Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,826,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I will have a smoothie for breakfast made from frozen strawberries, bananas and non fat yogurt

Lunch will be a salad with tomatoes, 1/2 avacado, beets, pumpkin seeds and an oil/vinger dressing.

Dinner will be whole wheat cucous, with beans, aspargus and tomatoes.

For snacks I have almonds, banana chips or a piece of fruit.
Swap out the cuscous for quinoa which is a grain full of protein. I see you eat yogurt so you are not a vegan, so why not eat cheese?
I think for the most part you are eating very healthy, but you are lacking in protein. I would add more mono-saturated fats too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:21 PM

467 posts, read 665,226 times
Nah, b.s. Eliminate PUFAs- vegetable oils, grains, cold water fish etc. Sugar isn't the cause.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Swap out the cuscous for quinoa which is a grain full of protein. I see you eat yogurt so you are not a vegan, so why not eat cheese?
I think for the most part you are eating very healthy, but you are lacking in protein. I would add more mono-saturated fats too.
Thanks for the tips!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM

467 posts, read 665,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
No we don't "need" monosaturated fat which tends to be stored as body fat due to being a long chain fat. Coconut oil and butter, which are short chain fats, are much healthier due to the way they are metabolized quickly as energy and stable- MUFAs and PUFA (omega 6 oils) aren't stable and are therefore inappropriate for regular consumption. MUFA should be used as a condiment once in a while, not as a staple like Rachel Ray does- enough of the "EVOO".

Old 09-02-2019, 07:43 PM

11 posts, read 6,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Not really.
Cut out the sugars/carbs/processed crap and you don't even need the exercise to lose weight. The lbs will still fall off. Heavy exercise is healthy for your bones, muscles and cardiovascular system, but it will just make you hungrier. For exercise, just pick something you like to do for fun and do it. Walking the dog, hiking, swimming, cycling, sprinting through the park or up and down the beach, whatever.

But ya, people just don't get it.
Totally. Some days I feel like weight training or pushing it harder but the majority of the time I don't feel like it and so I do something I truly enjoy. It is so much more enjoyable because reality is if you are forcing yourself to do something then why do it? On top of that, sugar is the NUMBER ONE component to not losing weight. People cut all other food groups and it makes them sick and in reality, you just need to drop the sugars and artificial junk. Your body cannot process it properly and it just stores it because it doesn't know how to deal with it. You can still eat other things in moderation and have a positive balance of foods you enjoy and still be satisfied. The process is so easy, you just have to be diligent and consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss