Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have a boss who is a health nut, extremely thin, and weirdly obsessed with food. She rarely eats during the day except to snack on dried banana chips and stuff like that. I did see her get a small cup of soup once or twice in the winter. She once snatched a cookie from one of my coworker's desk, a slightly overweight woman, and yelled at the other coworker who had given it to her.

Anyway, her mother lives with her and her husband. She called me from home about something and then was telling me that her mother requested a hot dog for lunch on her 94th birthday. She was horrified, but she broke down and let her have a hot dog. Then she said her mother wanted a drink in the afternoon, and kept asking when she could have her birthday drink, and my boss kept putting it off because she didn't want to give it to her before 5 p.m. I'm thinking "For God's sake, the woman in NINETY-FOUR YEARS OLD, give her the freakin' hot dog and martini when she wants it! She might not make it to five o'clock!"
I know some people like this. They are just as obsessive-compulsive with diet as other people are with food. Sure, they're thin, but at what cost?

For proof, one only needs to compare how toxic this forum is to the "Food and Drink" forum. The fitness crowd here may consider themselves healthier, but the foodies over on the Food forum are way nicer, far less stressed out, and having a MUCH better time. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I know some people like this. They are just as obsessive-compulsive with diet as other people are with food. Sure, they're thin, but at what cost?

For proof, one only needs to compare how toxic this forum is to the "Food and Drink" forum. The fitness crowd here may consider themselves healthier, but the foodies over on the Food forum are way nicer, far less stressed out, and having a MUCH better time. LOL
That's a great point! I like the Food & Drink forum.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:34 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,376 times
First of all, I completely understand that people who are large/overweight can have health problems as a result. I completely get this. As a slender guy, I do try to watch my weight because of this.

That being said:

- I think women look better when they're larger/overweight. And, since women's bodies are designed differently than guys' bodies (probably because of the possible child-bearing aspect, whether or not they have children) they carry this excess weight better - just my biased opinion as a BBW lover, of course.

- It is also extremely possible to be too thin - I find skinny, emaciated people look less healthier than people who have a few extra pounds.

Just my .02....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss