coke once in while.

I do like fruit juice - I have pretty much cut that out since my doc said I needed to control blood sugar and since I started following Weight Watchers.

These days I mostly drink water, milk, and seltzer, with a glass of wine or a beer once or twices a week. (oh and coffee of course, and tea, and herbal tea)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss